Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 19-11-2017, 09:14 PM

Kidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is hereKidofwonder Sam the man is here
Velveteen Dream and Ali Black was match of the night but everything delivered.

Main event was a bloody good mess
Old 20-11-2017, 09:08 PM

Snikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSnikt5 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Anyone watched it yet. Some fantastic matches but the main event was a little disappointing
Old 20-11-2017, 09:24 PM
The Palace Traveller

CPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCPFC_Fan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
NXT smashed the main roster yet again. Every match was pretty sweet barre the first which was a hark back to the late 80s of "indestructable" men. Surely the main public doesn't buy that shit anymore?

As for Survivor Series I couldn't be arsed to watch the pre show as there was no incentive. As for the main card all was good except the ,ain event which was total dog shit and none of it did anything to enhance the newer talent. Same old shit we've had for 18 years and boy its ******* old,
Old 20-11-2017, 10:41 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
If you can't enjoy a 5 minute hoss match with one of the best wrestlers on the planet and a great newcomer, you must be dead inside. Plenty of room for that kind of wrestling in 2017 if it's done well like that was.
Old 21-11-2017, 09:25 AM
Returned.

Daniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
NXT was great, once again. Proper storytelling and payoffs.

Survivor Series was fine, AJ/Brock the highlight, but the 5 on 5 ending was silly and sucked the excitement out of the arena. On holiday at the moment, so not seen Raw, but will skim through it later..
Old 21-11-2017, 06:06 PM
I am a BAD MAN

RazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I did avoid the boards till I watched the Survivor Series, Enjoyed the AJ Styles v Brock, a very good match.

The tag team match was not bad either, Team Raw V Team Smackdown was bit pants I thought I did forward it just to see which team won
Old 21-11-2017, 06:07 PM
I am a BAD MAN

RazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRazorsEdge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_Nash View Post
NXT was great, once again. Proper storytelling and payoffs.

Survivor Series was fine, AJ/Brock the highlight, but the 5 on 5 ending was silly and sucked the excitement out of the arena. On holiday at the moment, so not seen Raw, but will skim through it later..
A real page turner it is this week's Raw
Old 21-11-2017, 06:24 PM
Returned.

Daniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDaniel_Nash : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
A real page turner it is this week's Raw
Yep, just watched it.

Mandy Rose though
Old 21-11-2017, 06:29 PM
I am a BAD MAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_Nash View Post
Yep, just watched it.

Mandy Rose though
Hubba hubba hubba....makes me feel old, as she is born in 1991....lol
Old 21-11-2017, 06:59 PM
Returned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorsEdge View Post
Hubba hubba hubba....makes me feel old, as she is born in 1991....lol
I'd be alright. Just. Wonder if she could bench press me... hm
Old Yesterday, 06:19 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Being slightly older, I kinda want to be thrown about by Beth Phoenix lol

I do like the old suicide girls alternative look, Daphne was right up my street, Ruby Riot kinda reminds me of her..

That there currently 20 women across both rosters, could be time for a lady rumble..
Old Yesterday, 05:56 PM
Between matches

MasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
Being slightly older, I kinda want to be thrown about by Beth Phoenix lol

I do like the old suicide girls alternative look, Daphne was right up my street, Ruby Riot kinda reminds me of her..

That there currently 20 women across both rosters, could be time for a lady rumble..
Suggestion is that’s part of the reason for all the call ups
Old Yesterday, 06:11 PM

CPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is hereCPFC.1990 Sam the man is here
Is the current WWE more aimed at Kids today?

I watched and travelled everywhere during the Attitude Era which was the greatest era of wrestling, but today's stuff just doesn't really appeal to me and haven't watched regularly since 2004.

I understand that the audience now like to watch the choreographed wrestling matches as opposed to the storylines?? Is that fair?

I've seen some of the newer roster like Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn and Finn Balor but they look like your average Joe and look nothing like a wrestler who you would believe could actually cause another guy damage.

Do you regular watchers prefer this current version?
Old Yesterday, 06:39 PM

Aaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAaroncpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My two cents over the last month...

NXT Takeover - Excellent show. Was a big fan of how The Velveteen Dream handled himself against Alistair Black and the main event was executed the way it should be. I have two minor criticisms in the grand scheme of things and they are there's a real imbalance between heels and faces now that Almas is Champion. There isn't any faces in a position to challenge him. Also I would have rather of seen somebody other than Ember Moon as Champion as I feel she's almost ready for the main roster and Kairi Sane could have done a good job putting Ruby Riot, Sonya Deville etc over before they got called up to their new shows.

Survivor Series - Half way through the show I thought this was a very good 'fantasy booking show. All the matches were long enough for the workers to express themselves and tell a good story. AJ was obviously going to deliver and make Brock look good before the main event. However the main event really took a shine off the event for me. They made the four previous nxt guys look guys look weak whilst Triple H and his mates got to look immortal as we were all led to believe how great him, Shane and Kurt still are. Just let others have their time ffs.

Ring Of Honor - They're in a position where they could really head in to a 'cool' direction. Guys like The Young Bucks, Cody, The Villian etc can act as heelish as possible but other than Dalton Castle there's nobody the people want to get behind more. People don't want to get behind veteran do-gooders like The Guns and I think some switches is a possibility they should explore.

Impact Wrestling - The less said the better. Every month i'm so confused with whose on the roster, what feuds are ongoing, whose being 'loaned' in from another company, what company each match is in, who are main eventers, who are mid carders etc. The show is a complete mess. I feel a bit for the people that have been there for over a year like Eli Drake, EC3, Eddie Edwards, Lashley and Moose who all need to accept that there careers are not going progress beyond it's current point unless they move to NXT or Japan.

Also Lucha Underground confirmed new series, too late now? Most of the talent on long term contracts with clauses not to wrestle on American Television must be pissed at how their careers have staggered for well over a year now.