Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

View Poll Results: Ed Sheeran - what's the point?
He's an Amazing Auburn Artist 37 31.62%
He's a Generally Gash Ginger 80 68.38%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old 16-01-2015, 04:26 PM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
he seems nice.
I didn't mind that A-Team song.

I tried listening to the X album but it wasn't for me.
Haven't heard any of his grime stuff
Old 16-01-2015, 04:28 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
I like ES and most of his songs. However I find one of the biggest problems with the pop world is that the main stream radio stations play their songs to death which ends up making you hate the artist and song. If you heard it maybe once a day, it would be fine, but when you hear it 10 times a day, it really puts you off. Well, that's my opinion anyhow.
Old 16-01-2015, 04:32 PM

Son of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSon of Ron : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilairehair View Post
He might be awful and everything but this picture is brilliant...

indeed....you can almost see him putting them all in his wank bank.....
Old 16-01-2015, 04:34 PM
Non T-Total

Lion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLion : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I know nothing about the guy but like his music.
Old 16-01-2015, 04:44 PM

PalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceForever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He seems a nice chap so I wish him well. His music is not to my personal taste, but I have sung along to a couple of his singles in the car if they come on the radio.

That clip of Wayne Rooney crooning to one of his songs is good. If you can watch more than 10 seconds of this, you're a tougher person than me:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 16-01-2015, 04:58 PM
Slightly Unstable

Location: A spherical nickel-iron alloy in the middle of a nothingness of unknown quantity
Santos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is here
Anyway, it's nice to see Avid Merrion has got himself back on his feet after that Bo Selecta shit.
Old 16-01-2015, 04:59 PM
Die seife bitte fräulein!

anti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is here
Gallagher can't be knocked,

To view the link you have to Register or Login

“Bands now go cap-in-hand to the industry and the industry has already decided what it wants for the f**king chart stars,”

“Every single song in the Top 10 is the same s**t with a different voice. If you’re number one in the charts now, it automatically means you must be s**t.”

Yeah, Ed Sheeran bores me shitless. A bit trendy to hold an acoustic and sing folky earthy stuff, but it's transparently fake and just shite.

Gallagher re-iterated his wish to play Glastonbury Festival next summer, suggesting that he will “bring his amp and guitar” regardless of whether Michael Eavis officially books him.
Old 16-01-2015, 05:31 PM
Got 99 problems...

IpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineIpswichEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanchilds View Post
Ed is a good friend of mine so I cant really get involved with out sounding biased.

He has worked very hard to get where he is today. The money hasnt changed him and never will.

Little fact for you, my names in the first album thank you list.

I was the idea behind Nandos Skank with Example & Ed.

He writes all his own stuff and if your on his back beacuse of Noel Gallager then shame on you.
This is interesting.

He does always seem like a very nice guy and i certainly would not deny he worked hard to become famous.

However, my point is more about whether he actively sought to kind of go much more mainstream and poppy, or whether he was moulded to do so by another, or whether it was all part of the grand plan.

Just seems like he shifted genre/appeal quite massively to me.

He came to the Steamboat Tavern in Ipswich recently. Years ago i would have gone to see him. In fact i did a few times. Now it was not in the least bit appealing.

I would cry 'sell-out', maybe even the most successful sell-out in the last 20 years, but not sure if that is fair. Hence a debate.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
Winston Churchill
Old 16-01-2015, 05:37 PM
ValetingMan - (Unretired)

deanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedeanchilds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I much prefer the early stuff then the new stuff to be fair, so I get where your coming from.

I just to go and see him play in pubs in front of 10 people and thats when he was raw and I saw the talent then.

I think the steamboat gig was the famous Liverpool 3-3 night!

Ive seen him so much I dont enjoy the big venues beacuse of it. Last gig I went to which I thought was great was Albert Hall where he actually agreed to play for Cancer Trust after Noel had begged him too. Now he is shit. Funny that.

O2 gigs didnt really do it for me....

Quote "CPFCBBS" and get 10% off any booking!
Old 16-01-2015, 05:40 PM
All Ivory Coast ain't we?

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
It's just bland shite for the Reading & Leeds crowd. I like pop music a lot, in fact Taylor Swift's new album is probably my album of 2014, but there's nothing about Ed Sheeran that would make me want to listen to him. I probably wouldn't change the radio station or whatever if one of his songs came on though, not worth the effort. Is this what the middle classes really like?

Plus he's a ginger, so **** him.

Last edited by danpalace07; 16-01-2015 at 07:17 PM.
Old 16-01-2015, 05:51 PM
we are PALACE!

hull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I don't mind a few of his songs which i do listen to but i don't think i could do the full album
Old 16-01-2015, 06:16 PM

SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
All I know is that 'Afire love' is one of the best songs ever.
Old 16-01-2015, 07:13 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPauLo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPauLo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPauLo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPauLo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPauLo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPauLo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPauLo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPauLo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPauLo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPauLo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I also love a good bit of pop, but I can't stand Taylor Swift. There's a thin line between polished and too polished and she went past it towards too polished along time ago.
Old 16-01-2015, 07:30 PM

SeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is hereSeanPalace84 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PauLo View Post
I also love a good bit of pop, but I can't stand Taylor Swift. There's a thin line between polished and too polished and she went past it towards too polished along time ago.
Her new album does what it's meant to very well. Solid pop album.
Old 16-01-2015, 07:36 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo View Post
Deanchilds Top 3 Mates:
1) Ed Sheeran
2) Clinton Morrison
3) Lily Allen
Mickey Mouse?
Old 16-01-2015, 07:38 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Is he one of these here today, gone tomorrow artists?

Craig David
David Gray

BTW. This is not an anagram game.
Old 16-01-2015, 07:45 PM
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Beatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Won lots of awards, everyone seems to want to sing his songs at Karaoke - but having heard him a few times, I think that he is over-rated.

"And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySwY7...eature=related
Old 16-01-2015, 08:33 PM

cockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcockles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Don't dislike him, nor really appreciate him. Am just amazed that someone like him, looks wise, has done so well and is mega popular (apparently). Power to him.

That said, I suspect the expectation over 200,000 "one gig a year" punters at Wembley in the summer could prove his undoing. (Much in the so way that Knebworth dispelled the myth of Noel Gallagher Lonely Hearts Club Band).
Old 16-01-2015, 08:39 PM
cheeks

beef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is herebeef Sam the man is here
I seem to dislike him because he's so popular and rich. I imagine he cries himself to sleep over it.
Old 16-01-2015, 08:50 PM
South London and proud

croydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcroydonexile came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
when a a teenager puts on an album or song and their parent says they like it or suggests they should go together to see that artist live, then that is the death of rock n roll.

watered down,inoffensive ,industry friendly corporate shite. Surpassed only by coldplay in music that should automatically carry the death sentence for being played in public.