Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 05-09-2017, 06:25 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Malbec.
Old 05-09-2017, 06:31 PM

saxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Malbec.
I'm sure that will appeal to Lauren more than the amount of hot women there
Old 05-09-2017, 06:38 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodstoneEagle View Post
Amazed by all the people mentioning La Cabrera. Tourist trap with meat no better than what's available everywhere else
I suspect it's a case of local vs tourist. Restaurants and waiters in Chile, Argentina, Peru, Brasil can treat you very different depending if they view you as a potential return customer or a one-off (never to be seen again) tourist.

I've experienced it frequently.

For example - there was a tango show I went to in San Telmo. A big place generally catering for the big hotel tour groups. I've been twice - first time in a gringo group and the waiters just rushed the food onto the table and off the table - and we were ushered out pretty soon after the show finished - so the next groups could come in for the next show. Second time - I was with the wife and my wife's sister and her partner (Chileans living in BA). No rushing, willing to go through the menu recommending dishes and wines, and no worries about more wine and additions after the meal - even a complimentary at the end.

Do not get suckered in to joining a hotel/tour group for these things. You can go to the same places, but go yourself. TBF. There are plenty of more intimate places to see some tango with a drink and a snack - the trick is to see a bit of tango or even participate with a few drinks and a snack - and then go to a nice restaurant to eat afterwards or vica versa.

All depends on how much time you have.

Another good option is the buffet places - all over, but most famous in Puerto Madryn. Careful though, Friday/Saturday evenings and Saturday/Sunday lunchtimes they are rammed and if you arrive at 10pm or 11pm expect to wait up to 2 hours for a table - best to get there 8.30/9pm at night or 12.30pm for lunch. For Sunday lunch I am always happy to go nibbling from cafe to cafe between Boca and San Telmo, some great brunch places.
Old 05-09-2017, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxoneagle View Post
I'm sure that will appeal to Lauren more than the amount of hot women there

Who knows?
Old 05-09-2017, 06:43 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy the gent View Post
I heard there's still a general dislike of Brits out there from the Falklands, is that still the case?
I haven't experienced that at all, though I've had some laughs about it. I suppose they might think you were a bit of a dick, though.
Old 05-09-2017, 09:14 PM

saxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsaxoneagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Who knows?
Well I know Lauren... and if she decides she's more partial to the latter, I'm happy to find out
Old 06-09-2017, 05:20 AM

Speron1 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSperon1 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSperon1 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSperon1 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSperon1 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSperon1 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSperon1 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSperon1 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSperon1 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSperon1 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSperon1 will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Was out there in March and went to a great little speakeasy in Retiro called Floreria Atlantico. It just looks like a flower shop (as the name suggests) but there's a full length fridge door to the left which you open to get downstairs for cocktails and tapas. Would also say the streetfood choripans are some of the best things I've ever tasted
Old 06-09-2017, 05:35 AM
wasteman

Ov. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
We're heading to South America in November beginning with a week in BA (staying in Palermo), before heading down to Patagonia and then back up the continent.

I'm hoping to take in football matches as often as possible and would like to catch one in BA. Ideally I would like to see a Boca or River game but I've seen the extortionate prices tourist companies charge for these so am not too worried about missing out. Who would be the next best team to see and how easy is it to pick up tickets?
Old 06-09-2017, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ov. View Post
We're heading to South America in November beginning with a week in BA (staying in Palermo), before heading down to Patagonia and then back up the continent.

I'm hoping to take in football matches as often as possible and would like to catch one in BA. Ideally I would like to see a Boca or River game but I've seen the extortionate prices tourist companies charge for these so am not too worried about missing out. Who would be the next best team to see and how easy is it to pick up tickets?
I saw Argentinos Juniors v Huracan when I was there - it was the Argentine equivalent of the play-off final. Our hotel got us tickets which were dirt cheap and arranged transport, too.

The atmosphere was mental. Definitely go to a game.
Old 06-09-2017, 07:37 AM

Speron1 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSperon1 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSperon1 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSperon1 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSperon1 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSperon1 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSperon1 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSperon1 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSperon1 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSperon1 will cross the room to turn the lights down lowSperon1 will cross the room to turn the lights down low
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ov. View Post

Not sure how much you're getting quoted but we saw Boca for around $130 US including transport etc arranged via our hotel when we were out there
Old 06-09-2017, 08:22 AM

Madden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I hear the blue $ is gone
Old 06-09-2017, 08:56 AM
wasteman

Ov. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speron1 View Post
Not sure how much you're getting quoted but we saw Boca for around $130 US including transport etc arranged via our hotel when we were out there
If I were to pay that kind of money for a game the options worth considering are:

Boca Juniors v Racing Club - US$190 per ticket

Independiente v River Plate - US$140 per ticket

Currently i'm undecided whether to buy in advance or try my luck when in BA. The prices quoted are from Landing Pad BA, a supposedly legit tour agency.
Old 06-09-2017, 11:29 AM
No longer of Hove

lauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxoneagle View Post
Well I know Lauren... and if she decides she's more partial to the latter, I'm happy to find out
I think you also know I recently got married... to a man I'm all about the steak and Malbec. Hot Latina women... not so much!

Thanks for the tips guys, please keep them coming.
"Football is an incredible bond. People donít understand it. You donít understand it yourself. When you fall in love at four years old, before you know about anything, the first thing you fall in love with is a football team, itís an undying love. It canít be broken. You canít change football teams."
Old 06-09-2017, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_of_hove View Post
I think you also know I recently got married... to a man I'm all about the steak and Malbec. Hot Latina women... not so much!

Thanks for the tips guys, please keep them coming.
Old 06-09-2017, 12:53 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Congratulations, Lauren.
Old 17-11-2017, 12:38 AM
wasteman

Unlikely but worth a try - does anyone know if there is a Palace bar, or a bar in general in BA that may show the Palace/Everton game on Saturday?
Old 17-11-2017, 02:39 AM

Try and contact BBSer Lenny via PM. He owns a bar there. He hasnt been on for a long time though.
Old 17-11-2017, 02:42 AM

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 17-11-2017, 09:54 AM
No longer of Hove

lauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelauren_of_hove : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I couldn't find anywhere showing the game while I was out there, having said that it was a 12.30 kick off. I watched it on a (very decent) stream in my hotel room. What a great city. Can't wait to go back one day.
"Football is an incredible bond. People donít understand it. You donít understand it yourself. When you fall in love at four years old, before you know about anything, the first thing you fall in love with is a football team, itís an undying love. It canít be broken. You canít change football teams."
Old 17-11-2017, 10:14 AM
wasteman

Thanks guys. Another member has pm'd me the name of Lenny's bar so I will check it out.

It is a great city, my second time here. I have tickets for Independiente v River Plate on Saturday night which will be an experience.