Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 05-11-2017, 02:50 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhcp View Post
For similar money to the fiat, you can pick up a Mercedes Citan. Personally I'd avoid the Peugeot partner unless you add extra locks. A toddler could break into one.
If you think theyíre bad, just never, ever, buy a transit.

A single sperm could break into one of them.
Old 05-11-2017, 02:56 PM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky View Post
Not a new venture, but my old man is retiring and I need a vehicle for the shop, I want to be able to offer delivery on new bikes and collections and deliveries on repairs and also have the possibility of doing a bit of on site servicing for fleet customers. I'll also get it sign written / wrapped so I can be a nice big moving advert for the shop.

Dont plan to drive into central London so the ulez shouldn't be an issue for me
Cant you cycle deliver the bikes?
Old 05-11-2017, 02:57 PM

foresthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietforesthillbilly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I bought a Vauxhall crew van 2 years ago. 1.3 diesel turbo give more than adequate grunt, with fine fuel economy. Also has the benefit of seating 1 driver and 4 adult passengers. Good space in the back, and you can drop the 3 rear sets to give more room.
Big drawbacks are lack of visibility to the rear (no rear windows), lack of power steering, which gives it the tuning circle of a battleship, no air con.

But it fits in a car parking space (good for ferry trips) and it fits under most car height barriers in car parks. Got a roofrack for kayaks and it can tow my 22ft boat and trailer

For the drawbacks, it does a job and is reliable.
I've driven better. Renault and Ford stand out as excellent van producers

Last edited by foresthillbilly; 05-11-2017 at 03:02 PM.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:39 PM
BBS Bicycle Guru

spunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Thought about a crew van, but Id need a LWB transit to be able to stand bikes up whole in the back of it

Follow me on Twitter -@wally_cycles
@DuncanInglis

Quote:
Someone who bought their bike from Halfords telling Spunky his advice on bike repairs is crap!

Priceless :)
Old 05-11-2017, 04:02 PM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Thought about a crew van, but Id need a LWB transit to be able to stand bikes up whole in the back of it
The VW Transporters you wouldn't but are pricey. I looked at a few Vito as well
Old 05-11-2017, 04:38 PM
BBS Bicycle Guru

spunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspunky came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Price of transporters is insane!

@DuncanInglis

Quote:
Someone who bought their bike from Halfords telling Spunky his advice on bike repairs is crap!

Old 05-11-2017, 04:56 PM

vitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Interesting, where would I look for such a thing?
There are some on the site below. As mentioned before auctions are the best price but you don’t get any sort of guarantee. I found mine via autotrader but if you google “ex fleet vans for sale” you will find some sites.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 05-11-2017, 06:05 PM
Chubby Chops balls drop

redandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is hereredandblue Sam the man is here
I am looking for a van for my leafletting business so needs to be Transit Connect/Berlingo size keep getting pulled towards leasing a new one or buying and old one. I think leasing makes more sense but I am worried about someone else deciding how many miles I do and deciding when and what I have to pay if there is a scratch. I also keep getting drawn towards a Crew Cab van but at the size I am looking at and baring in mind it will only be used to transport leaflets what is the advantage over this than an estate car ?
"And then when it was all over, a thousand Palace fans stayed on to applaud their side's warm-down and the strains of Glad All Over crashed out across Selhurst. Daft little tune .......brave little team"

Sunday Mail 7/11/2004 after 1-1 with Arsenal
Old 05-11-2017, 06:19 PM

vitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvitesse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by redandblue View Post
I am looking for a van for my leafletting business so needs to be Transit Connect/Berlingo size keep getting pulled towards leasing a new one or buying and old one. I think leasing makes more sense but I am worried about someone else deciding how many miles I do and deciding when and what I have to pay if there is a scratch. I also keep getting drawn towards a Crew Cab van but at the size I am looking at and baring in mind it will only be used to transport leaflets what is the advantage over this than an estate car ?
Tbh you are probably better off with an estate or an MPV type car if itís just leaflets. Vans are a huge target for scumbags breaking into them looking for tools to nick. Itís seems to be really prevalent at the moment!
Old 05-11-2017, 09:24 PM
BBS Bicycle Guru

^^^

One of my major concerns

@DuncanInglis

Quote:

Old 21-11-2017, 07:23 AM

bhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbhcp came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse View Post
Tbh you are probably better off with an estate or an MPV type car if itís just leaflets. Vans are a huge target for scumbags breaking into them looking for tools to nick. Itís seems to be really prevalent at the moment!
Mates brand new trafic had the locks drilled last night in Sevenoaks
Old 21-11-2017, 06:24 PM
BBS Bicycle Guru

Just bought this

@DuncanInglis

Quote: