Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 12-11-2018, 09:42 AM

andyocpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietandyocpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietandyocpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietandyocpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietandyocpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietandyocpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietandyocpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietandyocpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietandyocpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietandyocpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietandyocpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
So do we actually know what the problem is?
Old 12-11-2018, 09:43 AM

teesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietteesdale99 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekychippie View Post
Tomkins been player of the season for me so far .
Without a doubt in the top 4.

In my opinion.

Awb
Tomkins
Sakho
Hennessey
Old 12-11-2018, 10:25 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by teesdale99 View Post
Without a doubt in the top 4.

In my opinion.

Awb
Tomkins
Sakho
Hennessey
Not having that. Without Zaha we wouldn't have a point and you have Sakho, who has made lots of basic mistakes, and an average keeper, over our top scorer and someone who has played a major part in all the points we have won?
Old 12-11-2018, 10:30 AM

Lombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is hereLombardo's hair Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE View Post
How Tarkowski or Dunk get in the England squad ahead of him is beyond me....
Who can argue with that?
Old 12-11-2018, 10:37 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCOOLSTEVE View Post
How Tarkowski or Dunk get in the England squad ahead of him is beyond me....
I imagine age has something to do with it. They will be seen as options for the future.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:39 AM

Spindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is hereSpindle Sam the man is here
Even in the future, years after Tomkins hangs up his boots, he'd be a better defender than Lewis Dunk.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:45 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spindle View Post
Even in the future, years after Tomkins hangs up his boots, he'd be a better defender than Lewis Dunk.
Shocking he hasn't been called up to the England squad but j won't complain with our lack of cover right now
Old 12-11-2018, 10:48 AM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
He hasn't been called up (imo) because he doesn't fit the type of CB Southgate understandably wants - i.e. good on the ball and with pace. I like what Southgate is doing and it's right that he builds the defence around the likes of Maguire, Gomez, Stones etc.

Dunk and Tarkovski only get in (presumably) because they are younger and have the potential to develop but they are certainly not better defenders than Tomkins. The other thing that holds Tomkins back of course is his injury record. He's such a good defender though - our best CB imo.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:02 AM
DGFootball Pod

Sir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSir.S.C Remembered came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sakho has been poor in many a game

On iTunes under DGFootball on iTunes Podcast App or here https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/...125711476?mt=2

Also on ACAST too:
https://www.acast.com/dgfootball
Old 12-11-2018, 11:15 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
A great signing and asset, even our set up for identifying players couldn't get this one wrong. Obvious quality.
Old 13-11-2018, 09:24 AM

Yoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is hereYoda Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by sl6 Eagle View Post
Probably a bad injury judging by his reaction when he went off. Why is it always our key players who pick up injuries. Wilf, Benteke, Tomkins, Wickham, Dann and often Sakho. Always seem to be a few in the same position too. Just our luck.
I think he was very frustrated, because he wanted to play on but the physio and Roy felt otherwise. I don’t think he was angry with them, but upset that the injury had occurred. From my observations it happened when he fouled their guy in the centre circle and received a yellow card. Their legs clashed and Tomkins’ leg was jarred....bad bruising and possible muscle damage I’d guess.

I sit above the dugouts and could see the conversations going on. It was clear they were watching Tomkins and becoming increasingly concerned as he hobbled about. They’d already given him half-time to recovery, so I think they were right to conclude he wasn’t going to run this one off, and might even make the injury much worse by continuing.
Old 13-11-2018, 09:30 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
He hasn't been called up (imo) because he doesn't fit the type of CB Southgate understandably wants - i.e. good on the ball and with pace. I like what Southgate is doing and it's right that he builds the defence around the likes of Maguire, Gomez, Stones etc.

Dunk and Tarkovski only get in (presumably) because they are younger and have the potential to develop but they are certainly not better defenders than Tomkins. The other thing that holds Tomkins back of course is his injury record. He's such a good defender though - our best CB imo.
Tomkins is good on the ball.
Old 13-11-2018, 11:54 AM

hdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is herehdeagle Sam the man is here
Tomkins defensive stats have him as the second best English centre back in the past year but that was not enough to win him a call-up for the World Cup or even the England games following it.

His average score rating based on his performances merit inclusion over players who are in the squad.

Tomkins and Sakho is one of the most solid defensive centre back pairings in the League based on how few goals Palace have conceded when they are playing.
Old 13-11-2018, 12:01 PM

Hector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHector came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Top quality, easily our best centre back. He was injured on Saturday but was still hacked off with being subbed which shows his attitude.
Old 13-11-2018, 12:09 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeagle View Post
Tomkins defensive stats have him as the second best English centre back in the past year but that was not enough to win him a call-up for the World Cup or even the England games following it.

His average score rating based on his performances merit inclusion over players who are in the squad.

Tomkins and Sakho is one of the most solid defensive centre back pairings in the League based on how few goals Palace have conceded when they are playing.
It really does feel like the FA has something against palace
Old 13-11-2018, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Tomkins is good on the ball.
Not up to international level requirements. If I was Southgate I wouldn't select him. He's a good premier league defender but no more than that.
Old 13-11-2018, 04:45 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Not up to international level requirements. If I was Southgate I wouldn't select him. He's a good premier league defender but no more than that.
I agree. Great for us but difficult to make a case for
England place. I don't understand the Burnley guy playing though Tard...... But that doesn't make Tonka an England player
Old 13-11-2018, 04:52 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
You are kidding. Englands back 3 put us under pressure and were found wanting when it mattered against Croatia. They are no better, and are worse at defending. You’d seriously pick Maguire over Tomkins?
Old 13-11-2018, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
You are kidding. Englands back 3 put us under pressure. They are no better, and are worse at defending. You’d seriously pick Maguire over Tomkins?
Mate, you need to take your red and blue spectacles off. Maguire is a better all round defender. He’s superb on the ball. There’s a reason many of the top clubs want him.

Seriously, Tomkins is one of the few players at Palace that I like and rate highly. He’s fantastic. But I’ve got not problem with him not being picked by England as there are better defenders out there.
Old 13-11-2018, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin H View Post
I agree. Great for us but difficult to make a case for
England place. I don't understand the Burnley guy playing though Tard...... But that doesn't make Tonka an England player
Agree with that.

I’m glad we’ve got him as he’s been superb for us. Long may it continue. But I can’t see any call ups on the horizon.