Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 14-06-2018, 09:58 AM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdMan View Post
So if I get an Echo for my elderly Mother,can I talk to her on it using the Alexa app, if I don't actually own my own Echo?
To view the link you have to Register or Login

Quote:
Alexa calling and messaging is available across the Echo family. You can ask Alexa to call or message anyone with a supported Echo device, Fire Tablet or the Alexa App on their smartphone.
Old 17-07-2018, 06:57 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Is it right that you can no longer view YouTube videos on the show?
Old 17-07-2018, 07:59 PM

LN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
Is it right that you can no longer view YouTube videos on the show?
Don't have the Show myself but Amazon and Google (YouTube's parent company) fell out big time last year and YouTube was supposed to be withdrawn from Amazon devices. Google is shortly bringing out a rival to the Echo Show so no doubt also trying to tip things in their favour? I turned on my Samsung HDD recorder smart apps the other day for the first time in a while and the YouTube app was deleted on the update so it may be that they (Google) are getting very possessive about YouTube on devices?
Old 17-07-2018, 08:05 PM

andyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is hereandyocpfc Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by LN1 View Post
Don't have the Show myself but Amazon and Google (YouTube's parent company) fell out big time last year and YouTube was supposed to be withdrawn from Amazon devices. Google is shortly bringing out a rival to the Echo Show so no doubt also trying to tip things in their favour? I turned on my Samsung HDD recorder smart apps the other day for the first time in a while and the YouTube app was deleted on the update so it may be that they (Google) are getting very possessive about YouTube on devices?

Interesting to know, thanks. I know there was a bit of conflict. I also have fire tv and you can still watch YouTube but it sends you via Firefox to it although opens up as a normal app.
Old 18-07-2018, 10:31 AM

Isle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is hereIsle of Wight Sam the man is here
I have my echos all happily working off my BT router and my Hue lights off a round bridge.

However I have run an ethernet cable 100 meters from the router and set up a wireless access point which is all working fine for my laptop, TV etc. I have now bought in the Prime day sale a Echo Plus with the built in hub and a couple of bulbs. Now my problem is, as I already knew, my round bridge wont reach this far Hence the Plus. But I cant seem to have two bridges any one got any idea how I can make this work.

edit I tried all the apps but got nowhere but then asked alexa and she found the bulb!! However I am now stuck with calling it "First light" and it doesnt appear anywhere for me to edit or group so if anyone has achieved this Id appreciate some help.

Member of the Magnificent 16
29th May 2004
Member of the Magnificent 1007
22nd May 2006
Member of the Magnificent 33000
27th May 2013

Please if you can donate to this, give back some of the joy you have had watching the 'A Palace Minute' series from BUBBS11.

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina

Last edited by Isle of Wight; 18-07-2018 at 10:43 AM.
Old 23-07-2018, 05:50 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isle of Wight View Post
I have my echos all happily working off my BT router and my Hue lights off a round bridge.

However I have run an ethernet cable 100 meters from the router and set up a wireless access point which is all working fine for my laptop, TV etc. I have now bought in the Prime day sale a Echo Plus with the built in hub and a couple of bulbs. Now my problem is, as I already knew, my round bridge wont reach this far Hence the Plus. But I cant seem to have two bridges any one got any idea how I can make this work.

edit I tried all the apps but got nowhere but then asked alexa and she found the bulb!! However I am now stuck with calling it "First light" and it doesnt appear anywhere for me to edit or group so if anyone has achieved this Id appreciate some help.
Two places to try. Smart Home and then select Devices (tab?). On some things you can edit the device and change the name?

On my TPLinks. You edit the device in the Kasa app. So first question is does the bulb(mfr) have its own app and if so does it let you change its name?

Just guesses.
Old 26-07-2018, 12:04 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Just info for anyone that already has Creston home automation and is thinking about integrating Alexa into it - it's working pretty well so far here. Halfway through but probably beyond my low expectations so far. This really only applies to someone with Crestron already though.