Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Other Sport Ľ World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 09-06-2018, 04:21 AM

cantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugly and fat View Post
did my quickest ever club handicap on weds ( just short of 5 miles around streets of east croydon) slowest runner sets of 1st fastest last etc; there are 3 and you have to do at least 1 before the final 1 in july to be in with a chance of the "trophy"
last year i ran the last race in 41:33 to win the trophy!!!
this year i did the 1st in 40:33,2nd in 40:16 so im hoping to finally go under 40 when the last one is done in July; course has 2 hills (sandilands and parkhillrise) and is challenging!!!
Good run and well done - I managed 37 mins - no idea how I ran 34 something 2 years ago - Eaglemart ran a stormer
Old 09-06-2018, 04:23 AM

cantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugly and fat View Post
i once did a half marathon which was 6 laps around hackney marshes ( in the days before THAT stadium was built) half the fun was having a joke with the person tasked with counting your laps!!!!
Actually 2 people that ran with us managed to miscount and only do 12 laps!
Old 09-06-2018, 12:45 PM

tomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by che12345 View Post
Did anyone on here do the assembly league 5km at Battersea last night?

Can I just say how ridiculously fast it was. I race 16.30 at was a lowly 45th! 4 sub 15 and 23 sub 16 times recorded too.
I was there as well, and agree it was a very fast field. Got around in 17:12 to finish 79th
Old 09-06-2018, 02:41 PM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
seemed to have torn my front thigh muscle. It was sore a fortnight ago, I ran on it and it didn't bother me. Next day was hobbling.

Haven't done this injury since I played football but it really doesn't seem to be getting better. Any suggestions?
Old 09-06-2018, 03:18 PM
Probationary User

Stuart2017 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkStuart2017 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkStuart2017 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkStuart2017 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkStuart2017 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkStuart2017 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkStuart2017 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkStuart2017 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkStuart2017 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkStuart2017 sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkStuart2017 sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenalin john View Post
seemed to have torn my front thigh muscle. It was sore a fortnight ago, I ran on it and it didn't bother me. Next day was hobbling.

Haven't done this injury since I played football but it really doesn't seem to be getting better. Any suggestions?
Iím no expert; my only suggestions are lots of stretching (sit on shins and lean back) (as often as possible daily) and deep heat. Donít rush back - wait Ďtil itís almost completely healed (or preferably completely).
Old 09-06-2018, 07:43 PM

ugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineugly and fat : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
todays session

2k :10.40

90 secs rest

1 mile in 8.11

75 secs

then 3 x 800 mtrs 3.58,3.56,3.56 off 75 secs

all done on lloyd park grass "track"

in training for wedding day 7k at the end of july; in between i will have a "fast" park run (prob Beckenham place) to test my speed and 1 last attempt at going under 40 for my club handicap

The thoughts and opinions expressed here are MY OWN.....

#CRPS read this http://gettingtoknowmecrps.blogspot.co.uk/

to find out what #CRPS is
Old 10-06-2018, 01:00 PM

Was on North stand chat the other day and had a look at their running thread - theyíve got a spreadsheet off all pbs and sbs over regular running distances.

Someone has too much time on their hands
Old 11-06-2018, 01:16 PM

che12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'll start by adding my PB's
5km 12.23
10km 27.43
Half Marathon 67.54
Marathon 1.59.59

Hmm, anyone else smell the BS around the place :-)
Old 11-06-2018, 02:15 PM

tomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minetomario : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Anyone else doing the dino dash on Wednesday evening at Crystal Palace Park?
Old 11-06-2018, 02:23 PM

eagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is hereeagle mart Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomario View Post
I'll be there along with... scrap that. 51 of us running.

Last edited by eagle mart; 11-06-2018 at 03:58 PM.
Old 11-06-2018, 04:56 PM

Quote:
I'll start by adding my PB's

5km 12.23

10km 27.43

Half Marathon 67.54

Marathon 1.59.59

Hmm, anyone else smell the BS around the place :-)

Old 11-06-2018, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomario View Post

Will be there as part of a striders contingent
Old 12-06-2018, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle mart View Post
I'll be there along with... scrap that. 51 of us running.
Will see you there, ten teams from Dulwich Runners
Old 12-06-2018, 01:06 PM

che12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineche12345 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Seventeen Striders, blimey out in force.

I'll be one of two teams from Crystal Palace Physio Group.
Old 13-06-2018, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Seventeen Striders, blimey out in force.

I'll be one of two teams from Crystal Palace Physio Group.

18 teams is the final count
Old 14-06-2018, 12:55 PM

Was a good event and nice few beers after. Biggest regret was queuing up for ages at the Bridge House for a pint there rather than joining you Striders straight away in the Goldsmiths!
Old 14-06-2018, 03:38 PM

Goldsmiths was a good idea seven straight away
Old 14-06-2018, 04:48 PM

Tom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTom's Old Man : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Was a good event and nice few beers after. Biggest regret was queuing up for ages at the Bridge House for a pint there rather than joining you Striders straight away in the Goldsmiths!
Went there to spectate. A good evening, but we gave up in the Bridge House due to excessive queues. Stopped off in Shirley for a drink on the way home.
Old 15-06-2018, 05:58 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
First run of the year on Tuesday, still a bit sore now!

Have a running partner and am doing the old couch to 5k
Old 15-06-2018, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Bridge House is always slow. Dulwich Runners headed up to the Westow House.

Hope you all had good runs.