Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Other Sport » World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 03-12-2018, 10:14 PM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanH View Post
I thought that the judges had to score each round after each round had finished and show their scoring to an independent adjudicator?
They do. And i only know because I heard Steve Bunce explaining the process of scoring very clearly.

Hearing his explanation makes it an even more bizarre decision. watched the whole fight again last night with a more measured eye. He was robbed.
Old 04-12-2018, 07:02 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebyeeckeagle View Post
Id heard from a moderately placed guy, that he wasn't trusted to manage his own affairs the last few years. Hopefully not the old tale of being ripped off by those close to you.
Why do Boxers so frequently end up in this situation?
Old 04-12-2018, 10:59 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by foresthillbilly View Post
After all the media post-fight hype, I find myself taking a step back.
The 'fight' was poor, in my opinion. Lots of posing and swinging, but not a lot of merit

This was one of the most blandest and mediocre fights I have seen, in many a year.

on TV, I've seen Ali, Foreman, Spinks, Bruno, (mike)Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis,...and any of them would have been embarrassed at the 'fight'.

I would not suggest it was rigged. But the whole episode was a massive blemish on boxing history.
There might be a lot of hyperbole but I cannot agree with this at all. I thought it was a very decent fight indeed. If that was the most bland and mediocre fight you have have seen in many years. You cannot watch that many fights. I have seen several this year that were nowhere near as entertaining.

Fury boxed beautifully and Wilder was clearly dangerous throughout. Fury provided the impressive boxing and wilder provided the jeopardy to make sure the shut out never felt inevitable.

Blemish on boxing history? That's simply nonsense.

This crop are never going to live up to the golden era you mention. I would genuinely suggest not tuning in if you are hoping it will. However the division is as interesting and entertaining as it's been in nearly 20 years. Despite it's lack of true quality and depth I would sooner watch the heavyweights we have now than watch the likes of frampton and warrington. I appreciate that is not the purists view but ultimately if you remove the jeopardy and the personality. It's just one midget i don't care about, out pointing another.

Last edited by scro; 04-12-2018 at 11:12 AM.
Old 04-12-2018, 11:06 AM
Big Member

ebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is hereebyeeckeagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by scro View Post
....Fury boxed beautifully and Wilder was clearly dangerous throughout. Fury provided the impressive boxing and wilder provided the jeopardy to make sure the shut out never felt inevitable.

Blemish on boxing history? That's simply nonsense.

This crop are never going to live up to the golden era you mention. I would genuinely suggest not tuning in if you are hoping it will. However the division is as interesting and entertaining as it's been in nearly 20 years.
As i say, i watched it through a second time and thought it was a truly engrossing match up - different styles, great technique from Fury, heart and plenty of punches. What wasn't to like?

And I find it amusing to include Bruno in that list (as good as he was). Pretty certain Lewis, Tyson and Holyfield have all expressed how good they thought it was.
Old 04-12-2018, 11:10 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
Why do Boxers so frequently end up in this situation?
I suspect it has something to do with them being paid in lump sums. As well as having long periods of inactivity. Add to this they generally come from poor backgrounds and often aren't lucky enough to have good advise around them.

In fairness it seems quite common in lots of sportsmen. You hear about the ones that blow it disproportionately as well.
Old 04-12-2018, 11:18 AM
Turning Against This Land

Newts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I enjoyed it.

As Scro said, skill v jeopardy, it is a mix that breeds excitement for the audience.

Would a mike Tyson in his prime beat them both, yes of course, would a lewis in his pomp, yes by a mile. However the heavyweight division has been dead for years now, suddenly there is competition (albeit not at the highest ever level) which makes it interesting and knowing that they could all knock each other out in a blink of an eye (except maybe Fury) cements the interest in the division.

The fights between the 3 main men will be huge and rightly so.
Old 04-12-2018, 04:03 PM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Quote:
After all the media post-fight hype, I find myself taking a step back.
The 'fight' was poor, in my opinion. Lots of posing and swinging, but not a lot of merit

This was one of the most blandest and mediocre fights I have seen, in many a year.

on TV, I've seen Ali, Foreman, Spinks, Bruno, (mike)Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis,...and any of them would have been embarrassed at the 'fight'.

I would not suggest it was rigged. But the whole episode was a massive blemish on boxing history.
What a complete load of bollocks.
Old 04-12-2018, 04:13 PM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF View Post
What a complete load of bollocks.
Get off the fence mate

Old 04-12-2018, 05:34 PM

Icy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
You can't blatantly rig a boxing match like that. Not with soooo much money at stake,...shhhurely £££££££££. ?
Well the judges (and referees) purses, accommodation and expenses are paid by the lead promoter so fixing is not beyond the realms of fiction. Whilst the boxers clearly weren't involved in fixing the draw was a little delusional.

There's a good article here for anyone interested:
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 05-12-2018, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
Well the judges (and referees) purses, accommodation and expenses are paid by the lead promoter so fixing is not beyond the realms of fiction. Whilst the boxers clearly weren't involved in fixing the draw was a little delusional.

There's a good article here for anyone interested:
To view the link you have to Register or Login
I read the start of that and i am sure like with anything there is room for corruption. Clearly the sanctioning body should provide the judges without any interference from promoters. The stuff about who pay's them is a little misleading though. In part because of course the money originates from the home promoter. It's no good brushing over this part:

"For appearances sake, the promoter hands the check over to the commission, who then delivers it to the judges."

That is a key point still! They are not paid by the promoter.

There may well be issues of biased "home" judging. I also think the sport needs to consider whether technology and verified stats could be used more effectively rather than subjective judging (or perhaps alongside it).

I think Fury claiming he is a "fighting man" then belly aching about a points decision having spent two rounds on his arse and having never really hurt his opponent is a little rich. I agree with him he won.. but ultimately that would be a winning loss for wilder if ever there was such a thing (when considering "the fight").
Old 06-12-2018, 08:39 AM

Icy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietIcy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
"For appearances sake, the promoter hands the check over to the commission, who then delivers it to the judges."

That is a key point still! They are not paid by the promoter.
I'm not sure this changes it much to be honest. I'm paid via a payroll company but i still know who really pays the bills. Coupled with the fact that the 'home' promoting team also picks the judges it's no wonder there are so many suspect decisions.

The Fury fight not being anywhere near one of the worst mind.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
I'm not sure this changes it much to be honest. I'm paid via a payroll company but i still know who really pays the bills. Coupled with the fact that the 'home' promoting team also picks the judges it's no wonder there are so many suspect decisions.

The Fury fight not being anywhere near one of the worst mind.
Surely the money paid to the sanctioning body covers all kinds of stuff as well as the wages of the judges. How else would you expect the sanctioning body to get the money if not from the promoter? The promoter also effectively pays both boxers because the event generates the pot from which everyone is paid.

The vast majority of the pot comes from the TV companies. So are we concerned that sky/HBO/Showtime etc. are actually influencing decisions? I just don't think the judges are paid from the revenue generated and therefore via the promoter is in itself concerning. The fact the payment goes through the sanctioning body is key. Because it clearly regulates the amounts and prevents the judge from having to come into contact with the promoter at all (albeit i accept they may still do so).

I do think the judges should be assigned by the sanctioning body and the fighters and promoters should have no say. I don't agree that because they are paid out of the money generated from the event that they are easily corruptible though. If you have judges that are prepared to be kind for the sake of work and expenses in the future this would be solved overnight by doing it this way. Albeit you clearly have a limited list of sanctioned judges to choose from.

Last edited by scro; 06-12-2018 at 08:57 AM.
Old 06-12-2018, 10:21 AM

Palace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Surely the money paid to the sanctioning body covers all kinds of stuff as well as the wages of the judges. How else would you expect the sanctioning body to get the money if not from the promoter? The promoter also effectively pays both boxers because the event generates the pot from which everyone is paid.

The vast majority of the pot comes from the TV companies. So are we concerned that sky/HBO/Showtime etc. are actually influencing decisions? I just don't think the judges are paid from the revenue generated and therefore via the promoter is in itself concerning. The fact the payment goes through the sanctioning body is key. Because it clearly regulates the amounts and prevents the judge from having to come into contact with the promoter at all (albeit i accept they may still do so).

I do think the judges should be assigned by the sanctioning body and the fighters and promoters should have no say. I don't agree that because they are paid out of the money generated from the event that they are easily corruptible though. If you have judges that are prepared to be kind for the sake of work and expenses in the future this would be solved overnight by doing it this way. Albeit you clearly have a limited list of sanctioned judges to choose from.
The main issue here is that the promotors get to handpick which judges they use. This should be selected by the sanctioning body and not disclosed to ensure they can't be bribed. On top of this, the judges that are picked know that if they piss off the promotor by not favouring their fighter, they're likely to be out of work for a while.
Old 06-12-2018, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace121 View Post
The main issue here is that the promotors get to handpick which judges they use. This should be selected by the sanctioning body and not disclosed to ensure they can't be bribed. On top of this, the judges that are picked know that if they piss off the promotor by not favouring their fighter, they're likely to be out of work for a while.
Agree but you would hope in becoming an approved judge for whatever sanctioning body your integrity would have been a factor. They should remove the doubt though and just have the WBC in this case choosing the judges.

You can of course appeal a decision at which point the wbc will review it. I wonder why the fury team hasn't asked for this?
Old 06-12-2018, 08:07 PM

GJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGJN came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Because controversy creates cash.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:57 AM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
2️⃣ Tyson Fury has been upgraded to #2 in the Ring Magazine heavyweight rankings - ahead of Deontay Wilder (#3) and behind only Anthony Joshua (#1) - due to the fact every member of their ratings panel felt he beat Wilder last Saturday.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:08 AM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Ortiz has accepted the call our from Joyce. Lets hope it gets made: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 07-12-2018, 11:40 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
A few bits and pieces this weekend

Top 5 P4P Loma is having a unification fight

British raised Ghanian Isaac Dogboe defends his strap

Kell Brook has a tickover fight
Old 08-12-2018, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoreditch CPFC View Post
2️⃣ Tyson Fury has been upgraded to #2 in the Ring Magazine heavyweight rankings - ahead of Deontay Wilder (#3) and behind only Anthony Joshua (#1) - due to the fact every member of their ratings panel felt he beat Wilder last Saturday.
I’ve subsequently watched the fight again and only a blind person could think anything other than that. In reality it’s testament to how poor wilder was in reality. His post fight technical points are hilarious. I used to like listening to b-hop talk technical intricacies but after he had implemented them and negated an opponents younger years and strength. Wilder just sounds like a bloke that knows he lost 9 rounds comfortably.
Old 08-12-2018, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gold76 View Post
A few bits and pieces this weekend

Top 5 P4P Loma is having a unification fight

British raised Ghanian Isaac Dogboe defends his strap

Kell Brook has a tickover fight
With khan clearly desperate to avoid brook. Brook is a man with a career with no direction.