Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 06-10-2018, 10:57 PM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Things You Miss About Selhurst/Fort Neef..

...Bang 'ole etc; since you moved away.
If you ever did indeed.

For me it will always be Melfort Road Fish Bar.
Best fish and chips you could ever have.

Your turn.
Old 07-10-2018, 02:45 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Just being able to go to the Palace really.

I was born and lived in Thornton Heath (the Pond end) for nearly 30 years but can’t for the life of me think of anything else I miss. Good friends and family have long since moved...

When I pass through on the odd occasion it feels very odd. Even though it kind of looks like the place I remember it’s like it’s some cheaply made replica. I don’t have any sentimental connection to the place whatsoever other than when I go to Selhurst Park.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 07-10-2018, 02:55 AM

Coastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is hereCoastal Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbs11 View Post
Just being able to go to the Palace really.

I was born and lived in Thornton Heath (the Pond end) for nearly 30 years but can’t for the life of me think of anything else I miss. Good friends and family have long since moved...

When I pass through on the odd occasion it feels very odd. Even though it kind of looks like the place I remember it’s like it’s some cheaply made replica. I don’t have any sentimental connection to the place whatsoever other than when I go to Selhurst Park.
Spot on.
Pulis's first home game in charge for us was v West Ham I think. Early December and an evening game.
Me and the boy were well early getting there so to kill time I drove us to my 2nd ever home after bang 'ole - Melfort Road.
I stopped outside to show him our old house but it seemed so small to me.
We then drove around to fort neef rec and that wasn't as big as I remembered it either.

Melfort Road fish bar was as good as ever though.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:15 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
My main park as a kid was Mayfield Park just by Croydon Athletic’s stadium. Shi*ty little park really but to me and my mates having a kick about, it felt like Wembley. I did train at the Rec for a couple of years when I played for a Sunday league junior side called Alpha - Dean Gordon played for them in his pre teenage years.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 07-10-2018, 06:09 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Nothing. I was 3 when I moved away and don’t remember living there at all.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:10 AM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
Lived on Northwood rd for a couple of years,liked going up to the spa with the kids in the beer garden in the summer then down to the bottom,pub on the corner for buffs...Yep close to the Palace.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:45 AM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Crack whores.

Ok only on match days as I only moved away from Old Coulsdon and East Grinstead, but I suppose in Thailand there are plenty on ice and ya bah whores.
Old 07-10-2018, 07:46 AM

thefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is herethefox Sam the man is here
Baldy.
Old 07-10-2018, 02:21 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Not many pubs left although the Jamaica Experience on the corner looks a good restaurant.
Old 07-10-2018, 02:22 PM
Why you being like this

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here
The atmosphere
Horrible day. Don't even know why I went, after the home game 'experience.' Will not visit SE25 again. With others as a 'guest' in their antiquated main stand. Constant abuse, intimidating each time we scored. Never been so pleased to lose.
Old 07-10-2018, 06:27 PM
Man of the weld

Pat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Prince of Wales (probably changed a lot) and Melfort road fish and chips.
Old 08-10-2018, 12:18 PM
Supporting CPFC 2010

Big-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Prince of wales is flats now i think
Old 08-10-2018, 12:55 PM

Littlecaesar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLittlecaesar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLittlecaesar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLittlecaesar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLittlecaesar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLittlecaesar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLittlecaesar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLittlecaesar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLittlecaesar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLittlecaesar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLittlecaesar : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I used to live on Ross Road so could see the ground from my bedroom window, I remember as a kid trying not to go to sleep until the flood lights had gone off on evening games. Problem is that kind of nostalgia masks the awful parking and dickhead away fans on match days.

Rest of the list would be:

Family
Grange Park
George's Barbers on Beulah Road
Melfort Fish & Chips
& Emek Kebab - Because trying to get a good kebab in Nottingham is near impossible.
Old 08-10-2018, 12:58 PM

wrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwrightchipvcfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Faggot shop in high st
Old 08-10-2018, 12:58 PM
Man of the weld

Pat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Griff View Post
Prince of wales is flats now i think
Old 08-10-2018, 04:43 PM

lofty3rgj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelofty3rgj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelofty3rgj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelofty3rgj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelofty3rgj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelofty3rgj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelofty3rgj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelofty3rgj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelofty3rgj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelofty3rgj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelofty3rgj : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Wimpy is now shut on the High Street...

Last edited by lofty3rgj; 08-10-2018 at 04:45 PM.
Old 08-10-2018, 04:54 PM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by lofty3rgj View Post
Wimpy is now shut on the High Street...
Woman in shoezone said their rent had gone up to 800 per week, and it was never even all that busy

I did notice on Saturday that the flats above the shops opposite what was Fast Eddies café (ie continuing on from the Price George) have had a pastel paint job along the long terrace. Looked very nice. Shame that the shops underneath have such garish signage and shopfronts. Lipstick on a pig TBH
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 10-10-2018, 01:05 AM

big bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbig bad John came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
the 3 pubs at the Pond. All of them different with their own personality. But best of all, all of them full of barroom characters.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big bad John View Post
the 3 pubs at the Pond. All of them different with their own personality. But best of all, all of them full of barroom characters.
Yes, totally.

Are they all still there? I heard the Horseshoe had or is being closed down.

- John Peel
Old 10-10-2018, 08:51 AM

Harry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Bassett came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Spent hours over the Rec all day and every day as a kid. Never expected to hear " Bang Ole" on the BBS . The pond when I was a kid was exactly that not some horticultural make over.

When you move away you take your memories with you but I would never want to go back.