Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: Is Steve Bruce staying or going?
He's off 100 50.00%
Good riddance 100 50.00%
Voters: 200. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2001, 07:32 PM
On the Tory right !

Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by selhurstparkflyer
I would guess that the 'notice period' is either 3 or 6 months. However, SJ said that SB is under obligation to honour his contract much like CP would be if we were to sack him. That would indicate that SB's notice period would be the length of his contract (whatever that is)??..That would be fun
Of course Mr Jordan will NOT insist on Mr Bruce working his notice period.
The issue of notice is being used as a negotiating tool with regard to obtaining compensation from Birmingham.

It would be pure farce for Mr Bruce to be still on the books but NOT the manager for a few months whilst caretaker managers are in situ.

From our perspective, the sooner that Mr Bruce leaves and a new manager is appointed the better.
Old 03-11-2001, 07:34 PM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Adrian wrote:
Quote:
........... If, after six weeks, Stevie K has lost every game then at least we will all (including Kember and Jordan) feel that that route has been tried.... I think that represents a no-lose situation.
Run that past me again ...

How exactly could losing six games represent a no-lose situation?
Old 03-11-2001, 07:38 PM
On the Tory right !

Trolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineTrolley : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by James
Adrian wrote:

Run that past me again ...

How exactly could losing six games represent a no-lose situation?
James,

That's precisely what I was thinking !
Old 03-11-2001, 07:48 PM

PhillyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhillyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhillyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhillyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhillyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhillyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhillyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhillyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhillyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhillyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePhillyEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
What he said was: He revels in the discomfort of Palace fans losing their manager, but doesn't understand why Bruce swapped Palace for Birmingham.

I like his writing: it's clever and amusing.
Old 03-11-2001, 08:02 PM
When Geoff Goes Up...

Palace Don has got sunshine in a bagPalace Don has got sunshine in a bagPalace Don has got sunshine in a bagPalace Don has got sunshine in a bagPalace Don has got sunshine in a bagPalace Don has got sunshine in a bagPalace Don has got sunshine in a bagPalace Don has got sunshine in a bagPalace Don has got sunshine in a bagPalace Don has got sunshine in a bagPalace Don has got sunshine in a bag
Quote:
Originally posted by PhillyEagle
What he said was: He revels in the discomfort of Palace fans losing their manager, but doesn't understand why Bruce swapped Palace for Birmingham.

I like his writing: it's clever and amusing.
Also a very good piece by Jimmy Greaves of all people in the Current saying that he thought that Bruce was basically mad to go to Birmingham and the whole scenario will open up a can of worms in light of the possible future Player strikes.

Stockport (A) Year 2001
Old 03-11-2001, 08:24 PM

uppernorwood'sno1 is playing for a contract
Bruce is quite clearly a p-rick. Can't wait till he stuffs up at Birmingham. They're not a bigger club and I can't see them in the Premiership in the next three years. If not this year, we'll be up next year as long as we have a stable manager not a unloyal ****** like Bruce!!
Old 03-11-2001, 10:14 PM

Rob Fox knows where the wild roses growRob Fox knows where the wild roses growRob Fox knows where the wild roses growRob Fox knows where the wild roses growRob Fox knows where the wild roses growRob Fox knows where the wild roses growRob Fox knows where the wild roses growRob Fox knows where the wild roses growRob Fox knows where the wild roses growRob Fox knows where the wild roses growRob Fox knows where the wild roses grow
Simon Jordan on BBC London Tomorrow

For those that didn't hear it, SJ is a guest on Tom Watts show tomorrow.

'...Come On You EAGLES!!!!'

'Optimist Of The Year' Nominated by
Steve Stammers (Sunday Mirror)

http://www.robfox.info
Old 03-11-2001, 10:27 PM
Erect Member

NO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Cheers Rob i did here it and hopefully i'll be on giving him my opinions!
Old 03-11-2001, 10:30 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
crap I am working ,anyone able to tape it (James ?) and put it up on the BBS ?
Old 03-11-2001, 10:31 PM
♥ Mile

zonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietzonin2000 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
94.9?

at what time?
It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched tv. But then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?
Old 03-11-2001, 10:32 PM
Erect Member

NO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNO1FAN : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
3pm - 6pm
Old 03-11-2001, 10:32 PM
On the Tory right !

Quote:
Originally posted by NO1FAN
Cheers Rob i did here it and hopefully i'll be on giving him my opinions!
I Have NOT listened to this programme on the wireless.
Could some kind soul inform me as to when it is broadcast please.

From the above post, it would appear that one has an opportunity to speak to the guest in question - I might just take the trouble to do so and then you will all be able to hear my dulcet tones !
Old 03-11-2001, 10:35 PM

wighteagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewighteagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewighteagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewighteagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewighteagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewighteagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewighteagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewighteagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewighteagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewighteagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewighteagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Is it possible to get it on the web? If so, could anyone give us a link? That would be very handy for all exiled eagles who can't get the radio station. I'd hate to miss it!!
Old 03-11-2001, 10:36 PM
Erect Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Trolley

I Have NOT listened to this programme on the wireless.
Could some kind soul inform me as to when it is broadcast please.

From the above post, it would appear that one has an opportunity to speak to the guest in question - I might just take the trouble to do so and then you will all be able to hear my dulcet tones !
LOL as you might of seen Trolley it's on between 3-6 and they will be taking calls
Old 03-11-2001, 10:39 PM
On the Tory right !

Quote:
Originally posted by NO1FAN

LOL as you might of seen Trolley it's on between 3-6 and they will be taking calls
Thank You very much kind Sir.

If I do contact the Programme and I am fortunate enough to speak to Mr Jordan, I will of course appear under my real name, but I am quite certain that you will recognise TROLLEY !
Old 04-11-2001, 01:57 AM
Rhymin & Stealin

nookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadowsnookiebear is no longer afraid of the dark or midday shadows
Quote:
Originally posted by pete eagle

Also David Gold was on there talking about SJ going to the media, and i could not believe the cheek of it, with BCFC blatantly using the media over the last few weeks to build up speculation, they fueled the speculation fire when it died down again and i have got absolutely no doubts that Gold/Sullivan (especially)/and Brady were behind this
I was gobsmaked when Gold said that, and shows the arrogance of BCFC in all this. They really just assumed they could come in, take our manager and we'd bend over, drop our trousers and take a right royal screwing and be grateful for it.

Jordan's reply of 'I don't care what they think' was class, though.

They've obviously told every reporter in the country they want Bruce and then accuse Jordan of running to the press.
Old 04-11-2001, 02:04 AM
Songs For The Road

pete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Ollie
Quote:
Originally posted by nookiebear

I was gobsmaked when Gold said that, and shows the arrogance of BCFC in all this. They really just assumed they could come in, take our manager and we'd bend over, drop our trousers and take a right royal screwing and be grateful for it.

Jordan's reply of 'I don't care what they think' was class, though.

They've obviously told every reporter in the country they want Bruce and then accuse Jordan of running to the press.
Just arrogant to$$ers who think they are better

At least we can win in the play-offs
Old 04-11-2001, 10:41 PM

pedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minepedro : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
What happens if Bruce decides to retract his resignation ? He obviously cannot come back now but would he not put SJ in a position. If he does not accept the retraction then we will still be in the same mess, if not even more confusing ie he resigns but the Chairman will not accept it so he retracts the resignation and the Chairman wont accept that either. Try working that one out, it will be complete bedlam. Confused ? You will be !
Old 04-11-2001, 10:46 PM
Songs For The Road

pete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Olliepete eagle belongs to Ollie
he can't retract the resignation as Jordan would say no and then he would leave
Old 04-11-2001, 10:52 PM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Thread Split - please use Part II

Please use Part II of this thread. Part One closed.
Closed Thread