Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 14-03-2008, 02:26 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
oh good, it's another 'my dad is bigger than your dad' thread............
Old 14-03-2008, 03:10 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by James
I understand why SW16girl has been defensive. She posted a potted summary (which she never claimed to be complete - or tell the whole story) and she receives some harsh criticism for her troubles.
That'a a neat bit of spin James. There was no harsh critisism, just a point made by Justin to make BBSers away that the summary was very basic. SW probably did mean it to be a summary taken as fact, otherwise she would not have got quite as defensive about it.
Old 14-03-2008, 03:56 PM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by kolinkins
That'a a neat bit of spin James. There was no harsh critisism, just a point made by Justin to make BBSers away that the summary was very basic. SW probably did mean it to be a summary taken as fact, otherwise she would not have got quite as defensive about it.
I thought that was harsh. Not harsh in the sense of being nasty - but I felt it was unfair (for the reasons explained in my post).

I am sure that Lesley did intend it to be taken as fact (it was factual), but not complete. It would have sounded a bit lawyerly to have qualified the summary with words such as this:

" .. this is a brief summary of some of the most pertinent facts. It should not be taken as a complete or even a comprehensive explanation. The summary is provided in good faith, and is believed to be accurate, but this is not guaranteed and no responsibility is taken for any errors or material omissions."

.. but I am sure that sort of thing was implied.
Old 14-03-2008, 04:13 PM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
This is all a bit daft - I tried to help out with the answer to a reqest for information by setting out the important and salient details of the case to date. Clearly it is not the whole story (for that people would have to read both judgements and all the commentary) but again it was intended to only include absolutely confirmed information and no speculation or suppositon other than at the very end where stated.

For reasons which I am unable to fathom both Justin and Maz (and then Kolinks) seem to be unhappy with it. However none of them have actually added anything at all. I would invite them to add anything else that they think is relevent or important that they think would add to the thread.

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis
Old 14-03-2008, 04:16 PM

kolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is herekolinkins Sam the man is here
FTR, it was a good summary, and I don't have a problem with it. I just felt Justin wasnt being harsh or anything of the sort
Old 14-03-2008, 04:20 PM
A Fish without a Bike

sw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is heresw16girl Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by kolinkins
FTR, it was a good summary, and I don't have a problem with it. I just felt Justin wasnt being harsh or anything of the sort
Knowing what you do I definitely take that as a compliment. Thanks

A Trust is for life not just for Crisis
Old 14-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
I'm with Klinx.

God knows therefore why SW16 accused me of conspiracy theories.

I suggest people actually read threads before they comment on them. JAT.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 14-03-2008, 07:21 PM

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Excellent - so we are all friends again.

In summary:

SW16girl produced a fair and accurate summary
It is accepted that the summary was necessarily incomplete
Maz and Klinks agree
Maz is upset because he feels that he has been unfairly accused of something somewhere in this thread - perhaps a conspiracy of some kind
There was no conspiracy
Anyone commenting further should take the trouble to read the thread (especially Maz's posts) before posting.

This is a brief summary of some of the most pertinent parts of the last couple of pages. It should not be taken as a complete or even a comprehensive explanation. The summary is provided in good faith, and is believed to be accurate, but this is not guaranteed and no responsibility is taken for any errors or material omissions.
Old 15-03-2008, 08:25 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Not as straightforward as that.
Old 15-03-2008, 10:39 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Excellent James.

Now perhaps you should fly out to the Middle East : they need your talents there.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 15-03-2008, 10:45 AM
Wasn't me

Oisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is hereOisin Sam the man is here
Yes, there's a grave shortage of commercial property lawyers in Gaza at the moment.
Old 15-03-2008, 12:02 PM

I am on my way.
Old 15-03-2008, 12:11 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Any threats of bans?

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign
Old 07-04-2008, 08:43 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Final settlement reached

In case any subscribers to this thread have missed it, the case has been settled out of court. Discussion on To view the link you have to Register or Login thread.