Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 12-02-2010, 05:03 PM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Warnock in talks with QPR, Southgate / Coppell to replace - rumour

OK - well most of you will know that there have been several threads today discussing a rumour that our manager will shortly be off to QPR.

The threads were removed because they all descended into a discussion over the identity of the thread starter - and because a number of the posts were borderline (at least) defamatory. Asking people nicely to avoid accusing individuals of bad faith obviously didn't work.

The threads haven't been deleted. They are in the Moderators' forum, where we are picking through them to see what can be rescued. The threads - or parts of them - may be brought back with the nasty stuff removed, if we can find the time to clean them up.

In the meantime, this thread is - I hope - to discuss the rumour itself. The rumour does seem to have legs. I have been told that there are people closely connected with the Club and the Administrator who have confirmed it. That's not to say that Warnock will be off imminently. I still believe that he has too much good sense than to choose QPR as his final managerial post.

Please do not let this thread go the way of the others.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:06 PM
Bollox to Bloody Bolton

Sussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
If threatening to ban anybody who doesn't do as they're told in large type is asking nicely, I'd love to see you get nasty Jimbo.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:07 PM
Ledley's beard.

SpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSpikeyMatt came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Dear Neil,

Don't go, I love you.

Fondest regards.

WIIIILF, WIIIILF WILL TEAR YOU APART...AGAIN!
Old 12-02-2010, 05:10 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
I've missed all the fun.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:10 PM
Dr. Lucien Sanchez

<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine<_tece_> : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I heard Attilio Lombardo played football with one of these on:

Where does this rate on the defamation scale?
Old 12-02-2010, 05:11 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sussex Eagle
If threatening to ban anybody who doesn't do as they're told in large type is asking nicely, I'd love to see you get nasty Jimbo.
To be fair to Jimbo he did actually ask nicely and was basically ignored. It was only then that he posted in large type, ending with "Do not post unsubstantiated accusations about any individual or organisation on the BBS. Anyone ignoring this reasonable request will face an immediate ban."

Quite restrained really under the circumstances.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:11 PM
Seeking a permanent post

patch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Olliepatch belongs to Ollie
i'm good on FIFA 10 - shall I offer myself up to QPR?
Old 12-02-2010, 05:12 PM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is herestamford triumph Sam the man is here
I guess he would only be interested if the rumours are true that the current clowns running their club are about to be overthrown and he knew the new owners were serious and were willing to invest. Lots of inter-dependent rumours required to fall into line so probably unlikely (unless the rumours about QPR's new owners were also started by old whatsisface).
Old 12-02-2010, 05:18 PM
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
OK - well most of you will know that there have been several threads today discussing a rumour that our manager will shortly be off to QPR.

The threads were removed because they all descended into a discussion over the identity of the thread starter - and because a number of the posts were borderline (at least) defamatory. Asking people nicely to avoid accusing individuals of bad faith obviously didn't work.

The threads haven't been deleted. They are in the Moderators' forum, where we are picking through them to see what can be rescued. The threads - or parts of them - may be brought back with the nasty stuff removed, if we can find the time to clean them up.

In the meantime, this thread is - I hope - to discuss the rumour itself. The rumour does seem to have legs. I have been told that there are people closely connected with the Club and the Administrator who have confirmed it. That's not to say that Warnock will be off imminently. I still believe that he has too much good sense than to choose QPR as his final managerial post.

Please do not let this thread go the way of the others.

What happened to free speech?
Old 12-02-2010, 05:18 PM

Bobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by patch
i'm good on FIFA 10 - shall I offer myself up to QPR?
There will probably be a slot for you in the second week of September.

Quote:
To be fair when you give the ball away like we did it was an accident waiting to happen, it was almost like Dr Who for me when I was a kid but no sofa to hide behind so I had my face in my hands for all of the 2nd half.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:19 PM

The Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineThe Gerry Queen : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Warnock will see his squad through to safety this season. I think he had a years extension to his contract so he could stay after that. On the other hand a new owner may have other ideas. However it is unthinkable that he would leave this squad in the lurch in mid administration whatever the authenticity of the original poster's allegedly reliable contacts.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:19 PM
I heard you say..hey hey!

blazey_cpfc is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsblazey_cpfc is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsblazey_cpfc is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsblazey_cpfc is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsblazey_cpfc is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsblazey_cpfc is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsblazey_cpfc is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsblazey_cpfc is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsblazey_cpfc is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsblazey_cpfc is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdriftsblazey_cpfc is ice and dust, is sky; can see horses wading through snowdrifts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle
I've missed all the fun.
So did I.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:20 PM
Dis-Member

Blind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is hereBlind_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by waddoneagle
What happened to the BBS rules?

Bobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBobby Woodruff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I'm sure if you want to set up a message board you can use it to slander or libel anyone you like.

And take the consequences.

Quote:
To be fair when you give the ball away like we did it was an accident waiting to happen, it was almost like Dr Who for me when I was a kid but no sofa to hide behind so I had my face in my hands for all of the 2nd half.
Palace/Panionios

waddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is herewaddoneagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle
I've missed all the fun.
Fun on the BBS
Old 12-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Palace/Panionios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Woodruff
I'm sure if you want to set up a message board you can use it to slander or libel anyone you like.

And take the consequences.
Didn't see to much slander, just someone who was proven to tell a fib or two
Old 12-02-2010, 05:22 PM
Bollox to Bloody Bolton

Sussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind_Eagle
To be fair to Jimbo he did actually ask nicely and was basically ignored. It was only then that he posted in large type, ending with "Do not post unsubstantiated accusations about any individual or organisation on the BBS. Anyone ignoring this reasonable request will face an immediate ban."

Quite restrained really under the circumstances.
Funny how it was Jimbo who first confirmed that **** ******** was BobDay, and seemed happy for us all to have our fun regarding him until after he had a nice cosy chat (details of which are light on the ground) with said insolvency practitioner.

Suddenly we were all being very naughty for ignoring the threats of legal action, like every mod seemed to have for at least an hour or two.
Old 12-02-2010, 05:23 PM

Quote:
It would only be proven if it went to court, and I don't think the BBS could afford to defend a libel action.

Quote:
Old 12-02-2010, 05:25 PM
South London VfB

Neil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNeil the Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
It's not just the person that posts defamatory comments that might be in shit, the distributor has responsibilities, too.

'Bono ain't the new messiah
Michael Jackson is a liar'
Old 12-02-2010, 05:26 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Definitely - since initially he denied being the thread-starter in print - a proven fibber.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ