Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Football

Notices

World of Football All non Palace football talk - includes latest scores on Internationals and matches that affect palace.

Old 19-09-2014, 01:32 PM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arron View Post
Even to the detriment of the club?
I know what you're saying but finishing 11th in the League clearly doesn't do us any harm.
Old 19-09-2014, 03:26 PM
Otis McOtis

Thanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThanet Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wondeful action shots of TP on his bicycle. In other ground breaking revelations from the Daily Fail article he makes a damn strong cup of coffee. Insightful.

Hot summer's day and sticky black tarmac, feeding ducks in the park and wishing you were far away -
Paul Weller
Old 19-09-2014, 03:34 PM

maestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Even to the detriment of the club?
Give him a good budget but give him free reign on it

Giving him 25m to spend would have basically guaranteed survival anyway.

We may go down now and be 60m a season worse off

http://www.gurkhajustice.org.uk/
Old 19-09-2014, 03:38 PM
Nothing to see here.

Arron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro View Post
Give him a good budget but give him free reign on it

Giving him 25m to spend would have basically guaranteed survival anyway.

We may go down now and be 60m a season worse off
If the rumours about the type of players he wanted are true (I'm not saying they are by the way, just using it as an argument) then 25m wouldn't go very far and we'd have been left with ageing players on fat wages if it all went tits up. Managers tend not to worry about such things, so it's owners that have to.
Old 19-09-2014, 03:42 PM
Nothing to see here.

Arron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is hereArron Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfc4evandeva View Post
I know what you're saying but finishing 11th in the League clearly doesn't do us any harm.
Well quite, but there was no guarantee that we wouldn't go down this season even if Pulis had stayed. No such thing as a certainty in football.
Old 19-09-2014, 03:42 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
'I will go and watch them in the next month. I did it with Stoke. Nobody knew I was there. I just bought a ticket and stood among the fans.’

Good luck with that one, Tony....
Old 19-09-2014, 03:43 PM

maestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmaestro came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
If the rumours about the type of players he wanted are true (I'm not saying they are by the way, just using it as an argument) then 25m wouldn't go very far and we'd have been left with ageing players on fat wages if it all went tits up. Managers tend not to worry about such things, so it's owners that have to.
Imo worth giving him a season to bring his only choice of players in.

Old 19-09-2014, 03:58 PM
Slightly Unstable

Location: A spherical nickel-iron alloy in the middle of a nothingness of unknown quantity
Santos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Neil_Warnock View Post
The market is 'Next Premier League manager to leave post' so it covers all bases. I assume it's quite a regular occurrence considering there was a similar situation when Dougie left with him being odds on for the Bolton job.
What a sickening piece of PR bullshit. I'm only surprised there was no mention of him flying to Liberia to help with the Ebola crisis or saving puppies from burning houses.
Old 19-09-2014, 04:08 PM
Class Warrior

Dom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDom the Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
'I will go and watch them in the next month. I did it with Stoke. Nobody knew I was there. I just bought a ticket and stood among the fans.

Pretty sure he'll be very well received by anyone who recognizes him. Did a fantastic job here.
Old 19-09-2014, 04:51 PM
Nothing to see here.

Quote:
Imo worth giving him a season to bring his only choice of players in.
And if it did go pear-shaped and we went down, what then?
Old 19-09-2014, 05:04 PM

CharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is hereCharlieCPFC Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stellavista View Post
'I will go and watch them in the next month. I did it with Stoke. Nobody knew I was there. I just bought a ticket and stood among the fans.

If he turns up next to me he would get nothing but full respect and a handshake.

Clinton Morrison.
Old 19-09-2014, 05:28 PM

Quote:
And if it did go pear-shaped and we went down, what then?
I think it was worth a calculated gamble with the calibre of manager we had, if the premier league manager of the year isnt backed, who will be? this summer was our chance to establish ourselfs as a premier league club.

Old 19-09-2014, 05:34 PM
EAGLES

Billyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is hereBillyd Sam the man is here
Quote:
What ive been saying all along, him and Parish never got on from the start.

I really think after our great run of form Parish should have mellowed and let Pulis get on with it.

In the future I think this will be looked at as one of the biggest mistake in the clubs history.
No no no no, he left coz he was going to West Ham...no no I mean Newcastle...no no he left coz we were signing Crouch for 35m and paying him 300k a week
Old 19-09-2014, 05:45 PM
Banned again

SBB13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSBB13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSBB13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSBB13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSBB13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSBB13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSBB13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSBB13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSBB13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSBB13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSBB13 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Pulis saying he and Parish were going in different directions.

It could mean that Pulis was trying to sign Stoke players while Parish wanted to sign any old Palace placer since the 1980's or it could mean that Parish was heading for the Championship while he heads off to Newcastle.
We will probably never know.
Old 19-09-2014, 05:58 PM
"reluctant buyers"

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billyd View Post
No no no no, he left coz he was going to West Ham...no no I mean Newcastle...no no he left coz we were signing Crouch for 35m and paying him 300k a week
Billy, please don't forgot he also wanted to sign Matthew Etherington for 10m and 200K a week tax free. It was on twitter and Ed Aarons said it so it so its gospel.

What did Tony Pulis ever do for us?
Old 19-09-2014, 06:07 PM
"reluctant buyers"

TheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is hereTheMexicanHorse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieCPFC View Post
If he turns up next to me he would get nothing but full respect and a handshake.
He should be paraded on the pitch. He will get a hero's return wherever he goes at Selhurst.

Gentleman. Tactician. Visionary.
Old 19-09-2014, 06:20 PM

Maiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMaiden Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMexicanHorse View Post
He should be paraded on the pitch. He will get a hero's return wherever he goes at Selhurst.

Gentleman. Tactician. Visionary.
Did a fantastic job for us last season, of that there is no doubt.

But walking out 2 days before the start of the season, does not qualify him as a Gentleman, in any way.
Old 19-09-2014, 06:29 PM
"reluctant buyers"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden Eagle View Post
Did a fantastic job for us last season, of that there is no doubt.

But walking out 2 days before the start of the season, does not qualify him as a Gentleman, in any way.
He could have stuck around collecting his pay packet, he is a man of dignity, he saw the big top of the circus being erected and he didn't want to have anything to do with it. He walked away from his rep fully intact.

No shame in that, even the biggest of CP fans would agree the Moody situation tainted this club at best, at worst? Shamed it.

He will get a good job soon, Newcastle most likely, whilst Moody will never work in football again.
Old 19-09-2014, 06:35 PM

FMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFMH57 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Interesting thread going on Holmesdale online saying it all related to Pulis's bonus . Nothing to do with transfer fees as both parties have stated.
Old 19-09-2014, 06:39 PM

ob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietob13 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
wow i've seen a few mentions on the bbs of how tony pulis uses "his friends in the press" but is the normal way to do an interview?turn up late at night and stay the night as a guest before interviewing over breakfast and a 2 hour cycle ride! sounds a bit over friendly and unprofessional to me?