Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 03-10-2014, 08:36 AM
YOU SAY THAT YOU LOVE ME

vegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietvegas78 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
It is true to say that without this man this club would be in a much different place at the moment. Nothing would keep me away from this game.

It's not only what he has done on the pitch for me though, the amount of stuff he does behind the scenes ( visiting sick children etc ) and his genuine love for this club make him a legend.

I remember the fanatics display for him, and he was visibly touched by it, I would donate good money for a two tiered display for that game.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:39 AM

alanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is herealanlee11 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas78 View Post
It is true to say that without this man this club would be in a much different place at the moment. Nothing would keep me away from this game.

It's not only what he has done on the pitch for me though, the amount of stuff he does behind the scenes ( visiting sick children etc ) and his genuine love for this club make him a legend.

I remember the fanatics display for him, and he was visibly touched by it, I would donate good money for a two tiered display for that game.
2 tier display for Jules before the end of the season would be ace. Also think a Jedinak tifo (on a smaller scale) would be cool.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:45 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Having been to Jim Cannon, Simon Rodger, Dougie Freedman and Steve Kembers, sadly, no matter how much of a legend they are, it seems 15,000 is about the highest that realistically can be achieved.

Unless you get a really mouthwatering opponent, cheap tickets and play it on a really good date, eg Chelsea or Man United the Saturday before the Premier League starts (which may not even be possible if such teams are in the Charity shield) then it's going to hard to get a full house. And the best teams often charge to appear. I don't envy the organisers one bit (but I'm sure they will do Julian great service)

I'd absolutely love him to get a full house, and I wouldn't miss it for the world even if we played Dundee on a Tuesday night, but sadly a lot of people who watch Palace each week in the Premier League are very hard to get along to games which cost additional to a season ticket.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 03-10-2014, 08:52 AM

Nelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is hereNelson Muntz Sam the man is here
He deserves a big team to visit Selhurst.
He practically kept us in the Championship single handedly for a few seasons.
Lets get a BIG club in to play.

Described by CPFC2010 as a Palace hero.

I will happily neg rep anybody who suggests the Whitehorse is made the away fans end.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:52 AM

ForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is hereForzaPalace Sam the man is here
River Plate
Old 03-10-2014, 08:59 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Celtic are looking for teams for next summer
Old 03-10-2014, 09:06 AM

DaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDaveTuttles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Reeeeeeeaaall Madwid
Old 03-10-2014, 10:01 AM

mcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmcmean came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTuttles View Post
Brighton and Hove Albion please
Replay of Simon Rodgers testimonial
Old 03-10-2014, 10:07 AM
Collecting Palace tat

Dorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is hereDorking .Eagle Sam the man is here
Simon Rodger had Spurs. And a crowd of 13k.
"Crystal Palace is cult viewing, like a late night TV show that only a few people know about, like a precious record that was never number one but makes everybody who knows it want to dance and sing… and sometimes cry." Tony, 3-7-2001

"Well, as I said before, we are only 6 points behind 4th from bottom with the prize of an additional £65 million (minimum) if we stay up. So, we'd be bonkers if that wasn't the top priority. Nobody's giving up on staying in this league." CPFC2010, 5-11-2013
Old 03-10-2014, 10:13 AM

Selhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
And he was subbed pretty early, if I recall correctly.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:21 AM

aj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is hereaj4england Sam the man is here
And we almost weren't going to give him another contract for this season!
Old 03-10-2014, 11:04 AM
All Ivory Coast ain't we?

danpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is heredanpalace07 Sam the man is here
Real Madrid would be ace, worth the fee for Jules
Old 03-10-2014, 11:17 AM
Vikings Fan

Jaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJaserob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I think the word "legend" gets banded around a little too much these days, but in Jules's case, I believe "legend" is an understatement. I love the man.

Oh and with him playing, the Missus watches the games with me, so that she can enjoy his "eye candy"
Old 03-10-2014, 11:40 AM

JannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJannerEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
He's on Goals on Sunday - lets hope he can discuss his own clean sheet!
Old 07-10-2014, 08:38 AM

pardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is herepardew's shorts Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess View Post
Hi everyone, just to let you know that plans are afoot for Julian's testimonial. Please be patient and information will come out to you as soon as it is possible.
A website in in construction and lots of info will be made available on there - 1speroni.co.uk
Sent you a PM.
Old 10-10-2014, 10:01 AM
Registered Useless

charltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcharltonhater came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I really hope it's not against some of the teams mentioned in this thread (Brighton, Rangers, Celtic, Real Madrid)
They may get close to capacity attendences, but it would be due to thousands of away supporters and people going to match for the wrong reasons (because of the opposition, not to pay tribute and show appreciation for Speroni.
I personally would much prefer a lower attendence with high percentage of Palace fans

I hope it's against Dundee. A club that means something to Jules and would attract the right crowd/atmosphere for a testimonial game.
Old 10-10-2014, 10:05 AM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by charltonhater View Post

I hope it's against Dundee. A club that means something to Jules and would attract the right crowd/atmosphere for a testimonial game.
I've just started making some half and half scarves on the off chance.....
Old 10-10-2014, 10:20 AM
Brighton Uni's Palace Fan

cpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcpfcfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I want Dundee too. Would be a laugh.

Maybe to a home and away testimonial with Speroni playing for both home sides? Would love a trip to Dundee.
Old 10-10-2014, 10:24 AM

jcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjcreedy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'd love it if we played Argentina, and he had the game of his life.
Old 10-10-2014, 10:27 AM

Baffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is hereBaffled Bob 2 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpfcfly View Post
I want Dundee too. Would be a laugh.

Maybe to a home and away testimonial with Speroni playing for both home sides? Would love a trip to Dundee.
Why? Are you running out of heroin or something?