Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 16-06-2018, 07:44 PM
Millsie02

Shipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is hereShipp Ahoy! Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Are you implying he isn't?

He starts almost every game and we play one up front.
I'm one of his biggest defenders but where have you been?

We haven't played one up front for ages... Nor has Benteke started for ages either!
Old 16-06-2018, 07:45 PM

mrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmrB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Townsend is not a player I would sell - would not be able to get any better with the money we would receive. If we do its either because he is unhappy or we need to balance the books. As others have said Benteke should go before him but I hope we keep them both.
Old 16-06-2018, 07:59 PM

dannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is heredannyb1 Sam the man is here
Know someone who see him yesterday, says he's happy at palace.

Like because they have the new stadium all of a sudden they think the're it, I once went to their old Goldstone Ground when they could only get 12ish k crowds lol, then they became homeless tramps.
Old 16-06-2018, 08:03 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:

Played a version of 4-4-2 ever since RH has come in.
Old 16-06-2018, 08:03 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyb1 View Post
Know someone who see him yesterday, says he's happy at palace.
He might well be happy, might not be him angling for a move.
Old 16-06-2018, 10:22 PM

Gyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGyro1780 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mictor Voses View Post
We need to sell in order to buy as we are sailing very close to the FFP restrictions. Therefore it wouldn’t surprise me if we sold someone like PVA or Townsend rather than taking a player out of the spine of the team like Sakho or Benteke.
Says who? How would you or anyone else know how much we have to spend?

Same whining crap every summer "We don't have any money for new players etc"
Old 16-06-2018, 11:20 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipp Ahoy! View Post
I'm one of his biggest defenders but where have you been?

We haven't played one up front for ages... Nor has Benteke started for ages either!
True, but he's the spine of our subs bench
Old 17-06-2018, 02:32 AM

Eagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is hereEagle's Nest Sam the man is here
I don't think anyone would be willing to give us much for Benteke. Perhaps why Townsend is sacrificed.
Old 17-06-2018, 06:41 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Come on, no-one really believes Roy would cash in on Andros, do they? Ideal wide right in the narrow 4-4-2. We shouldn't be selling of the first XI if they are happy here. No doubt there are other clubs interested in a lot of our players, because we are a very good team that will be challenging for Europe next season.

Also, it's a good time to speak about Benteke because Andros was someone who had a dreadful start with us but eventually blossomed. Christian has the talent to do the same, and has a point to prove. Those are the type of players we need. The squad needs a few choice additions not a complete overhaul.
Old 17-06-2018, 06:55 AM
Tomato Sausage Muncher

Worksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is hereWorksop Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:

Say what ?
Old 17-06-2018, 07:39 AM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Come on, no-one really believes Roy would cash in on Andros, do they? Ideal wide right in the narrow 4-4-2. We shouldn't be selling of the first XI if they are happy here. No doubt there are other clubs interested in a lot of our players, because we are a very good team that will be challenging for Europe next season.

Also, it's a good time to speak about Benteke because Andros was someone who had a dreadful start with us but eventually blossomed. Christian has the talent to do the same, and has a point to prove. Those are the type of players we need. The squad needs a few choice additions not a complete overhaul.
If I was Townsend and saw the chances I create wasted by that useless lump then I'd want to leave.
Old 17-06-2018, 07:49 AM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:

I'm not sure he is the ideal wide right in a narrow 442. He is more of a winger and Roy had real joy using both McArthur and Loftus-Cheek, two central players, on the sides of his narrow midfield.

I doubt Roy simply wants to cash in as such and I'm sure he values Andros. But IF he has been told he needs to sell a first teamer to raise funds for another target then maybe he would consider it.
Old 17-06-2018, 11:10 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogya View Post
Maybe wrong but in my view we will not struggle to meet the annual losses hurdles as it is so high. The difficult bit is around the 7m annual increase (plus increase in other revenue) in players salaries etc. Not sure what this has to do with either cash or 3 year cycle because it is assessed annually.
Assuming I understand it correctly :

The rules are that the wage bill can only increase by £7m p.a. each year as part of the STCC rules. BUT this limit can be increased by additional income from commercial (not sky) and any player trading profit. The latter being the key bit.

So selling a player for a book profit (which is anything above the original cost less any depreciation - Player transfer fee/value is depreciated over life of contract). So buying Andros for say £12m and selling him for £20m adds £8m to that limit plus any depreciation since the purchase. In addition we lose the players wages. This is only reduced by the replacements wages, not the their purchase fee (as I understand it).

So this has nothing to do with cash, it's to do with the limits I reckon. Without freeing up some more STCC headroom we probably can't get in the strengthening Roy needs. This seems plausible doesn't it?

So I think that's part of the reason why PVA and Andros bids being considered might have some base in reality. Other clubs would know this is likely true for us. It would be nice if we could just shift the players we want to get rid of at a profit but that's not likely either is it. So......

Andy Street will know this but I think it's what they call 'directionally correct' but may have details or language wrong.

Last edited by Martin H; 17-06-2018 at 10:53 PM.
Old 17-06-2018, 12:47 PM

Kosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKosowski came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We'd be nuts to sell.
Old 17-06-2018, 02:23 PM

Lee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLee sinnots ear came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro1780 View Post
Says who? How would you or anyone else know how much we have to spend?

Same whining crap every summer "We don't have any money for new players etc"
Sorry mister Toss Pot it is you who is talking bollocks. Take a look who we’ve signed in the last two seasons, Benteke, Townsend,Luka, PVA, Shlup, Sacko circa £100mil all on massive wages in particular Benteke and Sacko on reportedly £120k per week. And who have we sold? Just Bolasie who for c£25 mil who was also one of the clubs lowest wages. So quite obviously there’s going to be an issue with having to manage FFP and therefore almost certainly sell before we can buy big.

So how about taking your head out of your arse and get to understand the real world.
Old 17-06-2018, 04:37 PM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie McGoldrick's tash View Post
I'm not sure he is the ideal wide right in a narrow 442. He is more of a winger and Roy had real joy using both McArthur and Loftus-Cheek, two central players, on the sides of his narrow midfield.

I doubt Roy simply wants to cash in as such and I'm sure he values Andros. But IF he has been told he needs to sell a first teamer to raise funds for another target then maybe he would consider it.
First of all, I feel Andros is not far off being good enough to play central midfield. He lacks a bit of strength but he has a phenomenal engine, works hard in defence and obviously has ability going forward as all wingers do. McArthur had a purple patch but Townsend is the better player imho. And he can tuck in to the narrow 4 and cut in on his left. I see where you are coming from but I don't see Andros as your classic defensively-poor, hugging-the-touchline, only-interested-in-attacking type of winger. Instead I think he suits the system.
Old 17-06-2018, 05:54 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
First of all, I feel Andros is not far off being good enough to play central midfield. He lacks a bit of strength but he has a phenomenal engine, works hard in defence and obviously has ability going forward as all wingers do. McArthur had a purple patch but Townsend is the better player imho. And he can tuck in to the narrow 4 and cut in on his left. I see where you are coming from but I don't see Andros as your classic defensively-poor, hugging-the-touchline, only-interested-in-attacking type of winger. Instead I think he suits the system.
I don't think he is bad for the role at all but it is possible Roy is looking for something/ someone a bit different. For me it all depends on who he thinks he get with the money from any sale.
Old 17-06-2018, 07:42 PM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Such an important player for us. Madness to sell him
Old 17-06-2018, 09:57 PM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
i reckon' he will be sold before the accounts are released to ease fears that we are broke !
Old 17-06-2018, 10:13 PM

Mictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMictor Voses came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bo Jangles View Post
Townsend or PVa rather than Benteke!! Wow, just unbelievable! Did you watch any games last season.
Yes mate I went to 31 games last year. How about you? Benteke has a bad season but was key the season before. It would be easier to find another left back or another wide player than it would be to find another striker who is capable of scoring 15 goals a season in a lower half team like Benteke did the season before.