Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Transfer Hotline

Notices

Transfer Hotline Latest transfer news, rumours and suggestions for new Palace players. Includes outgoing transfers and news on released players.

Old 14-08-2018, 10:39 AM
Watching from Warmington

Big Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is hereBig Blue Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigend1 View Post
I agree, what you are saying is highly likely. Im not saying I want to end up in those situations but we are better off than last season with backups.

I could be making it up but Im sure I read somewhere when we were talking to Mayer he can play off of a striker, a number 10/free role type thing.

I think we will be willing to loan one from Kaikai, sorloth and wickham I suppose but as wickham isnt currently playing for u23s due another strain Id expect not. I think wed want him to have a few games lasting 90 mins or close to before we consider sending him anywhere and sorloth would surely find more interested clubs as he isnt the risk of break down that wickham is.

You are probably right regarding Kaikai but Id prefer to keep him and let sorloth go out. Sorloth needs games and we should take a closer look at Kaikai. Hes shown a maturity and composure recently. Hes also a more natural winger for times we want a more width oriented midfielder and can play the wilf role.

Id like: benteke and wilf as first choice then ayew>wickham (if/when fit)>Kaikai>Townsend>Mayer as our options. Of all the players sorloth would benefit the most from a season of games and could develop for us and it will surely only be one out.
Wickham was reported as having a "slight strain" by RH, so I would expect him to be available for the U23s on Aug 20 and maybe as a sub for the first team in the Carabao the following week.

I really don't get the enthusiasm to let any senior strikers go on loan? Wilf plays off and behind a target man - currently Benteke, with Sorloth the bench option - at least until late Sept is that is the target for Wickham to get upto speed. Ayew is totally different to the other 3 strikers and is more an across the line player. The alternative style option we have lacked for a couple of seasons. Kai Kai has never looked PL quality, even as an off the bench option - and interestingly didn't make the bench at the weekend in front of a a RB, LB and CB. Schlupp is far better dire emergency cover wide than Sullay.

As for Meyer, he started as a No 10 but now played much deeper. He might play further forward if needed but at 5'8" needs a big guy next to him. I would be really surprised if he ever played as a forward.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19232019