Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 12-10-2016, 07:33 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
I got the 55K321 - upgraded from a 44in toshiba

Picture is lush on Netflix

My only gripe is that it's quite thick when mounted on wall.
Old 28-10-2016, 12:39 PM
Between matches

MasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
So I got my Sky Q installed this week. All good and new dish, LNB and 2 boxes all done in under an hour.

The one thing that irks so far is the randomness with the ipad app. Seems to be very intermittent when it comes to "seeing" the box but when it does work it's silky smooth so doesn't suggest a ropey wifi connection.

I do have an ethernet cable next to both sky q boxes - any merit in using them when the wifi seems fine?
Old 28-10-2016, 01:02 PM
Slimy member

Conger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Not sure if this is a joke or not but whilst I no nothing about TVs every LG flat panel has been shocking compared to all the other brands I have bought including Samsung.
LG have one of the best selection of 4k TVs at the moment with a great range of OLED screens - brightness not as high as LEDs, but perfect blacks mean they don't have to be, which make for amazing images. Its all subjective of course, but IMHO they have the best range (without spending over 5k), and its worth paying a premium for the OLEDs. The new ones are also Dolby Vision compliant, which is a bonus, but not crucial. Samsung do great sets too, but I'd personally take OLED over LED any day.
Old 28-10-2016, 01:31 PM

karl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkarl.eldridge came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I have a 4K LG TV and it's incredible.

I bought the Xbox One S for 4K Blu Rays. Stunning.

Rutilus quod Puteulanus

www.smartipx.com
Old 28-10-2016, 01:43 PM
Concession/Adult

9Freedman9 is just too good for you9Freedman9 is just too good for you9Freedman9 is just too good for you9Freedman9 is just too good for you9Freedman9 is just too good for you9Freedman9 is just too good for you9Freedman9 is just too good for you9Freedman9 is just too good for you9Freedman9 is just too good for you9Freedman9 is just too good for you9Freedman9 is just too good for you
I have just had the original HD Box put into my place, would you guys recommend upgrading to the SkyQ? I'm sure I'd be able to manage a decent deal but just curious as to whether it's that much better than what I have.
Old 28-10-2016, 01:54 PM
*Contents: Hydrogen, Time

Random* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Depends upon the cost.

More tuners mean you'll never have a program clash again, but there's little real advantage aside from being able to transfer some programs to a tablet, although even that you can just get via Sky Go+.
Old 28-10-2016, 02:21 PM

dmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdmf73 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Freedman9 View Post
I have just had the original HD Box put into my place, would you guys recommend upgrading to the SkyQ? I'm sure I'd be able to manage a decent deal but just curious as to whether it's that much better than what I have.
you can also multi room with a mini box without having to wire it through the house - just works off the wifi
Old 28-10-2016, 03:43 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conger View Post
LG have one of the best selection of 4k TVs at the moment with a great range of OLED screens - brightness not as high as LEDs, but perfect blacks mean they don't have to be, which make for amazing images. Its all subjective of course, but IMHO they have the best range (without spending over 5k), and its worth paying a premium for the OLEDs. The new ones are also Dolby Vision compliant, which is a bonus, but not crucial. Samsung do great sets too, but I'd personally take OLED over LED any day.

I'm no expert. I'm just going by my own experiences which have been two TVs with shocking build quality.
Old 31-10-2016, 08:51 AM
Between matches

MasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Was in costco on sunday - fell in love with a 3500 LG OLED tv. The missus less keen. She wouldn't even let me stare at the 1500 one.
Old 31-10-2016, 09:16 AM
pdemeagle @eaglism

eaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteaglebhoy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Quote:
MasterYoda Was in costco on sunday - fell in love with a 3500 LG OLED tv. The missus less keen. She wouldn't even let me stare at the 1500 one.
Are you guys professional TV watchers ? A few grand spent on a TV I've never even thought to spend more than a grand !

Proud of the lads that saved us in 2010/11 and of the Lads who brought us up 2012/13 and then kept us in the PL in 2013/14, at last !

Honestly never thought I'd see a CPFC win at Old Trafford in my Lifetime, I will always remember Manchester United 1-2 Crystal Palace on 30/11/11, not to mention Dazzas Goal :D
Old 31-10-2016, 09:34 AM

Palace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I was very tempted by an LG OLED TV recently but was told by the salesman in John Lewis that their lifespan is about 5 years. Also, when I asked him to show me a channel in SD, it looked awful. For example, the little red button that appears in the corner of BBC1 was a very pixelated round button. Obviously it's not a huge importance now that most channels have an HD option but if I want to stick on an old DVD, I want to know that it will still look alright.
Old 31-10-2016, 09:51 AM

Nigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNigelbrag came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace121 View Post
I was very tempted by an LG OLED TV recently but was told by the salesman in John Lewis that their lifespan is about 5 years. Also, when I asked him to show me a channel in SD, it looked awful. For example, the little red button that appears in the corner of BBC1 was a very pixelated round button. Obviously it's not a huge importance now that most channels have an HD option but if I want to stick on an old DVD, I want to know that it will still look alright.
A 5yr lifespan!!! Thanks, i bought an LG OLED curved 65 inch around 6 months ago and i have to say it is superb, picture clarity like never before and watching that new David Attenborough wild life programme was something else.
So i highly recommend it if you intend getting one, but that 5yr bit has got me really worried and will look into it.
Old 31-10-2016, 10:13 AM

elgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I will be getting Skyq next month,with the multi room mini boxes,what's to stop you say,taking the one from the kitchen,up to the bedroom.
My understanding is that they run off the WiFi, and not wired in..is this correct.
Old 31-10-2016, 10:18 AM
Between matches

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgrande View Post
I will be getting Skyq next month,with the multi room mini boxes,what's to stop you say,taking the one from the kitchen,up to the bedroom.
My understanding is that they run off the WiFi, and not wired in..is this correct.
Nothing - that's the point. As long as your wifi in the bedroom is decent enough.
Old 31-10-2016, 10:21 AM

elgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietelgrande came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterYoda View Post
Nothing - that's the point. As long as your wifi in the bedroom is decent enough.
Brilliant, so no need to get 3/4 mini boxes then,thanks for that.
Old 31-10-2016, 10:37 AM
*Contents: Hydrogen, Time

Random* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRandom* came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace121 View Post
I don't think you're going to ever find something to make those DVDs look palatable when viewing them on the same screen at the same distance you're viewing 4K content on.

A person with normal vision can stand just over 5 feet from a 55" 4K screen and not see the pixels, but put an SD video on the same screen and you need to stand 20 feet away.

Some TVs or BD players have upscaling, but as SD video has 1/20th of the resolution of what a 4K screen is capable of showing, the upscaler has to guess 19 pixels out of every 20 it shows, making it look at best like there's a smear of vaseline across the whole screen.
Old 31-10-2016, 10:45 AM
Sans Peur

RDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is hereRDSdaEAGLE Sam the man is here
For anyone having difficulty with their minibox setup, I'd recommend doing a software update on it. Annoyingly (and confusingly) it doesn't prompt you to do this when a new update is released, but by doing it manually, it's made the system work perfectly.
Old 31-10-2016, 06:28 PM

OneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOneSize : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterYoda View Post
Just to clarify, you can move it but only if your connected to the wifi between the boxes, not your actual wifi. When it is installed, I'd suggest getting the mini box installed in the furthest away room to be sure it all works if you move it.
Old 31-10-2016, 06:51 PM
Alright? Not half!

Phil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPhil's Barber came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSize View Post
Just to clarify, you can move it but only if your connected to the wifi between the boxes, not your actual wifi. When it is installed, I'd suggest getting the mini box installed in the furthest away room to be sure it all works if you move it.
This. Sound advice. They can then fill your house with boosters/extenders and you get super strength WiFi.
Old 01-11-2016, 07:54 PM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Does the mini box have the ability to record programmes or watch downloads? I know the bog standard multi room box didn't but we upgraded it to one that could