Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 01-11-2016, 08:01 PM
Slimy member

Conger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineConger : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
Does the mini box have the ability to record programmes or watch downloads? I know the bog standard multi room box didn't but we upgraded it to one that could
Yes it does, you can watch anything from Sky on it. Although I don't think anything is held on the mini box, I think its all downloaded/streamed via the main Sky Q box and streamed via that over its own wifi.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:07 PM
Legal Imbecile and BBS Prophet of Doom (Semi-Retired)

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reps AJ View Post
Does the mini box have the ability to record programmes or watch downloads? I know the bog standard multi room box didn't but we upgraded it to one that could
No and yes - all the recordings are done by the main (silver) box, but everything recorded can be viewed on all the mini boxes. The mini box has no receiver and no storage and does not need to be connected to a satellite dish - however you can use it to watch 'live' TV; record and download programmes; watch anything recorded and stored on the silver box.

By the way, I have just seen that Sky Q is now available for iPhones (previously there was only an iPad App), which is useful.
Old 02-11-2016, 06:45 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
So does that mean both the main box and the mini box could be watching different recorded programmes at the same time?
Old 02-11-2016, 06:47 AM

James Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is hereJames Sam the man is here
Yes it does. I have two Q Mini set-top boxes and they can all watch different programmes (live or recorded) at the same time.

The Sky Q silver box (the main one) has no fewer than 12 tuners, all of which can operate simultaneously. One tuner is dedicated to the live TV at all times while the second supplies feeds for picture-in-picture services. Two others are partitioned for streaming to tablets/iPhones while another two are set aside for streaming to the Q Mini set-top boxes. A further four are used for recordings - meaning you can record up to four shows at once while watching live TV on the main and mini boxes- and the eleventh tuner is used for receiving UI data. Not sure what the 12th tuner is for.
Old 02-11-2016, 07:52 AM
Climbing for dollars

Reps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is hereReps AJ Sam the man is here
Cheers
Old 02-11-2016, 08:03 AM

scro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is herescro Sam the man is here
I am purchasing a new telly this week. I think i will go for the 600 panasonic are selling but do i get a sound bar? I have never bought into the whole surround sound malarkey in fact the only time i ever had a system with speakers dotted around the room. I hated it. Always felt like i wanted to turn it down and never felt like you could really want one unless you had a cinema room or something.

Last edited by scro; 02-11-2016 at 01:06 PM.
Old 08-11-2016, 12:30 PM
Between matches

MasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMasterYoda came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Oddly my mini just lost all connectivity yesterday for no reason I could fathom. Turned both off and such but no joy. Eventually got it working after re-pairing it all.

Annoying as my router, sky q box and mini are all within about 15 feet of each other with half a wall between them
Old 28-06-2017, 08:19 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Just got sky-q. What happened to the download all episodes of a series option?
Old 29-06-2017, 06:59 PM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Well after a day I already hate it.
Old 29-06-2017, 07:15 PM

Palaceborn : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceborn : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceborn : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceborn : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceborn : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceborn : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceborn : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceborn : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceborn : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceborn : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePalaceborn : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
Well after a day I already hate it.
I've had no problems with it at all. I know that when you record one episode it records the next straight after the first one is done
Old 29-06-2017, 08:39 PM
Danger Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palaceborn View Post
I've had no problems with it at all. I know that when you record one episode it records the next straight after the first one is done
Yeah that's ok
The favourites have gone
Remote is garbage, feels so cheap
Can't add a reminder for a program
It feels like it's gone back a generation rather than forwards
Old 30-06-2017, 07:11 AM
The Time Has Come...!

kit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I can't find a search option other than a button on the remote, which I don't use!!
Old 30-06-2017, 09:28 AM

Palace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I got a pretty decent deal on Sky Q but it's due to finish in a couple of months and I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I love it and really don't want to get rid but I also can't afford to shell out 110 a month on it. I did ring out a while ago and said I wanted to cancel and the guy I spoke to (nice bloke) said I should call back within 2 months of the contract ending as they are unable to apply discounts before that. Probably bollocks but I'll give it a go. I've got a feeling I'm going to have to go the whole hog and get it cancelled before the retentions team give me a call and sort something reasonable out.
Old 30-06-2017, 10:10 AM
Danger Zone

I just switch it between my Doris and I every year. Got 18 months for under 40.
Old 30-06-2017, 10:11 AM
Danger Zone

Question around the Q app. Can I watch sky sports etc through it?
Old 30-06-2017, 11:29 AM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace121 View Post
I got a pretty decent deal on Sky Q but it's due to finish in a couple of months and I'm in a bit of a dilemma. I love it and really don't want to get rid but I also can't afford to shell out 110 a month on it. I did ring out a while ago and said I wanted to cancel and the guy I spoke to (nice bloke) said I should call back within 2 months of the contract ending as they are unable to apply discounts before that. Probably bollocks but I'll give it a go. I've got a feeling I'm going to have to go the whole hog and get it cancelled before the retentions team give me a call and sort something reasonable out.

110 per month
Old 30-06-2017, 11:36 AM

Palace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stavros 69 View Post
Question around the Q app. Can I watch sky sports etc through it?
Yes.
Old 30-06-2017, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisophiex View Post
110 per month
112.49 to be precise. Broken down as follows:

Line Rental: 18.99
Box Sets & Sports: 65.50
Sky Fibre Unlimited: 10 (with 10 discount)
Sky Q Multiscreen: 12
Sky Sports HD Pack: 6.00
Old 30-06-2017, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kit82 View Post
I can't find a search option other than a button on the remote, which I don't use!!
On the Bluetooth remote, the voice search works very well. Just press the button on the right (back) of the remote and say what you are looking for (e.g. 'the daily politics'). It recognises even obscure titles and you can also search for actors/performers.
Old 30-06-2017, 04:45 PM
The Time Has Come...!

kit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekit82 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
On the Bluetooth remote, the voice search works very well. Just press the button on the right (back) of the remote and say what you are looking for (e.g. 'the daily politics'). It recognises even obscure titles and you can also search for actors/performers.
I use a universal remote for tv sky and speakers. But it doesn't have a search button. Can't believe I can't search from anywhere on the menu...!!