Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 27-09-2017, 05:48 PM
Not again Wayne

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
He may not be good enough, but as opposed to spending more money (wages) on a journeyman who again wouldn't be good enough IMO, I'd rather see how Sako thrives on the pressure. It would be all too easy to get Lambert etc in and Sako would still be content picking up his 50k a week being a bit part squad player.
Sako may be a nice guy, he's clearly well liked by some on the individuals in the squad, but truth be know he's largely done **** all since he's been here. He had a very good 45 mins at home to Villa, and look effective at Stamford Bridge but not a lot else of note. He's very quick to post his bespoke "Ryu" football boots and doing Insta stories from his white Merc. He strikes me as a person who is style over substance, and although he walks around with a smile on his face, I'd like to see a little more urgency from him to actually fight for our club, too frequently he looks so complacent. My gut feeling is if Sako is used up top he may need to work the channels which would be natural for him, and we'd need runners coming from deep to get on the end of bits.
Bakary - Time for you and a few other bit part players to step up.
Old 27-09-2017, 05:59 PM
Pure Codology

SE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is here
Yep, plus he's our only goal scorer in competitive matches this season.

Time to put your bollocks in the biscuit tin, Bakary.

Cometh the hour, cometh the geez.

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 27-09-2017, 06:07 PM

SA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is hereSA Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyocpfc View Post
It's worth remembering he scored 36 goals for Wolves in 3 years. Not to be sniffed at, albeit in a worse league but shows he knows where the goal is.
In fairness, I know where the goal is. It's just getting the ball into it that's the problem.
Old 27-09-2017, 06:07 PM

rambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietrambo1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE5eagle View Post

Time to put your bollocks in the biscuit tin, Bakary.

Cometh the hour, cometh the geez.
James McArthur has also scored,2,in Carabao Cup.
Unless a Free-agent is Signed feel,Bakary Sako,is the Best Option.
Followed by Freddie Ladapo,Sullay KaiKai,Jason Lokilo,Levi-Jeremiah Lumeka & Jeffrey Schlupp.

Last edited by rambo1; 27-09-2017 at 06:16 PM.
Old 27-09-2017, 06:12 PM
Captain Fun.

Benzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is hereBenzhiyi Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE5eagle View Post
You forgot Macca. (Our top scorer in all competitions, with an almighty two.)

http://youtu.be/Jviw33M56UI
Old 27-09-2017, 06:14 PM

CP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCP-RJW came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by rambo1 View Post
Only Scorer in Premier League
We have one?! Must've been taking a piss when that goal/those goals went in.
Old 27-09-2017, 06:15 PM
Pure Codology

SE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is here
Apologies, MacArthur it is; Bakary, get your bollocks away from those biscuits!

Flop 'em out, Jimmy!

Black your face lad, you're on!

Sir Clinton Morrison

Last edited by SE5eagle; 27-09-2017 at 06:33 PM. Reason: I am the last remaining soul in europe to use an old school (with a 'k') BlackBerry.
Old 27-09-2017, 06:31 PM

smoll : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmoll : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmoll : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmoll : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmoll : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmoll : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmoll : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmoll : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmoll : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmoll : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesmoll : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Sako will be injured again soon. He's a waste of space
Old 27-09-2017, 06:42 PM

Windsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is hereWindsor_Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
He may not be good enough, but as opposed to spending more money (wages) on a journeyman who again wouldn't be good enough IMO, I'd rather see how Sako thrives on the pressure. It would be all too easy to get Lambert etc in and Sako would still be content picking up his 50k a week being a bit part squad player.
Sako may be a nice guy, he's clearly well liked by some on the individuals in the squad, but truth be know he's largely done **** all since he's been here. He had a very good 45 mins at home to Villa, and look effective at Stamford Bridge but not a lot else of note. He's very quick to post his bespoke "Ryu" football boots and doing Insta stories from his white Merc. He strikes me as a person who is style over substance, and although he walks around with a smile on his face, I'd like to see a little more urgency from him to actually fight for our club, too frequently he looks so complacent. My gut feeling is if Sako is used up top he may need to work the channels which would be natural for him, and we'd need runners coming from deep to get on the end of bits.
Bakary - Time for you and a few other bit part players to step up.
Good post.
Old 27-09-2017, 06:46 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Cometh the hour.........
Old 30-09-2017, 08:22 PM
per aspera ad astra!

RAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRAB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Well now Management must know what many of us already knew and what a Wolves fan posted before ko when Pardew decided to play Sako as a solo striker at Villa last January. He cannot do it. To see and listen to Hodgson talking about how Sako struggled today was very disheartening. I am sure it must be too for Sako.

We fans are just passionate amateurs and don't know what is going on at the training ground and we know next to nothing about what motivates certain players and their strengths and weaknesses as people. All we know is what we see with our own eyes when certain players chase or don't chase those lost causes. How they shape up in challenging for aerial duels with aggressive central defenders. In effect their heart and desire.

In the case of Sako most of us have seen a player who for all his physique looks a wimp when he plays. Yes he has a good shot but when he is offered a run in the side, he'll soon pick up an injury and disappear for weeks on end.

Yet the Club employs professional managers and coaches on huge wages who fail to see what is obvious to those of us who pay to watch. Hodgson has an impressive cv and Lewington too. They must know better. Surely?
Old 01-10-2017, 12:29 PM
Oh No!

AJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I am not sure i follow your rant. Sako did as well as Benteke did up front as the actual problem is service, which is currently non existence. Sako got 1 pass yesterday which gave him a chance at goal. It was not like he had a boat load of chances and fluffed them all. He also worked his bollox off.
Old 01-10-2017, 12:33 PM
Pokemon Trainer

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
The big problem which some may not realise is that from the stream I was watching you could hear Ray Lewington shouting to Sako where to be and what to do.

A little worrying that a player doesn't know how to play as a Centre Forward.
Old 01-10-2017, 12:40 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ View Post
I am not sure i follow your rant. Sako did as well as Benteke did up front as the actual problem is service, which is currently non existence. Sako got 1 pass yesterday which gave him a chance at goal. It was not like he had a boat load of chances and fluffed them all. He also worked his bollox off.
It wasn't some awesome performance but as you say he was no worse than Benteke has been and at least he got a powerful shot in. What was frustrating is that you could hear the shouts from Ray for him to pull wide to win the ball which he started to do but as he did that no one went into the box to make a run for him to pass to. I still think he put in a good shift despite all of that against a good defence. Certainly doesn't deserve a load of moans. There were players in their proper positions that looked far worse TBH.
Old 01-10-2017, 12:47 PM

Anneseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAnneseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAnneseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAnneseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAnneseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAnneseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAnneseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAnneseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAnneseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAnneseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAnneseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Just cannot understand why we choose to play a player out of position rather than give a young striker a chance?
Old 01-10-2017, 12:49 PM

TouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latvian Eagle View Post
The big problem which some may not realise is that from the stream I was watching you could hear Ray Lewington shouting to Sako where to be and what to do.

A little worrying that a player doesn't know how to play as a Centre Forward.
A little worrying that a player doesn't know how to play in an unaccustomed position in the best league in the world? That's not worrying, it's entirely predictable. Do you genuinely believe that Benteke would excel if he was forced to play left wing against Man United? That his positioning would be flawless? That he'd be able to track attackers, know when to follow inside, etc? Do you think this game played at the highest level is that simple that anybody can play any position?
Old 01-10-2017, 12:50 PM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneseagles View Post
Just cannot understand why we choose to play a player out of position rather than give a young striker a chance?
Indeed Ladapo at least looked like a centre forward when he came on. Unfortunately no one was able to play a decent ball for him to run onto. Familiar failings.

Last edited by stamford triumph; 01-10-2017 at 12:55 PM.
Old 01-10-2017, 12:55 PM

TouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is hereTouchyAndalou Sam the man is here
He did about as well as could be expected, which was ok but not great. His inability to win the ball, hold it up, stretch their defence, occupy their central defenders, etc all contributed to us struggling to get up the pitch and create chances, but what were we expecting? It's not his fault we're in the predicament we're in. I support Sako, Hennessey, Punch, Ward, and the rest of the scapegoats because the only alternative open is wetting myself on here and that's no fun.
Old 01-10-2017, 12:58 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneseagles View Post
We did give him a chance but by bringing him on for the last 20 it gave him his best chance of doing well. Imagine if he had started and bombed and had to be swapped out after 15 mins. Would have probably set him back and maybe killed off his chances forever. Remember this is largely a Non League player that hasn't played in anything above League 1? I think Roy did the right thing and TBH Ladapo handled it OK too, even in his post match interview. So good on them both.

Maybe get longer against Chelsea. Would be nice to see him rough up David Luis ����
Old 01-10-2017, 01:32 PM
Pokemon Trainer

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchyAndalou View Post
A little worrying that a player doesn't know how to play in an unaccustomed position in the best league in the world? That's not worrying, it's entirely predictable. Do you genuinely believe that Benteke would excel if he was forced to play left wing against Man United? That his positioning would be flawless? That he'd be able to track attackers, know when to follow inside, etc? Do you think this game played at the highest level is that simple that anybody can play any position?
So you are telling me it's that hard to play up front? Right ok!!!