Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 24-05-2014, 01:10 AM

Madden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMadden : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC 1949 View Post
Millwall at the Den in the mid sixties
Mine was also at the Den in 68-69. Palace won 2-0 and Mark Lazarus did a virtual lap of honour when he scored after getting "Jew boy" chants from the home supporters the whole game!
Old 24-05-2014, 02:42 AM
When I was a young boy!

StanFX : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanFX : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanFX : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanFX : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanFX : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanFX : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanFX : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanFX : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanFX : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanFX : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanFX : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
1969/70 Chelsea 1-1
I don't really remember much about the game except sitting on my uncles shoulders. I remember wanting to be a goal keeper like John Jackson.

Mel Blyth Roger Hoy Cliff Jackson John Jackson

Steve Kember Mark Lazarus John Loughlan John Mccormick

Jim Oliver David Payne John Sewell Brian Snowdon
Colin Taylor Tony Taylor Bobby Woodruff
Old 24-05-2014, 02:52 AM

KYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKYLIE MINEAGLE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden View Post
Mine was also at the Den in 68-69. Palace won 2-0 and Mark Lazarus did a virtual lap of honour when he scored after getting "Jew boy" chants from the home supporters the whole game!

Just to rub it in Jacko saved a penalty from Keith Weller.
Old 24-05-2014, 02:55 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanFX View Post
1969/70 Chelsea 1-1
I don't really remember much about the game except sitting on my uncles shoulders. I remember wanting to be a goal keeper like John Jackson.

Those photo's make you realize how bad it was before Photoshop
Old 25-05-2014, 07:51 PM
SHUT IT SLAG

Location: We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner
Jack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJack Regan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
1969/70 Chelsea 1-1

Where's Gerry Queen?
The president of the Commission Mr. Delors said at press conference the other day that he wanted the European Parliament to be the democratic body of the community, he wanted the Commission to be the Executive and he wanted the Council of Ministers to be the Senate.

No. No. No.

Margaret Thatcher
Speech in Houses of Parliament
30th October 1990
Old 25-05-2014, 08:31 PM

cantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietcantspell came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
West Ham 1 (Devonshire or someone touted as the new Brooking) Palace 1 (Elwiss, who was just coming good)

I was 14 at the time had to skim money from my dinner money to pay for it) had to take my 11 year old brother - don't know I had fixed it with my parent probably lied.

When we got to Upton Park, prices were more expensive for Palace U16 fans so had to go in West Ham end pay the kid's price and then tell the police I was a Palace fan and could they let us through the police line, which they did. Think I caught the 15 from Charing X - must have been mad but wanted the buzz of an away game

Last edited by cantspell; 27-05-2014 at 09:00 AM.
Old 25-05-2014, 11:21 PM
Vermontster

mrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is heremrgins Sam the man is here
Millwall circa 1964. They were in the middle of a run of home wins and we drew 1-1 or I might not have got out of there alive!

Racism is man's gravest threat to men - the maximum of hatred from the minimum of reason.
Abraham J. Herschel, Jewish theologian and philosopher

be nice to me...I have considerable rep power!
Old 26-05-2014, 01:39 AM
red and blue army

PalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceSi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
1969/70 Chelsea 1-1

I think that was my first as well. I was standing on my Palace stool painted claret and blue and wondered what the sea of blue and white scarves behind me were all about. It was only as i got older i realised my dad had taken me straight into the shed end completely oblivious to the dangers of flaunting ones colours in such as environment.
I remember them giving Bobby Tambling a bit of a reception and us being 1-0 up most of the game.
Old 26-05-2014, 12:14 PM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Arsenal away, May 93, bit of a shitter really.
Old 26-05-2014, 02:33 PM

Mr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMr Statto came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Can't remember if I went to the Coventry game (won 2-1) in 91-92, if I didn't then my first away game would have been Forest that season (lost 5-1). A bad result compounded by taking my girlfriend who was a Forest fan - not entirely sure how I didn't slap her when she was gloating as they scored their 5th, though the copper stood the other side of the fence might have had something to do with it!

EDIT - having checked the squad that season, I think I did go to Coventry as I seem to recall it was Paul Mortimer's debut

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodstoneEagle
Being the first team to beat them there will never go away, it's like taking the virginity of someone you don't like's sister, just so you can rub it in their face.
Old 26-05-2014, 03:13 PM

MAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMAX came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I guess it was 1962 or 1963. Northampton Town. As someone mentioned I remember standing behind a rope running down one side of the pitch. Very quaint!
Old 26-05-2014, 03:21 PM
Ex Waddon bloke

Les Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is hereLes Butler Sam the man is here
For the life of me I cannot remember they all seem to merge into one...Old age, I must have been around 13 or 14 around 41 years ago....
Old 26-05-2014, 03:23 PM

BERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is hereBERT'S HEAD Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX View Post
I guess it was 1962 or 1963. Northampton Town. As someone mentioned I remember standing behind a rope running down one side of the pitch. Very quaint!
I just checked that mine was Northampton in 1967. Lost 1-0 and the only memories I have was how strange the ground was and that I was near enough the front to almost touch Johnny Byrne's leg as he took a corner
Old 06-06-2014, 09:35 PM

jonn63 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonn63 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonn63 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonn63 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonn63 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonn63 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonn63 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonn63 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonn63 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonn63 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minejonn63 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Gav View Post
Think it was Charlton away on a Tuesday night in our promotion season 1979. Remember loads of Palace and loads of fights on the terraces as one of the stands was closed ? One after that was Orient, how can you not become a Palace nut after those 2 games
Remember that Tuesday night , I was about 15 and remember the clowns singing we are Millwall your surrounded .O happy days .Also at the station kicked off again.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:39 PM
Shot by both sides

Sam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is here
Spuz in May 71. L 0-2 including the most spectacular and ridiculous Mel Blyth OG.
Old 12-09-2014, 10:04 PM

madpalacefan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemadpalacefan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemadpalacefan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemadpalacefan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemadpalacefan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemadpalacefan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemadpalacefan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemadpalacefan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemadpalacefan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemadpalacefan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minemadpalacefan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Grimsby 1-1 Palace

Southgate goal, on our way to the title.......

Remember loads of Grimsby and Palace scrapping down a side street, so me and my dad double backed to go down another side street and there were another lot of Grimsby and Palace fans scrapping down there as well
Old 13-09-2014, 10:05 AM
Pack it up, pack it in..

Breaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is hereBreaking rocks Sam the man is here
Chelsea FA Cup 5th round 1976 from the Shed - which was fun.
Turned out safer than North Terrace mind!
Old 13-09-2014, 10:15 AM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
My first ever Away game was Manchester United in November 1990. My first ever game had been the week before when we beat Wimbledon 4-3 at Home. The United game we lost 2-0 and was our first defeat of the season. I don't really remember much of the game except we had a goal ruled out for offside. I just remember being amazed they had plastic glasses with the Manchester United logo on, and Manchester United crisps.
Old 13-09-2014, 10:22 AM

Looking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLooking2curl1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
QPR away 92/93.won 3-1. McGoldrick 2 & Armstrong?

Sat in the home end & my uncle told me off as I jumped up when the third went in. I was only 8 so didn't really see what I did wrong.
Old 13-09-2014, 10:33 AM

Kuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKuqi32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
My first ever away game was the 6-0 thrashing at QPR. Could only be upwards from there!