Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 13-09-2014, 11:01 AM
Werkself

Latvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is hereLatvian Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looking2curl1 View Post
QPR away 92/93.won 3-1. McGoldrick 2 & Armstrong?

Sat in the home end & my uncle told me off as I jumped up when the third went in. I was only 8 so didn't really see what I did wrong.
I was at that game. I remember not being able to look near the end hoping we'd hold out for the win, then McGoldrick hit a stunner to make it 3-1.
Old 15-09-2014, 09:09 PM
Probationary User

Mr Croc sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkMr Croc sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkMr Croc sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkMr Croc sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkMr Croc sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkMr Croc sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkMr Croc sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkMr Croc sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkMr Croc sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkMr Croc sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkMr Croc sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radders View Post
Reading away at Elm Park.

Think we won 3-2, Gilkes scored for them, Nebbling got one of ours, 198-something (open to answers)

I can also remember if you stood at the back of the terrace you looked straight down into the urinals, well classy!
I remember that game. When we scored the third I got so excited I slipped and fell down the terrace, spraining my ankle. It was a slow painful walk back to the station that day.
Old 15-09-2014, 09:27 PM
Occasional Member

PJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minePJJY : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Luton 2005/6 - beaten comfortably and had to sit with the home fans.
Old 15-09-2014, 09:32 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Stockport away 2001.First ever game.
Old 15-09-2014, 09:34 PM
Balding Eagle

Palace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace Dan came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by meee View Post
Not a bad one then?!
Old 15-09-2014, 09:41 PM

meee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is heremeee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palace Dan View Post
Not a bad one then?!
Light introduction to football.Safe to say I was hooked.
Old 15-09-2014, 09:59 PM

Swoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSwoonara came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Charlton F A Cup January 1969. Lost the replay!!!
Old 21-01-2015, 02:08 PM
Probationary User

pete53 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallpete53 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallpete53 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallpete53 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallpete53 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallpete53 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallpete53 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallpete53 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallpete53 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallpete53 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallpete53 put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
A friendly match - Croydon Amatuers v Palace May 1964. 4-0 to Palace.

My first "competitive" away game was September 1966 v Charlton. It ended 1-1.
Old 21-01-2015, 03:34 PM

dan1 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worlddan1 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worlddan1 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worlddan1 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worlddan1 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worlddan1 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worlddan1 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worlddan1 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worlddan1 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worlddan1 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worlddan1 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Neil_Warnock View Post
Oxford United, Boxing day 1998

All I remember is the rain but we won 3-1
I was in the seats for this game and recall the palace supporters in the seats singing "you're wet and you know you are" to the Palace supporters on the terrace behind the goal. Was a dump of a ground
Old 21-01-2015, 03:38 PM

dan1 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worlddan1 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worlddan1 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worlddan1 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worlddan1 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worlddan1 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worlddan1 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worlddan1 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worlddan1 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worlddan1 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the worlddan1 was playing in the snow, was banging on the doors;  climbed up on the roof, the roof of the world
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyB View Post
League cup away at Man Utd - must have been 2nd round as it was over two legs think we lost both 1 or 2 nil..would have been late 80's recall mcClair scoring for them!!
Was that in the 85/86 season. I think we lost both games 1-0 in the 2nd round when it was over 2 legs. Peter Barnes scored for them at Palace in the 1st leg
Old 21-01-2015, 03:43 PM
Bombaye...

Norvun Mankey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorvun Mankey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorvun Mankey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorvun Mankey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorvun Mankey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorvun Mankey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorvun Mankey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorvun Mankey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorvun Mankey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorvun Mankey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNorvun Mankey : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Think mine was the FA Cup 1st Round 2-2 draw at the Gallstone Nov 77 (76?)
Old 21-01-2015, 03:50 PM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by strolling bones View Post
Brighton.. 1974/5 .. A huge initiation into the boot boy culture as we left the ground.. My father layed a seaweed out as he tried to nick my scarf . He hit him so hard it stopped his big brave mates dead in their tracks ..then the palace boys got them .. Think we drew .. I remember a few of the lads at school sporting some cuts and bruises as well .
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Was that the game where just before kick off a couple/few Palace fans ran across the pitch and there were Police dogs in amongst us palace fans, barking away as the game went on?
I have since discovered that after posting this, that my good friend Suffolk Eagle (I did not know him at the time) was one of the ones running across the pitch to get at the Brighton fans. I am pleased to report he has grown up since those days and become a respectable member of society
Old 21-01-2015, 09:40 PM

Eaglez : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglez : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglez : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglez : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglez : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglez : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglez : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglez : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglez : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglez : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineEaglez : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Sheff Wednesday away roughly 1989/1990 2-2 draw they scored last minute
Old 22-01-2015, 06:44 PM

Am Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is hereAm Phibian Sam the man is here
Gillingham 1975 or 76. Aged 10 or 11. First experience of a nasty mob. Don't know if was us or them but the stampede had me, my dad and my uncle holding on to some railings for dear life as they swept by.
Old 23-01-2015, 03:32 AM

Palaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceboy222 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by meee View Post

My first away one too. Although i was in the wrong end

(I'm ignoring a 3-1 pre season win at wycombe in 1998)

The Palace Addiction.
A fans eye view of the 09/10 season.
Available in the club shop and online store as a paperback, as well as Amazon as a paperback and ebook. 7.99 as a PB, 3.99 as an ebook.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/s/ref...x=the+palace+a
Old 23-01-2015, 04:26 AM

kyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
aldershot 1975 lost 1 nil danny westwood 44th minute
heatbreak
i quickly learnt , it aint easy being a Palace fun .
Palace until i die
Old 23-01-2015, 04:28 AM

kyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am Phibian View Post
Gillingham 1975 or 76. Aged 10 or 11. First experience of a nasty mob. Don't know if was us or them but the stampede had me, my dad and my uncle holding on to some railings for dear life as they swept by.
i was there mate , tuesday night game , lost 1 nil ( hope my menmory is right)
Old 23-01-2015, 09:32 AM

ammiller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineammiller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineammiller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineammiller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineammiller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineammiller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineammiller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineammiller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineammiller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineammiller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineammiller : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
39 years ago tomorrow.
Leeds 0 Crystal Palace 1

Thanks Dad x
Old 23-01-2015, 09:38 AM

strawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstrawberry mivi came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Huddersfield, the old ground.
January 1986.
Google says it was 0-0,
Not a memorable game, I don't remember anything about it at all.
Old 23-01-2015, 12:48 PM

neilncc is south London and proudneilncc is south London and proudneilncc is south London and proudneilncc is south London and proudneilncc is south London and proudneilncc is south London and proudneilncc is south London and proudneilncc is south London and proudneilncc is south London and proudneilncc is south London and proudneilncc is south London and proud
Nottingham Forest 1980 lost 4-0 last game of the season played crap and Trevor Francis broke his leg i think. terrible game