Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 27-07-2017, 05:40 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Ipswich 1-2 Palace.

AJ and that Butterfield bow.

Who says we can't win in a black kit?
Old 27-07-2017, 07:02 PM
Banned by Moderators

Se9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSe9 eagles came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez View Post
Sheff Wednesday away roughly 1989/1990 2-2 draw they scored last minute
Heartbreaking after being 2-0 up.It was like the Alamo at the end when they got a penalty.Would have been our first away win of that season.Really upset at the time and one of those games I will never forget
Old 27-07-2017, 07:20 PM

Maiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogburger View Post
Stoke City FA cup I think about 71 . It was a draw , the replay at Selhurst was a draw as well ,Don Rodgers missed a pen and I think we lost the 2nd replay at Villa Park .

Went with a schoolpal and his aunt who was a regular on Coach one (we were on coach 2)
I think that was Sheff Wed in 1973 - Certainly Don Rogers wasn't at Palace in 1971 - 4th Round FA Cup
1-1 at Hillsborough (My First away game, incidentally)
1-1 at SP
2-3 at Villa Park
Old 27-07-2017, 07:29 PM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is hereBig Gav Sam the man is here
First one I can remember was Charlton away in our promotion season in 1979. Was a 1-1 draw and I remember we was mixed in the home end with loads of other Palace as I think the then away stand was closed for some reason. Next game was Orient away a few weeks later. Two great experiences!
Old 27-07-2017, 07:33 PM

wymondhameagle is playing for a contract
Brentford, September 1963. Lost 1-2.
Old 27-07-2017, 07:34 PM

Sodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Either Leeds away towards the end of the season (88?) when we beat them to finish their outside play off hopes (scary as a 16 year old) or Bournemouth away (not sure if earlier that season or the next one; I think we lost but I am not sure, it was my first away game with alcohol!)
Old 27-07-2017, 07:35 PM

Sodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSodermalm came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodermalm View Post
Either Leeds away towards the end of the season (88?) when we beat them to finish their outside play off hopes (scary as a 16 year old) or Bournemouth away (not sure if earlier that season or the next one; I think we lost but I am not sure, it was my first away game with alcohol!)
Maybe Leeds was March/April 89? Anybody know?
Old 27-07-2017, 08:05 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Stockport 2001.
Old 27-07-2017, 08:27 PM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe85 View Post
Stockport 2001.
If that was your first away game I feel sorry for you as it doesn't get much better than that.
Old 27-07-2017, 08:31 PM
Is on dis ting.

dannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I'm pretty sure it was Arsenal away 1994-95 2-1 win.
"They will always have this. They will always have those two exquisite moments of silence. No matter what happens against Watford at Wembley, no matter whether they make it to the promised land, the night when the Amex Stadium fell quiet will enter into Crystal Palace folklore, into legend."
Old 27-07-2017, 08:31 PM

WLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is hereWLYWLYAWYPWF Sam the man is here
Shrewsbury away 03/10/1987. Lost 2-0 and it was shit. Phil Barber played right back at one point. That's how bad things were. The funniest part of the day was completely unacceptable in today's day and age The Asian linesman had the chant of "is your Datsun parked outside?" directed at him. I think even he was laughing.
Old 27-07-2017, 08:57 PM

Braintree Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraintree Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraintree Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraintree Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraintree Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraintree Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraintree Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraintree Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraintree Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraintree Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBraintree Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Grimsby away in about 1984. It was December (I think) and we won 3-1! Travelled by myself and all my mates thought I was nuts because we were generally so shite! I think Andy Gray scored and maybe Phil Barber??
Old 27-07-2017, 09:06 PM
Once More Into The Fray

Joe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is hereJoe85 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WLYWLYAWYPWF View Post
If that was your first away game I feel sorry for you as it doesn't get much better than that.

Genuinely was. First ever season ticket when i was 15. No idea why my family chose Stockport as the first away game but what a choice.

After that, did every single away game in the 01/02 season.

Hillsborough was better, A, because i was older and completely wankered, and B, because i generally remember it being a better game of football.
Old 27-07-2017, 09:15 PM
Man of the weld

Pat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Pompey. Would have been the 89-90 season I suppose. I bought that horrible yellow away shirt for the occasion. Virgin on the front, Admiral or Bukta, can't remember.
I think we won, but I can't be sure.
Old 27-07-2017, 09:40 PM

jaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is herejaspercpfc Sam the man is here
Southampton November 1990 - Shaw Scored an own goal in front of the away following after 40 seconds. Wright was unplayable and we recorded a 3-2 win
Old 27-07-2017, 10:04 PM
Keep St George

King William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKing William came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspercpfc View Post
Southampton November 1990 - Shaw Scored an own goal in front of the away following after 40 seconds. Wright was unplayable and we recorded a 3-2 win
Great game that one

Cool finish from Shaw

Blaugrana al vent,
un crit valent
Tenim un nom, el sap tothom
Barça, Barça, Barça
Old 27-07-2017, 10:55 PM

orp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is hereorp pisshead1 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by King William View Post
Great game that one

Cool finish from Shaw
It was , we arrived from the pub early as we was just about on the terrace as it went in.

1979 Arsenal my first away game or was it 80? 1-1 anyway and Francis misses a pen
Old 27-07-2017, 11:25 PM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
Reading 0 Palace 0. New Years Day, 1977.

Memories: It was fecking freezing. It was a crap match. Seeing as Elm Park was only the the 2nd football ground I'd ever been to, it made me reappraise Selhurst as a some kind of South London Maracana. There was a couple of coachloads of Southampton fans there whose match elsewhere had been postponed who decided to turn up and spend the afternoon goading the Palace support about the previous season's FA Cup semi final. You can't imagine that being allowed nowadays. They got away with it too as far as my youthful eyes could tell.

Subsequent retrospectives about the era reminded me that Reading fielded a player called Robin Friday who misty-eyed nostalgics would have you believe was a cross between George Best and Keith Richards. I saw him play against us the following season for Cardiff too and and if ever a player didn't live up to the hype, it was him. Similarities with Best started and ended with the sideburns. The fact that his career ended long before his 30th birthday is about the closest he got.
Old 28-07-2017, 12:47 AM

laths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minelaths : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Not 100% sure. Might have been Spurs away in 1971, that **** Mullery scored a blinder lost 3 nil I think, no actual palace mob in those days but a lot were in the ground I seem to remember. You could walk round 3/4 qtrs of the ground in those days and Tottenham had a right crew then .
Old 28-07-2017, 01:13 AM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden Eagle View Post
I think that was Sheff Wed in 1973 - Certainly Don Rogers wasn't at Palace in 1971 - 4th Round FA Cup
1-1 at Hillsborough (My First away game, incidentally)
1-1 at SP
2-3 at Villa Park
Went to that game at Hillsborough - first and last time I ever went to a Palace away game by coach... it was a really weird experience. Back half was full of spaced out grungy types all drugged out on something, and popping pills on the way home.