Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club Memory Lane

Notices

Memory Lane Memories and nostalgia about Crystal Palace F.C

Old 28-07-2017, 02:54 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuqi32 View Post
QPR 6-0 Palace.

Couldn't get much worse
Spurs 5 Palace 0 (I think) Fa Cup 4th Rd after we had beat Forest in the 3rd Rd at Selhurst.
Old 28-07-2017, 03:32 AM
Ex-Connecticut

CT_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCT_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCT_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCT_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCT_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCT_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCT_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCT_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCT_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCT_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietCT_Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
v Leeds at Elland Rd. 1971. Lost 2-1.
Old 28-07-2017, 06:56 PM

Marcknucks : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarcknucks : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarcknucks : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarcknucks : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarcknucks : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarcknucks : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarcknucks : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarcknucks : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarcknucks : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarcknucks : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMarcknucks : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Leeds United away in the F A Cup 1975. Won 1-0
Old 28-07-2017, 07:15 PM

Palace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalace121 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Everton Vs Palace in 2005. Not an ideal first game. 4-0. Even bloody James Vaughan scored!
Old 28-07-2017, 07:24 PM
Slowing Down Member

westsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietwestsussexeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
At the Goldstone in the deepest of harsh mid winters 1963 ish. One of a few games played that weekend. Won 2-1 and I think David Burnside scored the winner.
Old 28-07-2017, 07:37 PM
Shot by both sides

Sam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is hereSam Spade Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
Spurs 5 Palace 0 (I think) Fa Cup 4th Rd after we had beat Forest in the 3rd Rd at Selhurst.
Pretty sure that was (only) 4-0. Gary O'Reilly who had just joined us, formerly of Spurs for whom he had never scored, put one through his own net.
Left the ground with memorable chant of;
When Geoff,
steps up,
to lift the FA Cup,
We'll be dead,
We'll be dead.
Old 28-07-2017, 07:57 PM

spiny norman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespiny norman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespiny norman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespiny norman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespiny norman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespiny norman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespiny norman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespiny norman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespiny norman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespiny norman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minespiny norman : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The Den,15th October 1966 drew 1-1. Kember scored to put us in front and Dunphy got their leveller.
Went with my Uncle by train from Norwood Jct,it was packed.
Palace wore tangerine shirts ala Blackpool!
Old 28-07-2017, 08:00 PM

Maiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is hereMaiden Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
Pretty sure that was (only) 4-0. Gary O'Reilly who had just joined us, formerly of Spurs for whom he had never scored, put one through his own net.
When Geoff,
steps up,
to lift the FA Cup,
We'll be dead,
We'll be dead.
It was 4-0, I was there and I can confirm Gary O'Reilly bulleted one into his own goal ! Me and my Father were actually in the posh seats, with the most arrogant Spurs fans you can imagine and my Dad spent most of the game trying to stop me getting wound up, by these goading gits.
Imagine my suprise (after the 4th goal went in) when my Dad started scuffling with the bloke next to him - When I asked him what he was doing, he said something like 'they got on my bloody nerves, in the end' !
Forward about 3 years and we won there 1-0, with Super Al heading the winner and although neither of us went, my Dad was straight on the phone after the game saying 'I wonder how those arrogant ***** are feeling ATM!!'
Old 28-07-2017, 08:35 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiden Eagle View Post
It was 4-0, I was there and I can confirm Gary O'Reilly bulleted one into his own goal ! Me and my Father were actually in the posh seats, with the most arrogant Spurs fans you can imagine and my Dad spent most of the game trying to stop me getting wound up, by these goading gits.
Imagine my suprise (after the 4th goal went in) when my Dad started scuffling with the bloke next to him - When I asked him what he was doing, he said something like 'they got on my bloody nerves, in the end' !
Forward about 3 years and we won there 1-0, with Super Al heading the winner and although neither of us went, my Dad was straight on the phone after the game saying 'I wonder how those arrogant ***** are feeling ATM!!'
I was at that game, first big derby we'd had in a few years. It did get a bit tasty - all mouth, as far as I recall.
Old 28-07-2017, 08:40 PM

Groinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGroinstrain : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Arsenal 3 - 2 Palace, April 1981; remember Price scoring for us and lots of fighting!
Old 28-07-2017, 10:02 PM
Crow Counting

FourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFourtyTwo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Think my first game not at Selhurst may well have been Villa Park on that day. Not strictly an away game, but still
Old 29-07-2017, 01:19 AM

ElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is hereElwissAtMemphis Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Spade View Post
When Geoff,
steps up,
to lift the FA Cup,
We'll be dead,
We'll be dead.
It was ...

"When Jim goes up
to lift The FA Cup
we'll be dead."

Geoff Thomas was still at Crewe. He signed the following Summer.
Old 29-07-2017, 03:03 AM
never beat the ninja

Eric's Headband put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallEric's Headband put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallEric's Headband put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallEric's Headband put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallEric's Headband put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallEric's Headband put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallEric's Headband put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallEric's Headband put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallEric's Headband put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallEric's Headband put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallEric's Headband put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
Charlton 2-0 win 1990 at selhurst
Old 29-07-2017, 10:19 AM

LN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLN1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Was also my first game, Chelsea away in 1982 stood in the Shed end with a Chelsea mate of mine. Luckily for me it was 0-0 draw.
Old 29-07-2017, 10:23 AM

EmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietEmmerGreenEagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric's Headband View Post
Charlton 2-0 win 1990 at selhurst
Andy Thorn's debut I think
Old 30-07-2017, 11:19 AM

Zimeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZimeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZimeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZimeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZimeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZimeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZimeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZimeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZimeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZimeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineZimeagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
QPR in the early 1960's. Lost 4-0.
Old 30-07-2017, 06:58 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
3-1 win away at Fulham in 1974. We got relegated to Div 3 that year. Been a glory hunter ever since.

(F8ck me, I'm getting old!)
Old 30-07-2017, 07:20 PM
Jog on........

NRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNRM the 2nd came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Wolves 0 3 palace. Tuttle with a meatball header and 2 from dyer
Old 30-07-2017, 07:47 PM

nicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnicknackpalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Brighton away - mid 70's.
Can't remember the score. It was either a match v early in the season or a preseason friendly - July or august.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:38 AM
Veteran

JJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJJ came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
First one I had to travel to* was WBA 1 Palace 0 in about 1987 I think. I only used to go to home games before that.

*Pretty sure I went to the away games v Clowns at SP.