Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 10-11-2014, 10:21 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Did you see the score in the Corofin v Aughawillan Connacht semi final? Jaysis.

Omagh beating Crossmaglen was a turn up for the books.

St Vincents look strong again, but Garrycastle are a good side.

Check out the finalists in the Connacht JFC. I read somewhere that one of the Achill lads was saying that they have it tough on their island but at least we have a bridge!

Last edited by Selhurst Celtic; 11-11-2014 at 10:28 AM.
Old 10-11-2014, 11:05 PM
Man of the weld

Pat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
Did you see the score in the Corofin v Aughawillan Connacht semi final? Jaysis.

Omagh beating Crossmaglen was a turn up for the books.

St Vincents look strong again, but Garrycastle are a good side.

Check out the finalists in the Connacht JFC. I read somewhere that one of the Achill lads was saying that they have it tough on the Ireland but at least we have a bridge!
Yeah. A mad score.
What do you think about trying to get the fixtures finished up earlier? I quite like the Paddy's day final, it's a good day out now there's no Railway cup.
Old 10-11-2014, 11:44 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Part of St Patrick's Day is watching the Parish sides knock bells out of each other with Irish commentary from TG4 and sucking back on pints of the black stuff.

The Railway Cup should be pushed more. I'd prefer it to the punch fest that is the International Rules vs the Australian professionals.
Old 11-11-2014, 12:38 AM

sherrifbart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherrifbart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherrifbart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherrifbart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherrifbart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherrifbart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherrifbart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherrifbart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherrifbart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherrifbart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsherrifbart came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Hi, Regarding an earlier post,you mentioned that there are a few other Sligo folk on the bbs.I have recently returned home after 54 years of living in South Croydon,and have been supporting Palace since 1959,Its about the only thing i really miss since we left,and i havent yet met or seen a single Palace fan (or seen the shirt) since we came back.We live in Gurteen,and the only supporters we meet are Man.utd.fans,and it is pleasing to know that there is a Palace presence in my home town.I wear my shirt around home,or Trekking around Sligo,but never a sign of another.Heres hoping a few more Sligo Eagles go public soon.Best regards.Bart.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:42 AM

Good luck with the move home, Bart.

Palace Sligo lads include gilesy14 & Palacebhoy from the BBS.

Is JJeagle Sligo as well?

Ex Palace Kieran Dijali was at Sligo Rovers recently but think he's moved on to Stab City I think.

Great pints in McDermotts in Castlebaldwin. The Cogan's from there come to a few Palace matches with me, despite one of them playing for Millwall once upon a time.

Fingers crossed Kevin Walsh does the business as Galway's new bainisteoir. He always had a number on the Tribe when he was in charge of the Yeats Men. And was a fine midfielder for Galway when we were winning All Irelands. (He togged out for Killanin in a recent Championship match due to an injury crisis & played well. Not bad for a 45 year old.)
Old 12-11-2014, 09:37 PM

Nabbed this off Joe.ie

A lad strapped a video camera to his helmet for a hurling training session. Shame it was only for 41 seconds.

Old 12-11-2014, 09:53 PM
Man of the weld

Pat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPat of the Palace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Jim, can you post a clickable link? All I see on this poxy phone is a black square. Ta
Old 12-11-2014, 09:58 PM
Man of the weld

The best fish I ever had was in Sligo.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 12-11-2014, 09:59 PM

Try this:

Or from source:

Old 12-11-2014, 10:04 PM
Man of the weld

Ha ha. Quality. Brings it all flooding back. (especially getting floored at the end)
Old 24-11-2014, 12:59 PM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
Anyone watch the first round of the International Rules?

Not sure what effect the rule changes had, but at least it seems more competitive from the scoreline (ddin't watch, but followed updates).
Old 24-11-2014, 04:02 PM

I didn't see any of it, and to be honest I didn't even make an effort. I fell out of love with the International/Compromise rules thing.

Corofin come out of Connacht after beating Ballintubber. They'll play Tir Chonaill Gaels in London on the 14th December. I hope they wipe the floor with TCG.
Rhode will play St Vincents to see who comes out of Leinster. Garycastle gave the Dubs a right rattle by all accounts.

Munster & Ulster finals next week:
Austin Stacks v The Nire
Omagh v Slaughtneil,

Kilmallock come out of Munster in the hurling after extra time.
The carry-on in Galway (what a suprise) is holding up the rest of the hurling.
Old 12-12-2014, 10:56 PM
Man of the weld

Have Rhode any chance against Vincent's? I've seen odds of 4's and 5's to one. It'll hardly be that much of a walkover?
Old 15-12-2014, 03:26 PM

They were unbackable, same as TCG v Corofin. I didn't get up to Ruislip yesterday but it was a fairly brutal match by all accounts, only lit up by Sice in the second half.

St Vincent's v Corofin has the potential to be a good semi final; an irresistible force paradox, if you'll allow me to get a bit flowery.
Austin Stacks v Slaughtneil in the other semi.

Gort humbled the Port(umna) with 2 very late goals. I know a few Gort lads who headed home for the match. I haven't heard from them since just before throw in, so I suspect that they're still enjoying themselves.
Big ask against Ballyhale Shamrocks in the semi but I believe they can do it.
Kilmallock v Portaferry in the other semi final.

My predictions:
Vincent's for the big ball.
Gort for the small.
Old 05-01-2015, 08:44 AM
Man of the weld

Tasty encounter in the McKenna

Old 08-01-2015, 03:06 PM

They love a battle those two.

Pat, have you seen this snippet from Waterford Whispers on a similar theme?

Old 12-01-2015, 08:10 PM
Man of the weld

quality. Digs and heavy deadeners.
Old 23-02-2015, 02:47 PM

A bit late to the show, but cracking win for Corofin against St Vincents. That Lundy is a fine player.
And Slaughtneil beating Austin Stacks was another shock. Best of luck to both sides on St Patrick's Day.

And the Hurling final will be between Kilmallock & Ballyhale Shamrocks.

Pat, Laois play Galway in Tuam in the league on Sunday. My old lad will be at it, so I'll be sure to instruct him to roar muck at the O'Moore men from the sideline.
Old 01-03-2015, 05:20 PM
Man of the weld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
A bit late to the show, but cracking win for Corofin against St Vincents. That Lundy is a fine player.
And Slaughtneil beating Austin Stacks was another shock. Best of luck to both sides on St Patrick's Day.

And the Hurling final will be between Kilmallock & Ballyhale Shamrocks.

Pat, Laois play Galway in Tuam in the league on Sunday. My old lad will be at it, so I'll be sure to instruct him to roar muck at the O'Moore men from the sideline.
Ha! Just saw this. Shame it was called off.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:58 PM
Man of the weld

How the hell did Galway let it slip against Down? 6 points out of the last 7? They must have thought it was in the bag. Good win for the Laois lads, Roscommon should stick to playing pool