Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

View Poll Results: MOTM v Wolves
Guaita 5 1.34%
Wan-Bissaka 21 5.63%
Sakho 148 39.68%
Tomkins 13 3.49%
Van Aanholt 3 0.80%
Kouyaté 7 1.88%
McArthur 35 9.38%
Milivojevic 16 4.29%
J Ayew * 35 9.38%
Townsend 82 21.98%
Zaha 7 1.88%
Wickham * 1 0.27%
Voters: 373. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-01-2019, 12:39 AM
AWM V 42 124,125

Brummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is here
Wolves v Palace

Why's nobody started this

Old 03-01-2019, 12:42 AM

palace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietpalace_burger came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Roy 10 me 0 ... I was desperate to see Wickham on for Ayew and how wrong I was!
Old 03-01-2019, 12:47 AM
AWM V 42 124,125

Brummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is hereBrummie Allan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by palace_burger View Post
Roy 10 me 0 ... I was desperate to see Wickham on for Ayew and how wrong I was!
Yes, he made us all in the stand look a bit silly but that's why he stands in the technical box.

Old 03-01-2019, 12:48 AM
Got any nuts?

Wolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is hereWolfnipplechips Sam the man is here
Townsend puts in a fantastic shift week after week.
Old 03-01-2019, 12:51 AM
Attending since 1972

R&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineR&B Glazier : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Disrespectful of the fans, I'm so glad Roy was proven correct.
Old 03-01-2019, 12:53 AM

kyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekyrieagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfnipplechips View Post

So true . Also McArthur
Old 03-01-2019, 01:04 AM

dan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdan27 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sakho was different class today, both on the ball and in defence. Made at least 2 last ditch tackles to bail us out of real danger.

It could have been better.
Old 03-01-2019, 01:04 AM

READING EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineREADING EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineREADING EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineREADING EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineREADING EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineREADING EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineREADING EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineREADING EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineREADING EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineREADING EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineREADING EAGLE : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Ayew even without goal today was the difference from lack lists attack
Chased and defended from front
Old 03-01-2019, 01:05 AM

averity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietaverity came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Sakho mom for me, Tompkins luka and Jimmy Mac also good. Enjoyable result, cold night
Old 03-01-2019, 01:06 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
That he does. Very consistent high performer!.....

I still voted for Sakho today though
Old 03-01-2019, 01:07 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by READING EAGLE View Post
Ayew even without goal today was the difference from lack lists attack
Chased and defended from front
Yep, that's what I saw
Old 03-01-2019, 01:07 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Given the last 4 halves ifs deserved. Better than wolves and so it proved for once!

Guaita 6.5: a couple of smart moments but nothing massive. His distribution is not great.

AWB 7: decent though got away with a dodgy decision to let it bounce

Tomkins 7.5 solid again

Sakho 8.5 MOTM, solid and out to intercept anyhing that threatened

Pva 7: solid and threatening

Jimmy 8: everywhere 3 games in 8 or so. Quality on the ball and clever off it

Luka 7.5 very good today on the ball ans off it. Another well taken pen

Kouyate 7: good overall. Looked dome at the end but never poor

Townsend 8: he was excellent. Chased everything and our biggest threat second half

Ayew 8: chased everything. Fantastic comtrol and a good finish for the goal

Zaha 7: poor start but a better player as the fame goes on
Old 03-01-2019, 01:11 AM

macstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietmacstar came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by R&B Glazier View Post
Disrespectful of the fans, I'm so glad Roy was proven correct.
Not really. Hes been slow making subs and Ayew looked out on his feet...before he scored.

Obviously happy he stayed on though
Old 03-01-2019, 01:43 AM
Puncheon above our weight

sydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is heresydney eagle Sam the man is here
Andros for me. Ran his socks off and troubled them all game. Whipped a few nice crosses in too
Old 03-01-2019, 01:50 AM

chateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietchateauferret came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Guaita 7 not much to do but good save from a deflected shot and generally solid
Wan-Bissaka 7 generally sound couple of iffy moments
Tomkins 7 conceded one good chance to Wolves otherwise solid
Sakho 8 determined not to let anything pass
van Aanholt 7 I suppose that mishit shot goes down as an assist :-)
McArthur 8 energetic and hard-working
Milivojevic 7 usual authority in midfield and emphatic penalty, forced a good save too
Kouyate 7 worked his socks off, unglamorous enforcer performance
Townsend 8 hard-working and determined as ever
Ayew 7 poor again in the first half but showed in the second some real class including the goal
Zaha 7 took some time to grow into the game but last quarter of an hour gave their defenders all sorts of trouble and forced a penalty at the end

Hodgson 8 right about the selection and substitutions and we were all full of s***
Old 03-01-2019, 02:34 AM
Oh No!

AJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is hereAJ Sam the man is here
I was unable to watch this live as I will working so I used the BBS match day thread to keep up to date. Big mistake, as I drove home from work I was under the impression that we were terrible and it wasn't worth watching. I went ahead and watched it anyway and we were actually very good. What we did was defend from the front and Ayew and Townsend especially and even Wilf prevented the Wolves back 3 from having time on the ball and stopping them distributing as they normally do, this was seen as poor by Wolves fans but it was the Palace tactics which contributed greatly to limiting how Wolves played. Saying that, we certainly missed a real CF up top.

Guiata 7 - 1 save at the end and did it to perfection. Distribution wasn't perfect but not terrible.
Wan-Bissaka 8 - what a player he is becoming, even since the MC game he is starting to look like a real attacking full back and now has the confidence to beat his player and put crosses in. A couple of mistakes but no bad for a player with about 25 games under his belt.
PvA - 7 better from him than recent, it still too many mis-placed passes in the first half. Got an assist
Tomkins 8 - Solid
Sahko 8 - Solid
Luka 8 - excellent and another PK
Kouyate 7 - industrial
McArthur 7 -lots of hard work
Andros 8 - So much hard work, cause Wolves so many problems and defended well.
Ayew 8 - So much hard work off the ball and good goal. His first touch was sublime. Look real emotional after it went it. Best game for us by a mile, I wonder if that will be his last.
Wilf 7 - worked hard and looked much better out wide.

Wickham 6 - another run out, although we could have done with him in the middle for a lot of the game.
Old 03-01-2019, 03:19 AM

Nuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNuts : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
That he does. Someone on the transfer window page suggested we swap Townsend for Shelvey. I couldn’t think of a worse deal myself.
Old 03-01-2019, 04:03 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
That is indeed nuts.
Old 03-01-2019, 07:18 AM

bubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is herebubbs11 Sam the man is here
Thought AWB at times was amazing going forward. Twists, turns and creates space in possession. Seems to do the right things at the right time more often than not. What a player. I’d say at the halfway stage, he’s pushing close for our Player of the Year, and wouldn’t be surprised to see him there or there abouts in the PFA young player of the year.

“Supporting Palace has a certain cult value – like pretending that some Peruvian rock band is the best in the world.”
- John Peel
Old 03-01-2019, 07:23 AM

Kai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKai came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Solid all around performance, and again we show that we are very good in defence and off the ball. Sakho was immense and they all put a shift in.