Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 19-09-2013, 10:01 AM
el ballothundero

kiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
There's nothing really that gory tbh. I'd say it should be a 15 at worst. There is violence and involves a lot of sword/axe/mace play which you also get in Asssassin's Creed.

Turning Wright Facebook Page

Turning Wright on Etsy

Maker of pens, turner of wood
Old 19-09-2013, 10:01 AM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike View Post
I've had some heated discussions with my son about this game.
He is 12 and wants to get a copy (and one for a friend for their birthday).

I saw that it was rated 18 by PEGI and have refused, he is telling me it is not that bad!
He has some other games that are 15 (by BBFC), such as Assassins Creed and Halo.

Any views / advice on how violent / gory it is, and am I being a stubborn old fool?
Is Skyrim rated 18?

It honestly isn't that bad. There are blood splatters on the floor/walls if you hit someone with a sword, etc, and you can see arrows stuck in people and the same with ice if you use a certain spell, but that's about it really. No bad language or anything else. The most gory I'd say it gets is when you manage to kill someone by cutting their head off, but that's really rare.
Old 19-09-2013, 01:48 PM

spike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Apparently it is/was a 15 on the BBFC ratings, but the latest release is rated 18 by PEGI.
So far today he's both emailled and phoned me at work to try to get me to change my mind.
Old 19-09-2013, 01:56 PM
el ballothundero

kiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietkiralyspyjamas came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The latest add ons might be 18, but the original game is only a 15

Turning Wright on Etsy

Old 19-09-2013, 01:57 PM
No longer a student

StudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStudentEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Have to agree, I don't recall it being very gory at all, and certainly no worse than Assassin's Creed. A lot of the time you're killing non-human things too, again unlike Assassin's Creed.

Strava profile
Old 19-09-2013, 01:59 PM
Is on dis ting.

dannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyboy1807 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Some of the killing is quite close-up at times but nothing out of the ordinary, no bad swearing ( F or C bombs are never said) no real sexual content the odd reference here and there.

it can be quite jumpy when you get attacked out of no-where and youre wondering what the bloody hell is going on.

I have no idea why it's rated 18.

I think your son will be ok.
"They will always have this. They will always have those two exquisite moments of silence. No matter what happens against Watford at Wembley, no matter whether they make it to the promised land, the night when the Amex Stadium fell quiet will enter into Crystal Palace folklore, into legend."
Old 15-10-2013, 07:48 AM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
This game still hasn't gotten boring...neither has Oblivion for that matter.
Old 15-10-2013, 08:08 AM
el ballothundero

Completed the main story a while ago, but still enjoy running around and smashing things up!

Turning Wright on Etsy

Old 15-10-2013, 08:18 AM
Its gonna be a lovely day

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malarkey View Post
This game still hasn't gotten boring...neither has Oblivion for that matter.
After playing part way through Oblivion on PC a while back, I'm now playing it on Xbox (I have in gaming PC anymore). It's excellent, even without the various mods I used to have.

Will try Skyrim next.
Old 15-10-2013, 09:11 AM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
So, I saw this for just over a tenner second hand somewhere the other day. Is it more Oblivion or Fallout? If it was a mix of the two, i'd be interested.

http://www.last.fm/user/the_paulo
Old 10-01-2014, 08:38 AM
100% CPFC.

Apparently Bethesda have a "special and exciting announcement" due on Sunday. Yesterday Skyrim was listed for PS4 and Xbox One on their site, but they're claiming it was a "bug"..Could Skyrim be coming to Next-Gen consoles? Hope so.

Old 10-01-2014, 09:07 AM

Heb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is hereHeb 7:4 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Apparently Bethesda have a "special and exciting announcement" due on Sunday. Yesterday Skyrim was listed for PS4 and Xbox One on their site, but they're claiming it was a "bug"..Could Skyrim be coming to Next-Gen consoles? Hope so.

Where it will still look only a quarter as good as on a PC
Old 10-01-2014, 02:32 PM
100% CPFC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
Where it will still look only a quarter as good as on a PC
I have the ps3 version, that looks ok to me
Old 10-01-2014, 05:16 PM

ffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineffsear : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I think its going to be Fallout 4 rather then a new elder scrolls

Remember your stake is 100% safe, guaranteed by me - you will NOT lose money!

Last edited by ffsear; 10-01-2014 at 05:22 PM.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:30 PM

Quote:
I have the ps3 version, that looks ok to me
I have the xbox. It's absolute gash compared to a modded PC

Am thinking of skipping these "next gen" consoles and just building a decent gaming PC.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:57 PM
'or 0=0'

The Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Omen came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heb 7:4 View Post
I have the xbox. It's absolute gash compared to a modded PC

Am thinking of skipping these "next gen" consoles and just building a decent gaming PC.
That's what I have done. Certainly don't regret it
Old 11-01-2014, 01:37 PM

Andrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAndrews69 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffsear View Post
I think its going to be Fallout 4 rather then a new elder scrolls
I will literally wet myself with excitement if it is Fallout 4.
Old 28-10-2016, 01:01 PM

Superfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSuperfly came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Antone got the new special edition?

I saw on Wednesday this was out & thought I'd dig out the old PS3 one and give it a whirl. I was seriously looking forward to it. Bunged it in the machine & it wouldn't play. Went out yesterday and bought a bluray disc cleaner - tried it last night, nothing. Went out this lunchtime and bought a PS4 (and of course the new Skyrim).

When I said I was looking forward to playing it, I wasn't kidding
Old 28-10-2016, 06:06 PM
Pure Codology

SE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is hereSE5eagle Sam the man is here
I've got it on the xbox, have installed a bunch of mods, but have to bed the kids and then the missus will doubtless want to watch hours and hours of unspeakable bilge, so will probably only get a chance after eleven tonight... dangerous...

Between this and Civilization VI, i've blown my annual game purchase budget in the space of two weeks.

:s

Sir Clinton Morrison
Old 28-10-2016, 06:21 PM
Old School Palace

Pistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is herePistol Knight Sam the man is here
Sounds like a new Porn Film
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Montana
Can you imagine the sky commentators making some reference to South Londoners enjoying their day out - cut to a 40 year old in full Palace kit dribbling whilst a mexican wave flies past.
http://www.fishfight.net
http://www.fsf.org.uk/

ST Holder:Block D: Lower Homesdale