Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 08-07-2016, 02:37 PM
Die seife bitte fräulein!

anti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf Boy View Post
If you lose your job, money becomes bloody important.
No chance of that now that we've taken back control. There will be loads of car washing, fruit picking, warehouse and van driving jobs about. I'm looking forward to full employment as all of the english people who have been unable to get them, those poor souls put aside by the evil dictatorial EU, shall flock to those tasks making Britain prosperous and great again.
Old 08-07-2016, 02:37 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
A very good article in the European section of today's Economist on why the EUs free movement is facing opposition. The areas south of Brittany were depressed and the shipyards were facing closure. Then 3 years ago they won some contracts for cruise liners. Oh good thought the locals but up to a third of the jobs went to Poles and Hungarians. You see the contractors employed were from those countries and hired staff as posted workers. This meant that they didn't have to pay locally agreed rates but were only obliged to pay the minimum wage from their original country. Nor did they have to pay high French social taxes, instead paying lower social taxes applicable in Hungary or Poland. A similar thing happens on construction sites in eastern Germany where local foreman get 19 euros an hour but Poles can be hired for a lot less. The EU tried to change this so that local wages were paid but 10 east European countries and for some reason Denmark blocked it. The French are trying to get it reinstated.
This is it. The EU system is not working for other members and with patience we could have continued to change it from within or (and more likely) as it slowly disintegrated we would have left it with our key trading partners. (bloke on QT put it quite well last night).

As it stands Brexit will probably either resolve the EU or (and again more likely) speed up the disintegration and the UK will always be blamed for it - forever.
Old 08-07-2016, 02:38 PM
techno sapiens

the drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is herethe drexciyan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Not really. I think most are fearing long term slowdown. Or at least those who are in business.
Pharma for one is in a bit of a quandary at the moment as the European Medicines Agency is based in London. That's not going to be an easy one to sort out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIMGb0p9hrQ
Old 08-07-2016, 02:39 PM

anti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
I am not referring solely to the BBS.

An example of what I meant was the apparent failure of the Remain leaders to sufficiently highlight to both London and, certain rural and depressed area voters, that those rural and depressed areas were net receivers of funding from the EU, and that the shortfall in funding would have to be plugged by richer areas such as London

As a second example, perhaps not enough political headway was made out of the claims on the 350 million bus poster apparently being overly "ambitious"

Maybe everybody knew the full details of these things but still voted to shoot themselves in the foot financially??
Did you spend the run in living in orbit with Tim Peake?
Old 08-07-2016, 02:42 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poosence View Post
The thing is that for all the talk about points based systems and border control, it's just not possible to 'control' our borders in the way being suggested by Farage et al. A cap on migration is pie in the sky in a logistical sense and you'd only know if you've kept to it after the event. Here's an interesting piece on realities of border controls:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
I 100% agree. I would not expect the brake to ever be lifted. The sheer volume of numbers has been because our economy has been doing so well and others are now (or were) beginning to catch up.

Less pull factors. The brake would only ever be there to appease the argument against unfettered immigration as opposed to actually being needed.
Old 08-07-2016, 02:45 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
Timbo: was the issue not so much that people were not told the facts and more so that they were told the facts but chose to ignore them. This mantra was then backed up by leave campaign diminishing the views of experty experts and project fear.

Rhetoric one the day - they had the best orators and an argument that cant be argued with as it was unsubstantiated.
Not sure I am following your wording with this but if voters were not given the facts, or were given the facts but chose to ignore them, either way the Remain campaign warrants criticism, even before one compares the quality of their orators and experts to those of Leave

With regard to your last para we still don't know how the decision will pan out for the country and we all hope it eventually comes to pass that a Leave vote proves justified for the majority of the UK, don't we.
Old 08-07-2016, 02:47 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-addick View Post
Did you spend the run in living in orbit with Tim Peake?
I have googled Tim Peake and can confirm I had no run in with him
Old 08-07-2016, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Wow, unbelievable if that is the case, but nonetheless suggests that Leave's "political" machinery worked better than Remain's. Surely they could have done more in the run up to the vote to expose what everyone, in the immediate aftermath, now believes to be BS?
It was known to be bullshit before and Gove said

Afterwards Arron Banks said

And voters said

This is why the result is so hard to stomach
Old 08-07-2016, 02:48 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
This is it. The EU system is not working for other members and with patience we could have continued to change it from within or (and more likely) as it slowly disintegrated we would have left it with our key trading partners. (bloke on QT put it quite well last night).

As it stands Brexit will probably either resolve the EU or (and again more likely) speed up the disintegration and the UK will always be blamed for it - forever.
The sad thing is that if the Visegrad 4 and Merkel had been a shade more flexible during Cameron's negotiations and the rules around the ability to claim in work benefits had been a little bit less one sided we might have voted to remain.
Old 08-07-2016, 02:57 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
That's the strawman thing isn't it? If you read that thread then you would realise that these issues have indeed been discussed. But instead of reading it you prefer to say that somehow the BBS must be wiser than the rest of the country, and that becomes the thrust of your retort.

It's not very good is it, when you have to construct an argument based on a fallacious indication that you draw from my post?
I see no strawman, I just commented on what you actually said. Anyway, I note your retraction/clarification and moreover offer my congratulations that your debating imagination is functioning as well as ever!!
Old 08-07-2016, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Not sure I am following your wording with this but if voters were not given the facts, or were given the facts but chose to ignore them, either way the Remain campaign warrants criticism, even before one compares the quality of their orators and experts to those of Leave

With regard to your last para we still don't know how the decision will pan out for the country and we all hope it eventually comes to pass that a Leave vote proves justified for the majority of the UK, don't we.
I don't really agree. Remain gave the facts (a lot of facts); leave told the voters to ignore the facts. Remain tried to then give more facts and they fell on deaf ears. Many many people chose to ignore the experts on purpose falling for 'Take back control', £350 mil to the nhs, nasty turkey joining the EU, and the land of milk and honey.

With regards to your second paragraph - yes i want it to work but not to justify the decision. I want it to work despite the decision so yes (as i feel that i will never be as socially rich as i was before) - I am back in the game and leading my team and clients to be positive against adversity. I have to confess to being out of the game for at least 10 days. I had no interest in any of it anymore for a brief period.
Old 08-07-2016, 02:59 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
I see no strawman, I just commented on what you actually said.
By your own admission, your comment was based on what you thought I was implying rather than what I said.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 08-07-2016, 03:01 PM

Quote:
The sad thing is that if the Visegrad 4 and Merkel had been a shade more flexible during Cameron's negotiations and the rules around the ability to claim in work benefits had been a little bit less one sided we might have voted to remain.
I don't think it would have had any effect tbh
Old 08-07-2016, 03:02 PM

Quote:
I think they felt that we were being cheeky as we already had the best deal out of all member states. They had a point but that's history.
Old 08-07-2016, 03:06 PM

cdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is here
Cocoa surge set to hit UK chocolate lovers

UK chocolate lovers are facing the prospect of their favourite confectionery becoming more expensive as the price for cocoa surged to levels not seen in almost four decades.
The pound’s plunge after the Brexit referendum has pushed up sterling-denominated cocoa traded in London this week to more than £2,500 a tonne for the first time since 1977. “The London market has become a direct function of the currency,” said Eric Sivry at commodity brokers Marex Spectron in London.
Old 08-07-2016, 03:06 PM

Nth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is hereNth Kent Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-addick View Post
I don't think it would have had any effect tbh
Maybe not but the Brexit margin was close. Cameron's demands were very mild but he was basically sent away with a flea in his ear. That unfortunately showed how the EU cannot be flexible. We are now going to see the ECB attack Spain and Portugal for failing to sufficiently reduce their budgets deputy Spain still having 19% unemployment.
Old 08-07-2016, 03:07 PM

cdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is herecdm61 Sam the man is here
So the pound is now the world's worst-performing major currency To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 08-07-2016, 03:08 PM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
I very much doubt it. Cameron's negotiations were a sideshow against the general issue of immigration, which was perceived as large (but only 5%).
Old 08-07-2016, 03:15 PM

swissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietswissroll came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Advice has been given today to a number of major companies by their legal advisors to start to prepare for an audit of staff and determine who will be eligible to continue to work in the UK.

Once that audit hits the staff go figure the 5hit storm that's going to follow.

Also advice is to start the analysis of costs of severance payments and implications of TUPE for moving staff.
Old 08-07-2016, 03:20 PM

So the stock market is up again today? Is that due to the good jobs figures coming out of the US?