Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 14-07-2016, 02:33 PM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Hopefully the media is used in a more clever way than previously, to promote inclusivity and condemn hate crime and moronic xenophobia.
Old 14-07-2016, 02:34 PM

Nth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglejez View Post
are you new here ?!
No obviously not. I just thing those talking us into recession need to be a bit more responsible as those with worse employment conditions than themselves will be the first to suffer. If there is a new recession we start from a position of 80% debt to GDP rather than 43% so it won't be possible to protect the most powerful groups this time.
Old 14-07-2016, 02:41 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Is there any evidence that you can talk a country into recession?
Old 14-07-2016, 02:46 PM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mik59 View Post
Put it this way. If you can talk a country into Brexit............
Old 14-07-2016, 02:49 PM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

elgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is hereelgin eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Princess Di is wearing a new dress...
Old 14-07-2016, 02:59 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
Princess Di is wearing a new dress...
Surely such news would raise consumer spending?
Old 14-07-2016, 03:12 PM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Isn't investment, for example, all about confidence?
Old 14-07-2016, 03:21 PM

Nth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
If everyone thinks that everyone else thinks there will be a recession they will all stop investing.
Old 14-07-2016, 03:25 PM
Wagon Painter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Isn't investment, for example, all about confidence?
I genuinely don't know but I'd been assuming that, while business & consumer confidence would be one factor that investors use in their risk assessments, it must also be true that other factors may cause confidence shifts rather than be created by them e.g. increase (or cuts) in public structural expenditure, a change in interest rate, price falls or rises, tax rates etc.
Old 14-07-2016, 03:36 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgin eagle View Post
Hopefully the media is used in a more clever way than previously, to promote inclusivity and condemn hate crime and moronic xenophobia.
yeah right!
Old 14-07-2016, 05:34 PM
Red Squirrel Ultras Rule

I see you have as low an opinion of it as I do.
Old 14-07-2016, 06:24 PM

delboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Over half the employment increase in the past year has been due to foreign nationals.
Jobs is jobs. And if foreign nationals had not taken them then our unemployment rate may have been lower.

Train the young. It ain't rocket science.

I fully expect to see some innovative changes coming out of the new administration. Including tax breaks for apprenticeships for starters.
Old 14-07-2016, 06:31 PM

eagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dieteagleborn came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by delboy01 View Post
Jobs is jobs. And if foreign nationals had not taken them then our unemployment rate may have been lower.

I fully expect to see some innovative changes coming out of the new administration. Including tax breaks for apprenticeships for starters.
I know it's a slight chicken and egg argument, but in genuinely curious if those who are currently unemployed (and may have voted out for immigration reasons) are willing to get off their arses and do the low paid, often menial jobs, that some immigrants were doing. Whilst trying not to generalise, the cynic in me suggests that a significant proportion may not be willing.
Old 14-07-2016, 06:36 PM

delboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is heredelboy01 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDawg View Post
Of course there are.

But what? Forget the EU. From where I'm sitting I am seeing companies starting to review spending plans cos they don't have a a clue and have no guidance on what Brexit will mean (other than the act of leaving the EU) because there is none. The settlement and re-boot with the rest of the world is not defined - and this could last for another two years. So there's a bit of cash hoarding going on to provide an buffer (particularly with SMEs) to ride out a recession if there is one. Trouble is, as seen in 08/9, this has a habit of feeding on itself. If we hoard cash and stop spending just in case and liquidity dries up then it's recession time and we move from people not being hired to people losing their jobs.

Trust me, the Bank of England aren't making this stuff up. The uncertainty around Brexit will cause a short term (we hope recession). Hopefully nobody gets bitten in the arse by ignoring the experts, but, ignoring the politics, this is a very real threat

So you say we can do things to boost the economy that the EU can't. Ignore the EU; we're leaving. Describe what these things are to boost the economy because they will be needed?
Well we can cut VAT, cut income tax, increase personal allowances, cut interest rates (which would lower the exchange rate), offer incentives to business, cut business rates. We now have control to do what we want and are not governed by the twats in Brussels.

As I said in a previous post government borrowing has dropped to 0.7% that's a record so if we are in so much trouble why are our borrowing rates at record lows?

The established economies of the world have been bouncing along at 1-2% growth anyway. Hardly a boom is it. IMO any recession will be a minor dip rather than a burst bubble like we had previously.

I also still believe that when the EU come to realise that playing hard ball with us will send Europe into recession they will think again.

Greece would bite your arm off to be able to do any of the above. They have no way of getting out of the brown stuff.

I'm also confident that the BOE and government will respond to the data and act accordingly.
Old 14-07-2016, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleborn View Post
I know it's a slight chicken and egg argument, but in genuinely curious if those who are currently unemployed (and may have voted out for immigration reasons) are willing to get off their arses and do the low paid, often menial jobs, that some immigrants were doing. Whilst trying not to generalise, the cynic in me suggests that a significant proportion may not be willing.
I know it's fashionable to criticise locals as lazy but at the end of the day I put a different perspective on it. Some areas of the workforce have faced more competition from high levels of inward migration than others. Generally these would be areas that require less skills and have lower barriers to entry. These, in my anecdotal experience, are the areas where I know people who have suffered from pay cuts, weaker terms and conditions, more periods without work and less overtime. These people are not lazy, in fact they often do physical work in difficult conditions rather than nice London office jobs. They may be wrong or right but I just don't think the political classes or the London commentariat understand that. They find it too easy to condemn the local established communities as being lazy and less hard working than migrants. There may well be some but I know so many decent, hard working youngish people out here in Kent who have been affected by the oversupply of unskilled and semi skilled labour in the local jobs market. Admittedly that has been reduced as we come away from the depression of 2008-9.
Old 14-07-2016, 06:43 PM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Quote:

Why?
It didnt before we went in, why now? Train the young? Laughable. Its another way of getting the unimployment figures down in Westminster.
Bloody ****, taking the jobs the lazy white trash wont do.

Just how many gobs, clambering for his knob? Must be the old chum brigade.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.
Old 14-07-2016, 06:44 PM
Wagon Painter

Quote:

You literally can't "take" a job.

Our number of long term unemployed is 462,000. The rest cycle in and out of work.

Foreign nationals aren't taking work that they could otherwise fill, especially the 60%+ of them that create their own work.

There are about 8 million young people and of those only about 400,000 are not in work or in education or training.

So while it isn't rocket science it doesn't seem to be maths that proves your point either.

Take out those foreign nationals then you simply have a smaller labour market and thus less jobs and thus less national income.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus mickus View Post
Why?
It didnt before we went in, why now? Train the young? Laughable. Its another way of getting the unimployment figures down in Westminster.
Bloody ****, taking the jobs the lazy white trash wont do.
Who are these lazy white trash you talk about?
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
I cant say ****? Lol.

Old 14-07-2016, 06:45 PM
I'm watching you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
Who are these lazy white trash you talk about?
People I know back in South London.