Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 15-07-2016, 10:27 AM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mik59 View Post
It's even more scary than that. Just take the reversion to WTO rules, even if that were just an interim measure. As the article mentions, all the trade terms are set out in schedules but we signed ours as an EU member so they won't apply. So we'll have to renegotiate them. All of them. With every WTO member.

Well we better crack on with it.

And as for bits like this...

Actually, it's against the law for EU member states (we'd still be an EU member state until the end of the two-year process) to conduct bilateral trade negotiations with other member states or countries. There might be wriggle room here. If the UK and the EU enter into negotiations in good faith they could authorise those talks.

What are the EU going to do? Arrest the Queen? LOL. We can start negoatiating with who we want now and hopefully are already.
Old 15-07-2016, 10:38 AM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat ov CPFC View Post
The EU comprises of 27 countries. It has a lot of voices and special interests to listen to.

When the UK sits down to have a chat with whoever, everything is that much simpler. That is why we will get deals done much quicker.
That's optimistic. Here's a guide from Oz on what's involved (& remember we have to sort our non-EU membership of WTO first). Worth remembering that it takes Oz a minimum of 2 years to get bilateral trade agreements. And they have experienced negotiators.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 15-07-2016, 10:43 AM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:

Actually, it's against the law for EU member states (we'd still be an EU member state until the end of the two-year process) to conduct bilateral trade negotiations with other member states or countries. There might be wriggle room here. If the UK and the EU enter into negotiations in good faith they could authorise those talks.

What are the EU going to do? Arrest the Queen? LOL. We can start negoatiating with who we want now and hopefully are already.
Oh come on Mat, you are more intelligent than that. We have no legal status to negotiate a trade deal. The WTO would not allow it & thus no country would negotiate with us. These are matters of legally binding international treaties.
Old 15-07-2016, 10:49 AM
An Alpha Deplorable.

Mat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietMat ov CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Oh come on Mat, you are more intelligent than that. We have no legal status to negotiate a trade deal. The WTO would not allow it & thus no country would negotiate with us. These are matters of legally binding international treaties.

No legal status? We are a sovereign nation. With a seat on the UN security council.

Remember how you stressed that to us all, time and time again, in the run up to the referendum? Or are you now saying that in fact we are not a sovereign nation?
Old 15-07-2016, 10:57 AM

Nth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
South Africa could be quite a big winner from Brexit. An increase in skilled worker migration to the UK, particularly in IT and easier and cheaper access for their fruit.
Old 15-07-2016, 11:14 AM
Wagon Painter

Quote:
No legal status? We are a sovereign nation. With a seat on the UN security council.

Remember how you stressed that to us all, time and time again, in the run up to the referendum? Or are you now saying that in fact we are not a sovereign nation?
You are winding me up aren't you? This is about WTO regulation of global trade. We are an individual member but joined as an EU member. No country will agree a trade deal with us without legally binding terms which are called schedules. We need to re-negotiate our WTO membership as a non-EU member and that means agreeing our schedules with every WTO member. They will not agree those schedules until they know our trading status including our relationship with the EU. This is important for our trade with the EU also as half our exports contain foreign components and there are rules governing those.
Old 15-07-2016, 11:24 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
You are winding me up aren't you? .
There is none so blind as them that won't see.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 15-07-2016, 11:31 AM

adrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is hereadrenalin john Sam the man is here
Quote:

Has someone been over-imbibing of the Dunkirk spirit?
Old 15-07-2016, 05:39 PM
Banned by Moderators

tuzza_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettuzza_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettuzza_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettuzza_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettuzza_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettuzza_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettuzza_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettuzza_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettuzza_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettuzza_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diettuzza_cpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Fukk the WTO.
Old 15-07-2016, 05:42 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
You are winding me up aren't you? This is about WTO regulation of global trade. We are an individual member but joined as an EU member. No country will agree a trade deal with us without legally binding terms which are called schedules. We need to re-negotiate our WTO membership as a non-EU member and that means agreeing our schedules with every WTO member. They will not agree those schedules until they know our trading status including our relationship with the EU. This is important for our trade with the EU also as half our exports contain foreign components and there are rules governing those.

We really are in the shit, aren't we.
Old 15-07-2016, 05:47 PM

Nth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietNth Kent Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
So who is going to want to sell us less products?
Old 15-07-2016, 05:54 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
I am enjoying Mats simplistic approach to all this. Who needs rules and all that bollox.
Old 15-07-2016, 05:59 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nth Kent Eagle View Post
So who is going to want to sell us less products?
Depends how difficult it is and whether the smaller volumes justify the difficulty.

All of this was known.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 15-07-2016, 07:33 PM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Cornish turkeys voted for Brexit.

Hard to feel sympathy, but then they were lied to by Boris, Gove and Loathsome.
Old 15-07-2016, 08:03 PM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
Cornish turkeys voted for Brexit.

Hard to feel sympathy, but then they were lied to by Boris, Gove and Loathsome.
Not as though they haven't had an education or the ability to access information to help make an informed decision.
Old 15-07-2016, 08:08 PM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
Not as though they haven't had an education or the ability to access information to help make an informed decision.
Exactly. We keep being told how Brexiters knew what they were voting for. They're very insistent on the subject.
Old 15-07-2016, 08:38 PM
Golden Oldie

Ruskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is hereRuskin Old Boy Sam the man is here
Doubt if they voted for this: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 15-07-2016, 08:49 PM
Wagon Painter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuzza_cpfc View Post
Fukk the WTO.
Good luck with that stance.

You want the UK to leave the WTO but still trade with WTO members? Then you need at least two thirds of the WTO to agree so pretty pointless and also economically damaging for a developed nation for whom exports are a third of our GDP.
Old 16-07-2016, 08:19 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskin Old Boy View Post
Doubt if they voted for this: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Yes, some friends of ours have lost their Mexico holiday and 2500.

Thanks Brexit.
Old 16-07-2016, 08:48 AM

The situation with that Italian bank is very serious with immense consequences.