Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 14-09-2018, 10:40 PM
Blighs Lane

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpalace View Post
Tried to persuade the wife to sell and go into rented semtember 2007. Alas she thought I was being all projectfear ...
If you believe Carnage it's best to sell now, rent and buy in 3years. Sell that to the wife.
Old 14-09-2018, 10:44 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by palacemetros View Post
If you don't mind me saying, his competition isn't up to much.
To be honest I dont have enough knowledge to compare him to other ones. All I can say his actions the week after the brexit vote, actions that negated to some extent his own foresights were excellent.

He managed to make himself look silly by handling it so well while we had no pm, no cabinet and total disarray. He defied his predictions by his actions.

Kudos.
Old 14-09-2018, 10:50 PM

Hpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is hereHpalace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintagain View Post
If you believe Carnage it's best to sell now, rent and buy in 3years. Sell that to the wife.
That ship sailed a year ago. I tried again last year and by the house price index Id have made another cool 42k already. Sadly my wife seems to think that where we live is a home and uprooting sticks whenever I call (so far correctly) a crash is irrelevant to having a home.

She has a point.
Old 14-09-2018, 10:54 PM
legit

foetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is here
Old 14-09-2018, 10:56 PM

palacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is herepalacemetros Sam the man is here
Quote:
To be honest I dont have enough knowledge to compare him to other ones. All I can say his actions the week after the brexit vote, actions that negated to some extent his own foresights were excellent.

He managed to make himself look silly by handling it so well while we had no pm, no cabinet and total disarray. He defied his predictions by his actions.

Kudos.
Or the sceptic might suggest that if you make a prepostrously bad prediction and then manage events that don't turn out so bad, you can ensure future kudos. If on the other hand, your poor predictions come to pass....How many quatrains did Nostradamus write?

Damn, I hate being a sceptic sometimes!
Old 14-09-2018, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foetus eagle View Post
2581 people agree. Dunstable is a shithole.
Old 14-09-2018, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by palacemetros View Post
Or the sceptic might suggest that if you make a prepostrously bad prediction and then manage events that don't turn out so bad, you can ensure future kudos. If on the other hand, your poor predictions come to pass....How many quatrains did Nostradamus write?

Damn, I hate being a sceptic sometimes!
His prediction pre the vote were namely.

1. A mini recession - wrong
2. A slump in the pound - right
3. Much higher inflation - right.

Sure he didn’t predict a global resurgence. Jees its like we want these guys to be soothsayesrs
Old 15-09-2018, 05:48 AM

sideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietsideburns7 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by fang View Post
Ok.

So what's your forecast Bamber?
I am a Plasterer ,not a banker ,so I am I am not that bothered
I've listened to it all before
No more boom and bust
Bullshitters
Old 15-09-2018, 06:06 AM

Jason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is hereJason Sam the man is here
Quote:
That ship sailed a year ago. I tried again last year and by the house price index Id have made another cool 42k already. Sadly my wife seems to think that where we live is a home and uprooting sticks whenever I call (so far correctly) a crash is irrelevant to having a home.

She has a point.
She does. For the trade to work, you also have to get they buying back in time right. In London at least, the way prices went back up again quite suddenly meant that if you'd waited too long to buy back in, you'd have ended up far worse off. And even if you'd timed it right, you'd then have to take off transaction costs at both ends, as well as the costs of renting while you were out of the market.

And all that is before the disruption associated with moving twice, and being without a settled home for a while. On balance, I think your wife was right, and that whole "sell to rent" idea is a mugs game if you have a home you like and can afford.
Old 15-09-2018, 06:21 AM

ExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is hereExiledStirling Sam the man is here
Unless we are all lemmings at heart Brexit will not happen.

https://www.gofundme.com/supporting-katerina
Old 15-09-2018, 06:32 AM
Heshlo Kitty

cpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is herecpfc4evandeva Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
She does. For the trade to work, you also have to get they buying back in time right. In London at least, the way prices went back up again quite suddenly meant that if you'd waited too long to buy back in, you'd have ended up far worse off. And even if you'd timed it right, you'd then have to take off transaction costs at both ends, as well as the costs of renting while you were out of the market.

And all that is before the disruption associated with moving twice, and being without a settled home for a while. On balance, I think your wife was right, and that whole "sell to rent" idea is a mugs game if you have a home you like and can afford.
Yep. An insane risk for probably a maximum gain of 10% of what your property is worth.
Old 15-09-2018, 06:35 AM
Up On The Triangle

fang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is herefang Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledStirling View Post
Unless we are all lemmings at heart Brexit will not happen.
May has to deliver a plausible fig leaf, something leavers can point to and pretend that it has happened and which offers the possibility of not causing a fatal schism in her party. We are heading for a fudge

Boris's sister was interesting on Newsnight. She thought that if Chequers doesn't get through Parliament , May will go for a second referendum. Less risky than a general election and it would give her the chance of staying as P.M., regardless of the result.
Old 15-09-2018, 06:47 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Lol, is that the best you can do?
I think the same question can be asked of your shallow lifestyle.
Old 15-09-2018, 07:54 AM
Blighs Lane

Skintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is hereSkintagain Sam the man is here
Quote:
His prediction pre the vote were namely.

1. A mini recession - wrong
2. A slump in the pound - right
3. Much higher inflation - right.

Sure he didn’t predict a global resurgence. Jees its like we want these guys to be soothsayesrs
That old chestnut, its not much different to what it was after the financial crash. All he is doing here is taking 2015/6 just before the Brexit vote as the norm. As I remember our growth was ahead of Europe at the time. All they did was see that the pound was at a high and was consequently likely to fall.

In any event a slightly lower pounds helps exports.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

Pretty much the same for inflation, its being compared to 2015/6 levels, historically its still low. The fuss is that its above the 2% target, that's his job.

So of those 3, 1 is wrong 2 and 3 are contrived views. He can't dine out on those predictions.
Old 15-09-2018, 08:00 AM
Blighs Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
I think the same question can be asked of your shallow lifestyle.
Here's one for you. Is your life different, complex, deep and meaningful.

Please explain to us all how you benefit humanity.

Same question for Maz as he made the statement first.
Old 15-09-2018, 08:30 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
I piss on myself every time i post.
EFA

SaulAlinsky
Old 15-09-2018, 08:35 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
Quote:
Given the number of anti-semitic excusers on this site you might come up with a better question.
Pathetic whataboutery from intellectually skintagain whatever next?

SaulAlinsky
Old 15-09-2018, 09:11 AM

SE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is hereSE25 exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Here's one for you. Is your life different, complex, deep and meaningful.

Please explain to us all how you benefit humanity.

Same question for Maz as he made the statement first.
Err. If you insist

I work for free for a local community shop.

I restore old and rather neglected rocking horses for kids

I am an artist who paints stuff for others for free.

I am involved in pub quizzes and other local events for charity.

I am currently campaigning as an individual to highlight the problem with our regional NHS Trust glaucoma monitoring service affecting 3883 patients on the waiting list, with the support of our local MP, Geoffrey Cox.
Old 15-09-2018, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post

It depends how close you are to the game. If I had followed my gut in 2007 minus rental costs I would have made saved a quite nice 125000 based on the house I ended up buying in the middle of the slump anyway and the sale of my property.

Edit: although Id have probably lost double that In the inevitable divorce for selling her home from under her.

Last edited by Hpalace; 15-09-2018 at 09:40 AM.
Old 15-09-2018, 09:33 AM
Blighs Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE25 exile View Post
Err. If you insist

I am currently campaigning as an individual to highlight the problem with our regional NHS Trust glaucoma monitoring service affecting 3883 patients on the waiting list, with the support of our local MP, Geoffrey Cox.
Excellent stuff, well done.

I leave that sort of thing to Mrs Skint, she loves it.

Send me 2 for my grankids.

Damn, I've just had my house done but as soon as you are available my living room needs doing.

I used to do that sort of thing but standing orders to my favourite charities suffice now.

I hope you see it through.
I knew you'd be in cahoots with the tories.