Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum

Notices

Computers, Gaming and Mobile Forum All things computer, internet, mobile, tablet and video game related.

Old 07-05-2011, 12:09 AM

Skid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSkid Row : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
1. Might and Magic series (inc Heroes/KB) (C64/Amiga/PC)
2. Kings Bounty - The Legend (2008 remake by Katauri) (PC)
3. Monkey Island series (With Curse of been the standout) (PC)
4. Fire and Ice (Amiga)
5. Superstar Soccer (C64)
6. Defender of the Crown (C64)
7. Hillsfar (C64)
8. H.E.R.O. (Atari)
9. Sensible Soccer (Amiga)
10. One on One (C64)

Last edited by Skid Row; 07-05-2011 at 12:25 AM.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:42 AM
Converting the heretics!

Micky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMicky Spilane : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 07-05-2011, 01:12 AM
pura vida

Sunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Civilization (III if pushed - played I-IV at various points)
Manic Miner / Jet Set Willy
GTA Vice City
Defender
Some really basic stick cricket one also from the 80s on the Spectrum
Atic Atac
Carmageddon
Sonic the Hedgehog whiled away some hours too.

It's fair to say that I haven't really kept up much with gaming over the years
Old 07-05-2011, 01:30 AM

PeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is herePeterH Sam the man is here
Cadaver (Amiga)
Rainbow Islands (Amiga)
Kick Off 2 (Amiga)
Pinball Dreams/Fantasies (Amiga)
Deus Ex (PC)
Unreal The Awakening (PC)
To view the link you have to Register or Login Golf game just pipping TW05
Halo (PC)
Max Payne (PC)
Zelda Ocarine (N64)

I am going to wiki list of Amiga and N64 games so list is subject to change - Championship Manager on Amiga kept me busy for hours. Plus games like Flashback/Turrican 1 & 2.

Last edited by PeterH; 07-05-2011 at 03:22 AM.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:28 PM
Ex-pat leviathan

GodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Fan
Civilization (III if pushed - played I-IV at various points)
Manic Miner / Jet Set Willy
GTA Vice City
Defender
Some really basic stick cricket one also from the 80s on the Spectrum
Atic Atac
Carmageddon
Sonic the Hedgehog whiled away some hours too.

It's fair to say that I haven't really kept up much with gaming over the years
Civ V is out
Old 07-05-2011, 12:38 PM
Bearded since 2004.

Dal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterH
Rainbow Islands (Amiga)
Oooh, I'd forgotten about Rainbow Islands - absolutely fantastic game, would probably be my top choice ever.

"You won't be listening anyway - you'll be picking your bum or listening to Pulp...'

"Use a plate! I've hoovered in here today, you cock!"

"Don't be a Gay all your life!"

"Does that mean our children will have monkey's skulls?"

"I don't want to inhale your urine!"

"Have you farted into a sponge or something?"

"You absolute pretentious ballsack!"

"You're a hairy, gay, Special Needs tramp!"

"Oh Google your own fat, flabby arse!"
Old 07-05-2011, 12:44 PM
Bearded since 2004.

Dal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDal : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
This is an old thread of mine on games which might bring back some memories:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

"You won't be listening anyway - you'll be picking your bum or listening to Pulp...'

"Use a plate! I've hoovered in here today, you cock!"

"Don't be a Gay all your life!"

"Does that mean our children will have monkey's skulls?"

"I don't want to inhale your urine!"

"Have you farted into a sponge or something?"

"You absolute pretentious ballsack!"

"You're a hairy, gay, Special Needs tramp!"

"Oh Google your own fat, flabby arse!"
Old 07-05-2011, 02:09 PM
pura vida

Sunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodstoneEagle
Civ V is out
Civ IV had too many bells and whistles on it for me, got too large
Old 07-05-2011, 02:14 PM
Ex-pat leviathan

GodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineGodstoneEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Fan
Civ IV had too many bells and whistles on it for me, got too large
My dad, who introduced me to the first Civilization when I was 6, said the same thing.

Civ V definitely better, got rid of religions and stuff but for sheer fun and longevity Civ II definitely one of my all-time favourite games. I remember being ill off school aged 9 and playing it for 9 hours without a break. Mum was furious.
Old 07-05-2011, 03:52 PM

1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here1905 Sam the man is here
Knight Lore (Spectrum)
Elite (Spectrum)
Feud (Amstrad 464)
Dungeon Master (Atari ST)
Hired Guns (Amiga)
Nocturne (PC)
Championship Manager/Football Manager (PC)
Icewind Dale 1/2 (PC)
Half-life/Day of Defeat (PC)
Demon's Souls (PS3)
Old 09-05-2011, 08:16 AM

JEagleF put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallJEagleF put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallJEagleF put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallJEagleF put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallJEagleF put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallJEagleF put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallJEagleF put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallJEagleF put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallJEagleF put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallJEagleF put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recallJEagleF put a party on and waited for the sunlight to recall
In no particular order:

Just Cause 2
Pokemon (lots of the games )
FIFA
Football Manager
Super Mario World 2
Mario Kart Wii
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Portal 2
Team Fortress 2
Old 09-05-2011, 08:49 AM
Eagles - CPFC & Philly

ardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
In no particular order:

Tetris (original addictive game)
Zelda: Ocarina of Time (brilliant story and such fun to mess about in as well)
Goldeneye (single player + multi-player both were superb)
ISS Pro 98 (classic game which was fun to play)
Half-Life (vaguely include 2 - but think the first is much better as a game)
Counter-Strike (stands alone as an online shooter)
Star Wars KOTOR (2 as well, but preferred 1, can also include Mass Effect 1 and 2 as they continued on to a certain extent)
Championship Manager 99/00 (One i played the most with a reasonable difficulty setting)
Batman: Arkham Asylum (Possibly the most fun in single player for donkeys years)
GTA: San Andreas (played through it twice, loved it just as much the second time)

BBS competitive honours:
Fantasy NFL Keeper League Champion 2011/12, 2012/13
Tour de France Velogames wooden spoon 2012
Fantasy NFL League Champion 2009/10, Runner Up 2010/11
Formula 1 Prediction League Champion 2010
Betting Masters Champions League Cup Runner Up 2009/10
Old 09-05-2011, 09:10 AM
Die seife bitte fräulein!

anti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is here
Best or favourite? Favourite for me, in chronological order

1. Gauntlet II (arcade)
2. F/A 18 Interceptor (amiga)
3. Sensible Soccer (amiga)
4. TV Sports Football (amiga)
5. Command & Conquer Generals (PC)
6. FIFA 98: Road to World Cup (PS1)
7. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (PS2)
8. IL2 Sturmovik (+ series and UP2.01 Mods) (PC)
9. Project Reality (PC)
10. IL2 Cliffs of Dover (will be EPIC!) (PC)

Last edited by anti-addick; 11-05-2011 at 01:11 PM.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:20 AM
T-T-T-T-Techno Boogie

FraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFraserH came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
mine in no particular order as it too hard to decide which are better than others..

GoldenEye (N64)
Super Soccer (SNES)
Blades of Steel (NES)
GTA: Vice City (PS2)
Pro Evo (PS2)
SimCity 4 (PC)
COD: MW (Xbox 360/PC)
Settlers 6 (PC)
Red Dead Redemption (Xbox 360)
The Sims (PC) (bit ashamed of this one )
Old 09-05-2011, 06:31 PM
Trespasser

m355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Little Big Adventure (PC)
Super Mario 64 (N64)
TOCA 2 (PlayStation)
Zelda - Ocarina of Time (N64)
This is Football 2003 (PS2)(I adored this, unpopular choice but I thought it was perfect. Later ones got really buggy and progressively shite IIRC)
F1 '97 (PlayStation)

...then my mind goes blank. Will add another few when I think of them.

BECCH10

(C) 2007. note to self - needs changing
Old 09-05-2011, 06:34 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dal
Oooh, I'd forgotten about Rainbow Islands - absolutely fantastic game, would probably be my top choice ever.
Great game that was - first proper computer game I ever had, played on one of these navigator joysticks.

Had it in my list, then took it out for James Pond. Hmm.

Werner Herzog
Old 09-05-2011, 08:16 PM
Sad loner with a gun!

Panzer would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPanzer would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPanzer would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPanzer would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPanzer would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPanzer would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPanzer would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPanzer would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPanzer would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPanzer would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turningPanzer would live that day over and over, but the world won't stop turning
1. War in Russia - Atari XL
No other game has got anywhere near this for sheer time consumption. Love it to this day.

Quote wargamers
"WAR IN RUSSIA - SSI,
An operational/strategic simulation of the entire Eastern Front (1941-1945), this game is easily learned and played. Sheer size presents the difficulty; despite its size and problems with the artificial intelligence in the later stages of the war, this is an essential addition to the serious wargamer's library."

2. Panzer General & Panzer General 2 - PC
3. Return to Castle Wolfenstein - PC
4. CIV - PC
5. FIFA 11 - Xbox 360
6. M.U.L.E - Atari XL
7. Age of Empires - PC
8. Eastern Front - PC
9. PES 6 - Xbox 360
10. Medal of Honour - PC

Edit: Jeez! I forgot Medieval Total War, that goes in at 5 and all the rest move down 1
Ow!

Fifa World League:
Founder Member: 2008
Team: Polonia Bytom 2008-2009
Lech Poznan 2009-2011

XBox 360 Gamer Tag:- Panzeruk

Last edited by Panzer; 09-05-2011 at 08:40 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:38 PM
its true we're red'n'blue

disco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
geoff crammond grand prix ll was ace
and stunt race f/x on snes
monkey island 2 on amiga
Old 15-05-2011, 08:05 PM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
Some real blasts from the past in here.

Lylat Wars. I remember wanting to go to Toys'r'us every week for ages because they had it on the N64 on one of them playable stands.

Glad that a lot of others enjoyed GTA Vice City as the best of the series. Just couldn't get into San Andreas or 4, whereas I could sit and play Vice City all day even now.
Old 15-05-2011, 08:21 PM
Jungle is indeed "massiv"

kettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minekettle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
fifa,
Ultimate Soccer Manager
Goldeneye
Sensible Soccer
Tetris
Super Mario
Duke Nukem
NBA Jam
Tiger Woods
Mario Kart