Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 10-07-2008, 11:21 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Sunny Fan
So shouldn't you ignore him then?
He says, disappearing in a puff of logic.
Do you mean the normal definition of ignore or the Maz one?

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 10-07-2008, 12:55 PM
thoughtful & kind..

The Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Sunny Fan
So shouldn't you ignore him then?
He says, disappearing in a puff of logic.
Only if he is one of said loonies which I doubt since his advice seems remarkably sane.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:00 PM
Bollox to Bloody Bolton

Sussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSussex Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Maz
But you are right that it is unusual. So is serial killings.
Is they?
Old 10-07-2008, 03:14 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally posted by stevek
I am not a lawyer so I don't know all the legal ins and outs. However, I do know the dictionary definition of manslaughter - so that is why I am suprised. Not that unreasonable, is it?

It seems to me we have a set of 'facts' presented which - to an intelligent layman - would seem to suggest manslaughter. But no manslaughter charge was bought. We also know those 'facts' are disputed.

So we have two possibilities:

1) the 'facts' are true, but in spite of my layman's interpretation, the actual legal definition of manslaughter for some reason doesn't cover this situation

2) the 'facts' are presented by the press were not proven, suggesting some slant in the press reporting.

In my view (2) sounds more likely.
Fair points.

On reflection, there is another option which I think is more likely than either of these.

3) The CPS went with the charge which they knew they could prove and secure a conviction on. And avoided the much more difficult - but surely more justified - manslaughter charge, (which could have been brought - even on the basis of the story we know - either on the basis of an illegal act that caused the death or gross negligence that caused the death).

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 10-07-2008, 03:15 PM
Semper Idem

And we all know that a minority of cyclists are scum. So for those who think this last case is a one off...

LEYTON: Mumís fury after danger cyclist let off

POLICE have decided not to prosecute a teenage cyclist who rode into a six-year-old boy, breaking his leg.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 10-07-2008, 03:18 PM

Selhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Old 10-07-2008, 03:19 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Maz
Fair points.

On reflection, there is another option which I think is more likely than either of these.

3) The CPS went with the charge which they knew they could prove and secure a conviction on. And avoided the much more difficult - but surely more justified - manslaughter charge, (which could have been brought - even on the basis of the story we know - either on the basis of an illegal act that caused the death or gross negligence that caused the death).
Seems plausible - and is not actually mutually exclusive from either of the other options.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Old 10-07-2008, 03:20 PM
Semper Idem

No indeed.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 10-07-2008, 03:21 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Most of the BBS practice my version of ignoring all but quoted posts.

Which is why Trolley was sadly banned.*

(*But let's not go there).

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 10-07-2008, 04:13 PM
Around the Fur

Seba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I have just become a so called piece of Cyclist Scum!

I now cycle the mile to work on my Dmr jump bike, which only has one gear as its not really built for the road. I am the most hated person on my route i should think, as i constantly hop on and off the kerb, whilst listening to my music!!
Old 10-07-2008, 04:23 PM
Semper Idem

I have zero sympathy for cyclists involved in accidents when they choose to listen to music rather than the sounds of the road.

They're rather asking for it aren't they?

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 10-07-2008, 05:04 PM
Borderline lunacy

Quote:
Originally posted by Maz
I have zero sympathy for cyclists involved in accidents when they choose to listen to music rather than the sounds of the road.

They're rather asking for it aren't they?
Sorry to make the comparison - but I take it the same goes for motorists and pedestrians?

Old 10-07-2008, 05:26 PM
Around the Fur

Seba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSeba came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Sorry to make the comparison - but I take it the same goes for motorists and pedestrians?
Too right!!

and i have started a campaign to bang on the window of anyone who driving whilst on the phone!
Old 10-07-2008, 05:28 PM
Semper Idem

Quote:
Why not? Everyone on public roads has a duty to themselves and others to use all their senses.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 10-07-2008, 05:30 PM
Borderline lunacy

Quote:
Originally posted by Maz
Why not? Everyone on public roads has a duty to themselves and others to use all their senses.
Fair enough.

Old 10-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Vive La Revolution

Shoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietShoreditch CPFC came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by Seba

I now cycle the mile to work on my Dmr jump bike, which only has one gear as its not really built for the road. I am the most hated person on my route i should think, as i constantly hop on and off the kerb, whilst listening to my music!!
don't you think that is inconsiderate and dangerous to you and others?
Old 25-07-2008, 09:20 PM
Anarchosyndicalist

Location: Nearer to inner peace than I was. Corporeally, Chippenham.
calne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Tactic now perfected.

I now make eye-contact as soon as poss, occupy the middle of the pavement, and dare the selfish twats to hit me.

To be fair, I'm so ugly, and so pissed, it makes no difference.

Palace ST holder for 40 years. Palace bonded me with my Dad. I met my partner and several great friends through the club. Palace have mad, passionate, funny supporters, and ex-players who care enough about the club to stay in touch. It's a roller-coaster ride, but thatís the way we like it. And itís not plastic. Palace til I die.
Old 25-07-2008, 09:20 PM
Anarchosyndicalist

Location: Nearer to inner peace than I was. Corporeally, Chippenham.
calne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by Seba

Yes.

Palace ST holder for 40 years. Palace bonded me with my Dad. I met my partner and several great friends through the club. Palace have mad, passionate, funny supporters, and ex-players who care enough about the club to stay in touch. It's a roller-coaster ride, but thatís the way we like it. And itís not plastic. Palace til I die.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:36 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
I have joined the world of cyclist scum - though i cannot believe how expensive a half decent bicycle has become.

I suppose there has to be some form of punishment for being scum
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 04-08-2008, 08:18 AM

Eye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is here
I nearly squashed a cyclist at Epsom Downs yesterday.

I approached a roundabout which was, as far as I could see, clear to just continue driving through. At that point a car came speeding around the roundabout which made me stop quite sharply, just as I did so, a cyclist wobbled past the front of my van, trying to look cool and failing, with me trying to look as if I knew he was there.........and failing.

Trouble is, for the whole of the approach to the roundabout he was in the rather large blindspot that is the post by the windscreen, plus it was early on a Sunday and very few people were around, thus my concentration wasn't at its best.

So, as much as I dislike cyclists, if it was you, I apologise sincerely.
My brother Pc Patrick Dunne - A Tribute (Patrick is the pianist too)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfmADrc4fsg