Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Ľ Off Topic Ľ General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 06-08-2008, 12:10 PM
Troublemaker

EdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by El Aguila
How do you all feel about helmets? I kind of see them as a necessary evil, but they're not as aesthetically pleasing as motorbike helmets, it has to be said.
you're right in a way, some people look much better in full face helmets.

i wear a cycle helmet for commuting, but not for nipping about.

it only takes one idiot motorist to knock you over, and that can be fatal.

not that i'm suggesting that all motorists are idiots - that would be a moronically narrow-minded point of view. and anyway, i am one.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:12 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Bit hot, too.
And I'm not sure how much protection they give. They wouldn't be much use in a bad crash.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:35 PM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
True, but since it can only take a small tumble to cause serious and permanent brain damage you would do better to put up with the heat.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 06-08-2008, 12:45 PM
Anarchosyndicalist

Location: Nearer to inner peace than I was. Corporeally, Chippenham.
calne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minecalne eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by stevek
I wear one 99% of the time.
All the time, or just the cycling time?

And if it's all the time, is J happy with this?

Palace ST holder for 40 years. Palace bonded me with my Dad. I met my partner and several great friends through the club. Palace have mad, passionate, funny supporters, and ex-players who care enough about the club to stay in touch. It's a roller-coaster ride, but thatís the way we like it. And itís not plastic. Palace til I die.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Maz
True, but since it can only take a small tumble to cause serious and permanent brain damage you would do better to put up with the heat.
I fear that El Anglia had a bash on the head already
Old 06-08-2008, 12:49 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Maz
True too. But sometimes when it's really hot, I take the view that while I'll be worse off in an accident without a helmet, I'm more likely to have an accident with a helmet (sweat running into my eyes, etc etc).

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 06-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
OK - next, suspension seat posts - unnecessary luxury or basic comfort choice?
Old 06-08-2008, 01:54 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by El Aguila
OK - next, suspension seat posts - unnecessary luxury or basic comfort choice?
Unnecessary weight, I'd have thought.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Old 06-08-2008, 01:57 PM
Turning Against This Land

Newts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineNewts G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Unnecessary full stop
Old 06-08-2008, 01:58 PM

Selhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by calne eagle
All the time, or just the cycling time?

And if it's all the time, is J happy with this?
She's pushing for him to wear one of these. Full time.

For safety reasons of course.

And then we can all call him Stigk instead.
Old 06-08-2008, 01:59 PM
Slightly Unstable

Location: A spherical nickel-iron alloy in the middle of a nothingness of unknown quantity
Santos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is here
I have this urge to sit at the side of the road with a plank of wood and shove it the front wheel of a passing cyclist, just to see how far he will fly off the front

If i'm really lucky, It'll be a lawyer or newspaper editor and he'll go straight into a bendy bus coming the other way
Old 06-08-2008, 02:00 PM
Borderline lunacy

Quote:
Originally posted by Selhurst Celtic
She's pushing for him to wear one of these. Full time.

For safety reasons of course.

And then we can all call him Stigk instead.
Cool. I think I've met the requirement for a mod to change my username.

Old 06-08-2008, 02:03 PM
Slightly Unstable

Location: A spherical nickel-iron alloy in the middle of a nothingness of unknown quantity
Santos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is hereSantos-er Sam the man is here
To "Helmet head"?
Old 06-08-2008, 02:04 PM

Selhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSelhurst Celtic came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Cool. I think I've met the requirement for a mod to change my username.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:53 PM
Middle class left.

Quote:
Unnecessary weight, I'd have thought.
Not really hung up on grams. They don't weigh that much more than a normal post, I wouldn't have thought, and make a difference on the cobbled surfaces. Trying to convince myself to buy one at the moment.
Old 06-08-2008, 04:23 PM
Troublemaker

EdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Santos-er
I have this urge to sit at the side of the road with a plank of wood and shove it the front wheel of a passing cyclist, just to see how far he will fly off the front

If i'm really lucky, It'll be a lawyer or newspaper editor and he'll go straight into a bendy bus coming the other way
and if you're really unlucky, it'll be me
Old 06-08-2008, 09:32 PM

Sick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is hereSick Bucket Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Santos-er

I have the urge to kick your wing mirror off and snap your arial, get your upside down coat hanger ready
Old 08-08-2008, 08:29 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Maz
But doesn't a helmet detract from the 'riding experience'. I heard this from a biker once.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:28 AM
Troublemaker

Quote:
Originally posted by Golf Boy
But doesn't a helmet detract from the 'riding experience'. I heard this from a biker once.
using a condom detracts from the 'having sex experience' too, but its still advisable for much of the time....
Old 09-08-2008, 09:35 AM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Golf Boy
The man was obviously a fool. Probably rides around in a t-shirt and shorts on warm days too.

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign