Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 09-08-2008, 11:09 AM
Semper Idem

Maz has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally posted by Golf Boy
But doesn't a helmet detract from the 'riding experience'. I heard this from a biker once.
Yes it does.

But only a fool would ride without one, even where it is legal to do so.

.פɐppɐ פɐppɐ Hǝʎ

Old 09-08-2008, 11:49 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
A motorbike? You would be crazy not to wear a helmet on a motorbike. More arguable in the case of pushbikes.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:08 PM

Eye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by El Aguila
A motorbike? You would be crazy not to wear a helmet on a motorbike.
When I had my Lambrettas in the late 60s early 70s crash helmets weren't compulsory and I used to tear around like a madman, came off loads of times too

Hasn't affected me
My brother Pc Patrick Dunne - A Tribute (Patrick is the pianist too)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfmADrc4fsg
Old 10-08-2008, 02:38 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Did my "route" to the office yesterday morning before the cricket. Quite pleasant.

However the saddle on my bike is like a razor. I might be able to pick entire thing up with my little finger, but i am walking around like John Wayne.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:47 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Eye-dee
When I had my Lambrettas in the late 60s early 70s crash helmets weren't compulsory and I used to tear around like a madman, came off loads of times too

Hasn't affected me
yeah, but your wig is rather heavyweight.

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign
Old 13-08-2008, 07:58 PM
Happy Felix Day!

Adlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is hereAdlerhorst Sam the man is here
Had my first near death experience. Lorry driver said "sorry mate didn't see you".

I'm clad in bright yellow and my bike is brilliant white. What's not to see.
The Defector looks like no other breaking pitch in the game. It is well-supinated, leaving the right hand of Fernandez at a fastball trajectory before the laws of physics cease to apply and the laws of awesome take over.
Old 13-08-2008, 09:17 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Adlerhorst
You sound like the lines in the road?
Old 13-08-2008, 09:56 PM

weltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietweltklasse came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally posted by El Aguila
A motorbike? You would be crazy not to wear a helmet on a motorbike. More arguable in the case of pushbikes.
I think theTaliban may beg to differ...

SaulAlinsky
Old 14-08-2008, 06:26 PM
Troublemaker

EdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Had my first near death experience. Lorry driver said "sorry mate didn't see you".

Lorries: stay well away, and never ever try to take them on the inside
Old 14-08-2008, 09:25 PM

Eye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is here
Quote:

You need to learn about big lorries, blind spots, small cycles and arrogant cycling. With all due respect of course.
Old 15-08-2008, 08:15 AM
Happy Felix Day!

Quote:
You need to learn about big lorries, blind spots, small cycles and arrogant cycling. With all due respect of course.
I am well aware of big lorries and blind spots - having done a about three months with HGV drivers when i was troubleshooting for Phillips one summer whilst i was at university. I generally think very highly of their driving ability.

This one's blind spot was in front of him (and it wasn't that big a lorry tbh - I could see the driver's face so am fairly sure he could see me). I was in front of him at the lights (I am not your typical cyclist, i stop for red lights, obey the highway code, use hand signals - proper ones, not the bird - and all that kind of thing) and he cut across me. He didn't look. It was that simple.

My experiece - though limited to date - is that if you show drivers respect, most show the same to you. There are idiots on both sides however.
Old 15-08-2008, 10:43 AM

Quote:

My experiece - though limited to date - is that if you show drivers respect, most show the same to you. There are idiots on both sides however.
Mine too, a good last line.

I know I shouldn't judge all cyclists by the moron that nearly ran me down at about 30 mph, shouting 'outa the way, outa the way' but it's difficult not to.
Old 15-08-2008, 07:41 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Aren't you supposed to look behind you to check nothings in your blind spot?
Old 15-08-2008, 08:04 PM
F E A R

Hedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHedgie : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Had to deal with an utterly idiotic cyclist tonight. Was driving along Coombe Road past the speed camera opposite the end of Oaks Road and watching my speedometer to make sure I was on 30mph, and the fool actually overtook me! He's lucky that I'm observant and could tell all along the road what he was going to do, because there are not many drivers that would expect to see a cyclist overtake them whilst driving at 30mph, especially when going past a speed camera. Just hope he didn't trigger the camera.
Old 15-08-2008, 08:16 PM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Hedgie
Had to deal with an utterly idiotic cyclist tonight. Was driving along Coombe Road past the speed camera opposite the end of Oaks Road and watching my speedometer to make sure I was on 30mph, and the fool actually overtook me! He's lucky that I'm observant and could tell all along the road what he was going to do, because there are not many drivers that would expect to see a cyclist overtake them whilst driving at 30mph, especially when going past a speed camera. Just hope he didn't trigger the camera.
LOL.He triggers the camera and you get the double whammy of speeding AND undertaking.
Old 15-08-2008, 09:01 PM
Trespasser

m355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minem355y : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I've just started over the last couple of weeks to cycle to work. Cover story is that it's because I want to get fit and prepare for going back to Africa in October, reality is I'm cost-cutting and feel guilty about using the car for everything. If I was some z-list celeb I'd buy a Toyota Prius and feel smug, but I'm not so I'll get the bike out of the garage and end up under a bus.

It's brilliant, I love it. Magical mystery tour every morning. This world where you're really tiny and vulnerable with all these predators stalking you....Vauxhall Corsas with huge fake exhausts driven by 17 year olds in baseball caps, reps in Audis and the worst of all, buses. You feel so completely worthless out there that you really might as well enjoy it and play up to the fact every other road user thinks you're an idiot, so I'm keeping a mental tally of the number of times I get beeped every morning and trying to better the score every day.

I'm scum. But at least I'm getting fit. In theory.

BECCH10

(C) 2007. note to self - needs changing
Old 17-08-2008, 06:11 PM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Haven't the cyclist scum been doing well at the Olympics?

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 17-08-2008, 06:16 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by m355y
I'm scum. But at least I'm getting fit. In theory.
And getting carbon monoxide poisoning in the process!
Old 17-08-2008, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by stevek
Haven't the cyclist scum been doing well at the Olympics?
Indeed. I would be happy if all our cyclists were in China.
Old 17-08-2008, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Golf Boy
Aren't you supposed to look behind you to check nothings in your blind spot?
How do you look behind you in a lorry?