Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 28-02-2008, 11:21 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
More cars jump reds in London than bikes i'll wager.
Old 28-02-2008, 11:24 AM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Golf Boy
Proportionally or in absolute terms? I'd be surprised either way. Anyway, buses jump more red lights than any other vehicle.
Old 28-02-2008, 11:26 AM
pura vida

Sunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Is that Tulse Hill, Eye-Dee?
Old 28-02-2008, 11:28 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
No way.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 28-02-2008, 11:29 AM

Eye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Photographic evidence please
We intend to be producing a few more 'action shots' within the next few weeks, so if you are a cyclist, beware
My brother Pc Patrick Dunne - A Tribute (Patrick is the pianist too)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfmADrc4fsg
Old 28-02-2008, 11:29 AM
Eep! Woot!

PalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPalaceMonkey came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I'd take that wager.
Old 28-02-2008, 11:30 AM

Eye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is hereEye-dee Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Sunny Fan
Is that Tulse Hill, Eye-Dee?
No I think it is right by Clapham North Station.
Old 28-02-2008, 11:31 AM
pura vida

Sunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSunny Fan : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The cyclists at Stockwell Cross seem to be behaving themselves better thees days - I'd say about 1 in 30 goes through the red.
Old 28-02-2008, 11:33 AM
Borderline lunacy

stevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is herestevek Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Eye-dee
No I think it is right by Clapham North Station.
Thought it was.

I cycled to and from every Palace Premier League match, plus four cup games, in 2016-17 to raise money for the wonderful Contact charity, who support families with disabled children.

Read more about it here https://cyclingtheseason.wordpress.com

And read more about Contact here www.contact.org.uk
Old 28-02-2008, 11:34 AM

Quote:
The cyclists at Stockwell Cross seem to be behaving themselves better thees days - I'd say about 1 in 30 goes through the red.
I'll get the camera crew out there
Old 28-02-2008, 11:37 AM
pura vida

Quote:
Originally posted by Eye-dee
I'll get the camera crew out there
What time do you normally go through?
And can you give me a lift to work?
I work just close to that part of Theobald's Road where you got done by a camera last year for an illegal right turn.
Old 28-02-2008, 11:38 AM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
I've noticed this on The Strand too. Perhaps it has something to do with previous assaults and myself bouncing on my toes with cocked fists willing some sucker to go through the lights whilst I'm crossing so I can bring them down.
Either way it's much better.
Old 28-02-2008, 11:46 AM

Vultur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVultur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVultur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVultur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVultur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVultur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVultur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVultur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVultur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVultur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVultur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Well, as a cyclist and a driver, I'm not sure that I would. In my experience most motor vehicles tend to stop at red lights even if there is nothing coming in the direction with priority. Where motorists misbehave is by continuing through the lights as or shortly after they change to red. Cyclists who jump red lights will do so when there's nothing coming, not (usually) because the lights are in the course of changing and they think they can make it - accelerating and decelerating are different on a bike. I always stop at red lights because it's a good habit to get into, whether on a bike or in a car (he said smugly). It also means you're likely to live longer, on the whole, and not have to pay fines for ignoring traffic signals or driving carelessly. (The ar*ehole in a Golf who ran a red light on Trinity Road this morning and nearly ran me over in consequence - I was on foot - would do well to take note...)
Old 28-02-2008, 11:48 AM
I'm not divorced

Golf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is hereGolf Boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by PalaceMonkey
I'd take that wager.
Everytime i'm in London about two cars jump them everytime they change.

That's a lot of bikes.
Old 28-02-2008, 11:48 AM
I'm not divorced

Quote:
Originally posted by Vultur
Well, as a cyclist and a driver, I'm not sure that I would. In my experience most motor vehicles tend to stop at red lights even if there is nothing coming in the direction with priority. Where motorists misbehave is by continuing through the lights as or shortly after they change to red.
well that is jumping them isn't it?
Old 28-02-2008, 11:54 AM

Vultur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVultur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVultur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVultur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVultur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVultur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVultur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVultur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVultur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVultur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineVultur : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
well that is jumping them isn't it?
Indeed it is and I don't condone it at all. I like cycling and I think motorists should be careful around bikes - and each other - which would exclude going through lights that have just changed to red.
Old 28-02-2008, 11:55 AM

Quote:
What time do you normally go through?
And can you give me a lift to work?
I work just close to that part of Theobald's Road where you got done by a camera last year for an illegal right turn.
I work all over the south, but I have a very good customer in Theobald's Road and am in there quite often.

As for a lift to work, I ALWAYS have a passenger in my van, or how else would I be able to take photographs legally without upsetting SteveK
Old 28-02-2008, 12:41 PM
I'm not divorced

the fact is, a cyclist going through red is only going to kill himself. Why such a fuss boys?
Old 28-02-2008, 12:42 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Quote:
the fact is, a cyclist going through red is only going to kill himself. Why such a fuss boys?
My missus got hit by a cyclist scum going through a Zebra crossing when she was crossing a few years back.
If I was there I would've ended his life. She was a mess of blood and grazes afterwards whilst he cycled off.
Old 28-02-2008, 12:44 PM

Quote:
As much as you may think they deserve it, I really wouldn't fancy squashing one, it just might affect me.