Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 13-03-2015, 09:43 PM
evvo111

evvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is hereevvo111 Sam the man is here
With a group of friends pretending to be The Beatles playing make believe instruments, mine was a drum kit made of a pair of sticks and the metal lid to a coal bunker. The song was All You Need is Love. I was only 6.
"The wise are instructed by reason; ordinary minds by experience; the stupid, by necessity; and brutes by instinct."
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child."
"Victory has a hundred fathers and defeat is an orphan."
Old 13-03-2015, 10:01 PM

Jerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietJerry Murphy's Fringe came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
i was made for dancing. Leif Garrett.

Boom!
Old 14-03-2015, 03:44 AM
we are PALACE!

hull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diethull eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgw152 View Post
Spot on,and for the bonus point you have to guess the cup size!
Oooh at that age i can remember it being more than a handful!
Hope that's right
Old 14-03-2015, 10:36 AM
Keeping The Faith

gold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is heregold76 Sam the man is here
Abba- Does your mother know

Boney M- Brown girl in the ring

Marti Webb- Take that look off your face

Golders loves camp late 70's shit
Old 15-03-2015, 11:41 PM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Steve And Eydie - "I Want To Stay Here". 1963
Old 15-03-2015, 11:57 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by evvo111 View Post
With a group of friends pretending to be The Beatles playing make believe instruments, mine was a drum kit made of a pair of sticks and the metal lid to a coal bunker. The song was All You Need is Love. I was only 6.
I remember doing something very similar with my cousin who is a couple of years older than me, and the two girls that lived next door to her.

I think I got the hump because they made me be Ringo! I'm not sure I even had a dustbin lid or sticks... just sat there pretending.

Actually in hindsight that was pretty much what the real Ringo did!
Old 16-03-2015, 05:44 AM

Gooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGooders came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salad_Burnet View Post
Frankie...do you remember me or Sunday Girl by Blondie.

I was born in 78. I can't be bothered to find my approximate age at the time.
Depending on which month you were born in you probably weren't walking when Sunday Girl was No.1. Impressive!

When Frankie came out you were a sober 7 years of age.
Old 16-03-2015, 06:58 AM
Since '67

ozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineozzieEagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Oh dear.... this is embarrassing, It's either 76 trombones in the big parade or the Beep Beep, the little nash rambler song about the little car and the Cadillac.

First pop song would be something like the 1958 Italian Eurovision song winner.... Volare.

Last edited by ozzieEagle; 16-03-2015 at 07:01 AM.
Old 16-03-2015, 08:56 AM

Le Trapper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLe Trapper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLe Trapper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLe Trapper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLe Trapper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLe Trapper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLe Trapper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLe Trapper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLe Trapper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLe Trapper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineLe Trapper : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
BBC Listening to Neil Sheldon's "Jazz Hour" or something like that.
Programme was in the 40s and it came on just after football results....I think.
Old 16-03-2015, 11:30 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
i recall listening to junior choice on radio one i cant remember if that is where i heard stuff like Honey...
other would be old records and eight track cartridges around the house ...

SaulAlinsky
Old 16-03-2015, 11:35 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
bought 7 inch vinyl at school fair sadly lost now

b side was bear necessities

Roger miller - king of the road

SaulAlinsky
Old 21-03-2015, 12:35 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog View Post
Sing Something Simple with The Cliff Adams Singers on a Sunday night while sitting in the bath tub in front of the fire.
Also Children's Favourites and Two (or was it Four) Way Family Favourites.
Spot on for me too.

Thinking about this I realised I had early 'tune' memories associated with different locations.

First Home (long gone maisonette on Derby Road)
- Magic moments - Perry Como, 'Sing something simple' - Cliff Adams Singers, Blue Angel/Personality - Anthony Newley, - Standing on the Corner, Tom Dooley - Lonnie Donegan

Auntie's
- Volare, - Gnu - Flanders and Swann, Que sera, sera - Doris Day, Singling the blues and Little White Bull - Tommy Steele

Nan's
- Little Drummer boy. The Story of my life - Michael Holliday (local boy)

Sorry as ever got carried away with the tunes and memories. Music does that to you.
Old 21-03-2015, 12:48 PM

RobCPFC1982 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobCPFC1982 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobCPFC1982 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobCPFC1982 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobCPFC1982 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobCPFC1982 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobCPFC1982 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobCPFC1982 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobCPFC1982 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobCPFC1982 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRobCPFC1982 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Nirvana, Pixies, Pink Floyd and The Fall are ones that stood out from my old mans vinyl, also various Reggae tunes, from late 80s early 90s.
Old 21-03-2015, 12:53 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobCPFC1982 View Post
Nirvana, Pixies, Pink Floyd and The Fall are ones that stood out from my old mans vinyl, also various Reggae tunes, from late 80s early 90s.
Remember them well along the way.
Old 21-03-2015, 01:07 PM

dannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietdannyb1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Would have been dire straits, queen,blondie or the making of thriller (where they showed the video after) as that's all my stepdad played on VHS.

In the record cupboard was T rex, queen, Michael Jackson, madness, Madonna.

My first album was the spaghetti incident by Guns N Roses.

Like because they have the new stadium all of a sudden they think the're it, I once went to their old Goldstone Ground when they could only get 12ish k crowds lol, then they became homeless tramps.
Old 12-05-2015, 04:04 AM
Probationary User

Lauryn Poindext is fond of sand dunes and salty airLauryn Poindext is fond of sand dunes and salty airLauryn Poindext is fond of sand dunes and salty airLauryn Poindext is fond of sand dunes and salty airLauryn Poindext is fond of sand dunes and salty airLauryn Poindext is fond of sand dunes and salty airLauryn Poindext is fond of sand dunes and salty airLauryn Poindext is fond of sand dunes and salty airLauryn Poindext is fond of sand dunes and salty airLauryn Poindext is fond of sand dunes and salty airLauryn Poindext is fond of sand dunes and salty air
Hi, I could recall the song of The Beatles. I remembered my mom used to tell me about them during the 60's. This is one of the most famous English rock bands. I like their songs "Hey Jude" and "Let It be"