Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 25-05-2015, 10:53 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
If all you are worried about is that there are separate folders for each artist I wouldn't worry because this is transparent to the server and it should be presented as whole albums etc.

Funny if we were in the same room it would be easy
Old 26-05-2015, 10:20 AM
its true we're red'n'blue

disco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
haha i haven't actually tried that, ill select one artist from a compilation and see if whole compilation comes up, thnx martin, absolutely loving the network set up

its true what they say, unbelievably, a lossless burnt cd sounds better than the cd!
Old 26-05-2015, 10:24 AM

disco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minedisco mixx kidd : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm on the cambridge app but wasn't using it yet, was just using the servers on screen display while i get to grips with it

when i selected album it didn't show all my albums so i had to go to folders to see more, the option for album isn't on the folders bit...

you're right thou re. iTunes , because i nabbed the files from applications>itunes>music they are laid out in artist name but maybe have the right tags for each album, id just prefer to see the album first rather than artist as i can't remember/like to be reminded what I'm looking for cheers
Old 26-05-2015, 11:56 AM

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by disco mixx kidd View Post
I'm on the cambridge app but wasn't using it yet, was just using the servers on screen display while i get to grips with it

when i selected album it didn't show all my albums so i had to go to folders to see more, the option for album isn't on the folders bit...

you're right thou re. iTunes , because i nabbed the files from applications>itunes>music they are laid out in artist name but maybe have the right tags for each album, id just prefer to see the album first rather than artist as i can't remember/like to be reminded what I'm looking for cheers
If you re looking at the physical folders through windows explorer or an equivalent, that explains it but the 'servers/players' (apps etc) access the tags and represent this in a variety of different 'views' for selection.

So I think everything will be fine when you access it via the app. The app should give you options normally and I just took a quick glance at what I think you will be using (on the CXN www page) and they show selection by album. You will probably need to choose the server within the app somewhere unless it's preconfigured. Then you will be sorted.

If you still can't see the albums listed in that section then you may just need to add/amend a tag but I doubt it very much. Everything I have from iTunes worked first time without retagging.

Hopefully then you can enjoy your nice new toy!
Old 26-05-2015, 10:46 PM

Loving getting all my stuff on the nas drive!
Old 26-05-2015, 10:47 PM

My sonos can't find it thou

Any idea how I can find the address for my wd cloud? Sorry...
Old 26-05-2015, 11:33 PM

Not sure whether you are on windows or mac but I run BTnetprotectplus (McAfee) on my PC and I would normally look on that to find the devices on my network and their ip address. The most obvious place to look is on your router which will normally have a heading somewhere of attached devices and you can normally work it out from there by process of elimination.

BUT I don't know but suspect that something like the WD cloud drive comes with a pre-defined name. And so instead of using an ip address can you use that name. Check it but I suspect that it is To view the link you have to Register or Login

Hope that helps.
Old 27-05-2015, 04:23 PM

Thnx yes the IP address does not work
I'll check your ideas
Much appreciated
Old 07-06-2015, 06:04 PM

It wants Path\\computer\sharename

I haven't a clue!
Old 07-06-2015, 06:17 PM

Its just after the address of the folder where your music is and it needs to know how to find it.

That might be something like :

\\WDMYCLOUD\FOLDERNAME

i.e. replace foldername with what ever your folder is called.

so if you have a folder called Music in which all of your music sits. it would be:

\\WDMYCLOUD\Music

If you have all your files in a folder called Music which in turn is in a folder called Public then it would be :

\\WDMYCLOUD\Public\Music

Problem is I am having to guess - I would think you will have instructions that tell you this with your wdcloud drive?
Old 07-06-2015, 07:55 PM

\\WDMyCloud\Public\Shared Music

is the folder but cannae get songs to recognise it urggh any help appreciated
Old 07-06-2015, 08:17 PM

that address looks right. When you say you can't get songs to recognise it - can you explain what you mean? i.e. be a bit pedantic about the explanation as it will probably help
Old 07-06-2015, 09:05 PM

Sorry meant Sonos!

It's the Sonos I need to find the music in my wdcloud nas drive

It's hard wired to my router but not to my Mac

I click on mywdcloud then click on public then shared music and it's all there

But I can't get Sonos to do the same

Thnx for helping
Old 07-06-2015, 10:53 PM

I started to try and guess at this but as I don't have a MAC or a Sonos I think you should probably take a look here first:

To view the link you have to Register or Login

This page directly references the wd cloud and I think it should lead you to the answers you need. I suspect there are other folk on here with the same kit as you that might chime in.

Good luck and let me know how you get on Shout if not and I will try to help if I can.
Old 08-06-2015, 03:18 PM

Thank you very much
I called WD who suggested calling Sonos but upon checking it had actually worked! Think my massive files (24/192 ) or large collection (20k plus records) may have caused it to take ages loading
But seems to be working now thnx!

Forward slashes

//mycloud/public Was all it took
Old 08-06-2015, 04:25 PM

Working perfectly now

Sonos doesn't use iTunes so probably had to tag each tune individually

Plus it will play but doesn't seem to like anything over cd 16/44 quality

But Sonos sounds good enough to hear benefit of burning losslessly

Best value for 169 around imho