Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Other Sport World of Sport

Notices

World of Sport Discuss all other sport. Includes betting and gambling threads.

Old 04-08-2011, 12:08 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazman
No idea what happened then, should be on there now?
Yep, you're in.

Just need davematt and belly to sign up and we have our full quota, if we can't get hold of davematt sometime soon then I'll get solpadeine in

Golf handicap - 12
Golf Blog - http://wp.me/p7sKN4-4
Blog Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/UsingTheBounce/
Old 04-08-2011, 12:10 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Swanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSwanny32 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
What about the penalty for throwing a pick, Ardeo mentioned to me last night that he though maybe -6 rather than the usual -3 for a pick. Not sure I like that idea but maybe -6 for throwing a pick 6??

Golf handicap - 12
Old 04-08-2011, 12:11 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanny32
Ok, so what would you rather have, a standard flex like we do in Ben's league or with the added option of using a QB within that flex position?

I really dont mind either way
Old 04-08-2011, 12:12 PM
Shake it Baby

LLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLLCOOLSTEVE came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Lol, I didn't check that link but I think you may have signed up for a random league.....someone's probably wondering who the hell you are!

ID is 261945
Password is palace

Nah it goes to the right page
Old 04-08-2011, 12:13 PM
TEB & FYP Editor

jazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Do I need to do anything other than sign up for now?
Old 04-08-2011, 12:15 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Nothing right now, maybe have a say in the settings discussion, 1 or 2 qb's? -6 for a pick or -6 for a pick 6 and stick with -3 for a pick.

Golf handicap - 12
Old 04-08-2011, 12:15 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Being a keeper league ideally we need to get the settings right first time around as we don't want to change it down the line.

Golf handicap - 12
Old 04-08-2011, 12:16 PM
TEB & FYP Editor

jazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
x1 QB

-3 for a pick
Old 04-08-2011, 12:19 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Would you go with -6 for a pick 6 or leave it as normal?

I suppose another thing we need to think about is how many keepers we'll have?

Golf handicap - 12
Old 04-08-2011, 12:20 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

If Paul could put across his opinion on why we should have 2 QB's that might help?

Golf handicap - 12
Old 04-08-2011, 12:52 PM

KP8 comes reeling through the doorKP8 comes reeling through the doorKP8 comes reeling through the doorKP8 comes reeling through the doorKP8 comes reeling through the doorKP8 comes reeling through the doorKP8 comes reeling through the doorKP8 comes reeling through the doorKP8 comes reeling through the doorKP8 comes reeling through the doorKP8 comes reeling through the door
I would prefer 1 QB. It will keep it more like real life and make it a little more interesting/difficult rather than being able to pick a high scoring QB in the flex spot.

-3 for a pick sounds right to me

I have no experience of playing in a keeper league so not sure what number works best.

Any idea when the draft will start?
Old 04-08-2011, 12:53 PM
Shooting down bogans

oz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Never done an NFL keeper league but I am currently in an NHL keeper league. In the league I am in there are 3 rookie keepers in addition to the normal 6 keepers.

I propose we add 2 or 3 slots for rookie keepers. This adds another element to the draft and I think adds something extra to the league. Always a good feeling when a player you've been holding on to for a few seasons breaks through and becomes a star.

As an example Ryan Mallett might get drafted in this draft as he'll be replacing old man Brady in 12 months time...

Go back to sleep, you yellowed-bellied freaks.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:57 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Like you guys I'm new to keeper leagues so that's the reason for all the questions.

I think it'll be 1 qb, -3 for a pick and -6 for a pick 6. As for the keepers I have no idea yet, like the sound of a couple rookie keepers although how would that work if you don't draft a rookie?

Golf handicap - 12
Old 04-08-2011, 01:02 PM
Shooting down bogans

oz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietoz_da II came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Like you guys I'm new to keeper leagues so that's the reason for all the questions.

I think it'll be 1 qb, -3 for a pick and -6 for a pick 6. As for the keepers I have no idea yet, like the sound of a couple rookie keepers although how would that work if you don't draft a rookie?
Then you're a mug because in a few years time your team will more than likely contain no superstars.

Go back to sleep, you yellowed-bellied freaks.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:12 PM

KP8 comes reeling through the doorKP8 comes reeling through the doorKP8 comes reeling through the doorKP8 comes reeling through the doorKP8 comes reeling through the doorKP8 comes reeling through the doorKP8 comes reeling through the doorKP8 comes reeling through the doorKP8 comes reeling through the doorKP8 comes reeling through the doorKP8 comes reeling through the door
I am new here so let me know if the below isn't helpful!

As you are looking for opinions/ideas I think 3 keepers is about right, 6 would be too many as you would be able to keep your QB, 3WR and 2RB meaning that the league is likely to end up being similar the following year.

My personal preference would be a maximum of 3 keepers and the option of keeping an additional 1-2 rookies if you have them in your roster at the end of the season. If you don't have any rookies then you just lose that option.

Another issue is what round pick do you lose by keeping a player, the simplest option is that you lose the corresponding round pick next year i.e. keep a first round pick from the previous year then lose your first round pick next year.

Other options/issues are:

- Only being allowed to keep a player for X number of years to keep the league interesting.

- Not being allowed to keep players drafted in the top 1-3 rounds to stop the league being repetitive. A possible option would be that you can only keep 1 player selected in 1st 3 rounds.

- What round pick do you lose if you were to keep a player(s) picked up during the season outside of the draft?

This blog may be of interest in working out the options:

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 04-08-2011, 04:03 PM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
I disagree on rookie keepers.

Keep 1 IR slot for a keeper should a great player go down so you don't waste bench places.

And 4 keepers is the maximum otherwise the next draft is severely limited.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:31 PM
Eagles - CPFC & Philly

ardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineardeo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Right will post up the rules as (more or less) agreed by me and Swanny. Feel free to debate anything that you feel is drastically wrong or misleading!

In fact here it is with my reasoning:

Rules rules rules!

Starting line up: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, K, LB, DB, DL, Bench: 7 places, 2 IRs

Did consider 2 QBs because although there are enough QBs to go around if we play 2 each, does muck the team feel around and also means that once bye weeks kick in someone with no decent QBs will most likely get crushed by someone with 2 good ones, everything else being pretty irrelevant, also means we don’t have to change points for a td. Also what we are used to in the other league offensively. IDPs is slightly different as you have to pick one from each, makes it a little more interesting rather than all competing over LBs and also helps reflect the nature of an NFL team slightly more (we once considered doing a full IDP as well but thought that would be a little crazy!).

Points: TDs – 6 points, Passing yards – 25 per point, rushing and receiving yards – 10 per point, interceptions - -3, pretty standard after that, except from: added return yards 25 per point, interceptions made are 4 points and blocked kicks are 10, and tackle assists are 0.5.

If people want further details of scoring should be available on the website, I added kick return yards as they can make a bit of a difference to some lowly wideouts and add a minor extra thing to think about. Interceptions seem a bit undervalued as they are normally valued the same as a sack despite happening much less often. Also helps keep DBs worthwhile as they would otherwise be falling behind the tacklers. Blocked kicks are awesome and rarely happen so should be well rewarded. Tackle assists go on real stats any as half so makes sense to me fantasy wise they should count the same. Although does bump up those tacklers a fair bit, not beyond offensive players but maybe beyond DBs again.

Number of keepers: 4 (+1)

This is half of the starting offence (qb, rb, rb, wr, wr, wr, te, flex), so will allow people to keep half of their team which is pretty consistent, can also have a rookie keeper as Oz suggested, rookie could be picked up late on in the season as they start to see game time I think. I think it provides consistency in teams which is the aim while still allowing for reasonably major changes. Likelihood that people may umm and arr about the value of keeping their 4th player sometimes depending on the depth of free agency.

Cost of keepers: You lose the round before they were picked, i.e. 2nd rounders are worth a 1st round draft. This will put a bit more value on your keepers so you don’t just hold onto average players. Also means that all 1st round draft picks will be released, ensuring there is at least some decent talent available for those that struggled the year before. The minimum loss will be a 10th round pick which will apply to anyone picked after that or picked up off the waiver wire or through free agency.

Length of keepers: I think this should be unrestricted, as by losing a round every year it’s only the late round picks or free agents that you will really be able to keep for a long time and in a way that justifies their selection. Although it is possible it could result in some power houses, possibly. May have to revisit it.

Waivers: I changed to 3 days and from the first match of the week until Tuesday as there will be more Thursday night games this year, and it’s unfair on those doing rubbish if they aren’t about Friday morning to pick up break out people, also gives them a bit more time the following week if they are busy with real life. Last position gets first pick on waivers but once they have their player they will go to the back of the line until the following week.

Draft: Will be 14 starting players and 7 on the bench so 21 rounds – EEEEk! So that’s 252 picks!!! I’ll do the draft order tonight or tomorrow so people can start planning over the weekend for a Monday start. It will be done by email so will take a while, if anyone is going away for a while and won’t be able to pick, they can either send me or Chris a few names or leave it up to us to pick someone decent for them (probably me as I’m awesome(ish)). Although we have an odd number of rounds, we'll just stick with the draft order for the last, because its unlikely the 21st player we all select is going to make much difference and its an added bonus for getting an early draft. For future season the draft will be done strictly last to first and not a serpentine method.

Any comments are welcome but may be disregarded

BBS competitive honours:
Fantasy NFL Keeper League Champion 2011/12, 2012/13
Tour de France Velogames wooden spoon 2012
Fantasy NFL League Champion 2009/10, Runner Up 2010/11
Formula 1 Prediction League Champion 2010
Betting Masters Champions League Cup Runner Up 2009/10

Last edited by ardeo; 04-08-2011 at 04:33 PM.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:32 PM
Under Fascist Rule

pauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is herepauldrulez Sam the man is here
My thoughts:

Think 7 on the bench is too much.

We tried Return Yards before and the MVP of our league was Sproles.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:36 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Kick/Punt returner is a skilled position and should be rewarded other than the obvious 6 points should they take it to the house. 1 point per 25 yards isn't too much either but enough to give those players some kind of value.

Golf handicap - 12
Old 04-08-2011, 04:47 PM
Shake it Baby

This might be a stupid question, but does yahoo have all college players in their rankings for keeper leagues then??