Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 04-03-2012, 01:34 PM
thoughtful & kind..

The Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
What music are you playing at the moment?

For the musicians (in my case I use the term loosely) among us, what piece of music are you playing at the moment?

Me = The Pixies - Where Is My Mind. Guitar chords only on my semi-acoustic but easy to learn and sound like the real thing.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:59 PM
thoughtful & kind..

The Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietThe Misfit came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Looks like I'm performing solo on this thread. Now playing The Clash - Garageland.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:18 PM

Tomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietTomo came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
A lot of Bright Eyes on my acoustic at the moment
Old 10-03-2012, 10:56 PM
Addobellend, apparently

addopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineaddopalace : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I'm trying to learn 'My Iron Lung' by Radiohead. I had intended going up to Tottenham Court Road and picking up some new sheet music, specifically to do with The Libertines and The White Stripes, but its all so very expensive so I decided instead to just learn a song from one of my existing tab books. I recently learnt the title track of the same album, 'The Bends' and am really happy with it - its a joy to play.
Old 22-03-2012, 02:30 PM
thoughtful & kind..

The Clash - Groovy Times

Been leaning lots of Clash stuff as I was given a Clash chords songbook for my 50th birthday a couple of months ago.
Old 22-03-2012, 03:39 PM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
one of 99% Love's tunes (my brother) Recorded live in his living room.

To view the link you have to Register or Login

SaulAlinsky
Old 22-03-2012, 05:43 PM

Hudds Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHudds Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHudds Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHudds Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHudds Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHudds Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHudds Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHudds Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHudds Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHudds Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineHudds Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
A lot of Libertines stuff and reluctantly plenty of Oasis as the rest of my band love them...
Old 22-03-2012, 05:46 PM

Chris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is hereChris K Sam the man is here
Early Hardstyle
Hard Trance
Acid House

but then I guess the question wasn't for dj's
Old 22-03-2012, 05:55 PM

spike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietspike came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
My daughters are learning the guitar at the moment so I'm copying what they are playing.

I can still remember how to play the riff from Debaser (Pixies) but for new tunes am playing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star!
Old 25-04-2012, 11:52 AM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Dunno if this is any use to anyone but Soundcloud are offering a Lite version of Ableton Live for free download until May 31st.

Old 25-04-2012, 01:32 PM
thoughtful & kind..

Been learning Oasis - Some Might Say, which is easier than expected. Also lots of Nirvana, which is more difficult than expected.
Old 25-04-2012, 01:49 PM
Dog Rough

SJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is hereSJ'sLoveMonkey Sam the man is here
Slap bass
Old 27-04-2012, 06:39 PM
Wishing I was fishing

Erne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineErne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineErne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineErne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineErne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineErne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineErne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineErne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineErne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineErne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineErne : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I refer to my post in "What music are you listening to"

IE: Gil Scott Heron - It's your World

Now it's Mondo Grosso - Don't let go. Now that's a mad old tune
Old 16-06-2012, 03:51 PM
thoughtful & kind..

Currently working through the Elvis Costello back catalogue. Welcome to the Working Week and Alison are my most successful attempts so far, mainly because the chords are pretty straightforward.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:51 AM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Been having a bash at Scarborough Fair. It's quite fun and easy to play. Capo on seven so you can have a good old pluck.

Werner Herzog
Old 10-07-2012, 10:56 AM

weltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is hereweltklasse Sam the man is here
its a fast driving rave up with the Dandy Warhols easy riffage!

SaulAlinsky

Last edited by weltklasse; 10-07-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Old 10-07-2012, 05:00 PM
By hand or by Bannan

Excowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is hereExcowboy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltklasse
its a fast driving rave up with the Dandy Warhols easy riffage!
I watched Dig! for the first time a few weeks ago. Made me nostalgic for the 90s and the 60s at the same time. Too late to get tickets to see BJM in shepherds bush last weekend - wonder what he was like.

Werner Herzog
Old 11-07-2012, 03:17 PM
Otis McOtis

Thanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betrayThanet Eagle is like ice, their footing does betray
Lots of Northern Soul , some Stax and Motown.

Hot summer's day and sticky black tarmac, feeding ducks in the park and wishing you were far away -
Paul Weller
Old 11-07-2012, 03:34 PM

Flapping Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineFlapping Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineFlapping Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineFlapping Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineFlapping Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineFlapping Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineFlapping Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineFlapping Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineFlapping Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineFlapping Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fineFlapping Eagle is happy as a lark and everything is fine
I've been learning pictures at an exhibition on the piano lately. Stuggling though, bloody hard.
Old 05-03-2015, 02:10 AM
By hand or by Bannan

Shame this thread never took off. I've been having a stab at The Band's The night they drove old Dixie Down - it's helping through my aversion to slash chords.

Also, Nick Cave's 'Mercy Seat' is quite addictive.

Werner Herzog