Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 30-03-2015, 09:42 PM
Correctamundo !

Another Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAnother Oxted Eagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Been playing my copy of sound effects to death this week - the bloke could really write a song even back then.
Old 30-03-2015, 09:46 PM

Smithers-Jones : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithers-Jones : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithers-Jones : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithers-Jones : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithers-Jones : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithers-Jones : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithers-Jones : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithers-Jones : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithers-Jones : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithers-Jones : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSmithers-Jones : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I feel a playlist coming on
Old 30-03-2015, 11:26 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Lot of good songs over the years and always recognisable but evolving all the same.
Old 30-03-2015, 11:31 PM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidstoned Eagle View Post
I like some of his solo stuff, more so when he was in The Jam though. I know I should like him more than I do, but personally I find most of his albums a bit of a drag.
Absolutely love The Jam, but never got into anything he has done since, which is now 33 years worth
Old 31-03-2015, 12:55 AM

StanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineStanRd2005 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine

I've been a fan since The Jam days. Love his solo stuff but The Jam live were something else .
Old 31-03-2015, 05:25 PM

kabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is herekabbott Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanRd2005 View Post

I've been a fan since The Jam days. Love his solo stuff but The Jam live were something else .
Remember seeing The Jam at the Greyhound around the time of the release of their second album. They played about 15 songs in about 30 minutes. At the end Rick Buckler kicked over his drum kit and Bruce Foxton smashed up his bass and that was it. It was so hot in there and I almost fainted in the crush at the bar trying to get a drink. Those were the days!
Old 19-04-2015, 05:31 PM
No Islands in This Desert

welshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minewelshneil : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Clem Cattini played drums on this album...he is in his 70's and was drummer for The Tornados, The Pirates, and as a session musician he has played on more #1 singles than any other person.
Old 19-04-2015, 05:54 PM
#Hadron Collider

in-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is here
Poor man's Marriott.... Not even close! Puts Anchor butter on his toast.....
Old 13-05-2015, 08:58 AM
#Hadron Collider

in-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is here
To view the link you have to Register or Login
The real deal.....wanker Weller can piss off!!!
Old 13-05-2015, 09:01 AM
#Hadron Collider

Utterly 4th rate copycat nob!
Old 13-05-2015, 09:16 AM
your best is an idiot!

Leopald Stotch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeopald Stotch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeopald Stotch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeopald Stotch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeopald Stotch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeopald Stotch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeopald Stotch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeopald Stotch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeopald Stotch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeopald Stotch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietLeopald Stotch came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
You sound very bitter.
Old 13-05-2015, 09:42 AM
#Hadron Collider

He's just crap and so overrated..

Last edited by in-exile; 13-05-2015 at 10:07 AM.
Old 13-05-2015, 09:44 AM
#Hadron Collider

Old 13-05-2015, 10:34 AM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
He's just crap and so overrated..
I'm a huge Stevie Marriott fan. Had a bloody enormous poster of him on my bedroom wall when growing up. Cried when he died. But I have time for Weller who appreciates his music history. You could claim Amy Winehouse was a copycat but my apocryphal evidence is that some of her fans did discover some of Amy's heroines etc. That's a good thing. My guess is that there's a good few Jam/Weller fans who love the 'original' stuff too although Marriott and the Small Faces started out as 'copycats' as well.
Old 13-05-2015, 10:54 AM
#Hadron Collider

One is class one is crap!
Old 13-05-2015, 11:02 AM
#Hadron Collider

Quote:
Originally Posted by in-exile View Post
One is class one is crap!
4000th post happy for that to be bigging up the great Small faces! RIP Steve....
Old 13-05-2015, 11:24 AM

OriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietOriginalNutter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I like Weller but have only listened to his recent stuff. I had heard that he is real moody git towards people but I bumped into him in Soho a few months ago and asked for a photo of me and him.
He put his arm over my shoulder and got one of his entourage to take the photo. Top Bloke!

So, can someone do a playlist of his best stuff?
Old 13-05-2015, 11:24 AM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithers-Jones View Post
Not sure about the spirit of Marriott but for me, there's 2 or 3 truly outstanding songs on every album he's done - adds up to quite a few songs.
Was good to see his latest on the big screen before Stoke away.
Isn't Smithers Jones a rare Foxton composition?
Old 13-05-2015, 11:27 AM
Vikings No 6

Big Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig Gav came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Yep
Old 13-05-2015, 11:30 AM
Mind your sandwiches

chatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is herechatham_eagle Sam the man is here
New album out next week. Caught the end of his performance on Jools Holland last night and was in good form.