Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 13-05-2015, 11:57 AM
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Beatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBeatleboy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by chatham_eagle View Post
New album out next week. Caught the end of his performance on Jools Holland last night and was in good form.
A friend of mine applied for, and got, 2 free tickets to go and see Paul Weller at a BBC performance tomorrow night. For anyone that is interested, you can join the BBC Audience website and get freebies every now and then. They notify you that something is on and you apply. If you are lucky you get tickets. I have taken my better half to a couple of shows this year. It's a random draw and then on the night they let you in on a "first come , first served' basis. They print out tickets and when they are at full capacity that is it. I was late in arriving and missed out on seeing "The Voice" (first series) and watched recordings of a couple of episodes of "Pointless' instead (they had spaces for those of us who were late). However, they then gave me 2 priority tickets for the next recording of " The Voice." Well worth registering with the BBC.

"And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySwY7...eature=related
Old 13-05-2015, 12:19 PM

philaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minephilaire : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Rick Buckler releasing a book this week about his time with The Jam. It appears he remains utterly unreconciled with Weller, more's the pity. Foxton has reengaged with with Weller in recent years, appearing on stage with him last year. The Jam (devastatingly for me) never toured Australia, although Weller did with Style Council in 1985, and he has visited a couple of times in last 5 years, happily reprising a few Jam classics in his set list.
Old 13-05-2015, 12:29 PM
#Hadron Collider

in-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatleboy View Post
A friend of mine applied for, and got, 2 free tickets to go and see Paul Weller at a BBC performance tomorrow night. For anyone that is interested, you can join the BBC Audience website and get freebies every now and then. They notify you that something is on and you apply. If you are lucky you get tickets. I have taken my better half to a couple of shows this year. It's a random draw and then on the night they let you in on a "first come , first served' basis. They print out tickets and when they are at full capacity that is it. I was late in arriving and missed out on seeing "The Voice" (first series) and watched recordings of a couple of episodes of "Pointless' instead (they had spaces for those of us who were late). However, they then gave me 2 priority tickets for the next recording of " The Voice." Well worth registering with the BBC.
They would have to be free, but they would used as toilet paper not tickets...
Old 13-05-2015, 12:34 PM
People are People

firesign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietfiresign came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I am a big Weller fan - but he has always come across as a grumpy old man even long before he got old

saw him live at Warwick Castle last year - great set
Old 13-05-2015, 12:40 PM
#Hadron Collider

in-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is herein-exile Sam the man is here
He gets on well with Bradley Wiggins...says it all really....
Old 13-05-2015, 08:00 PM
Resurrection!

Baloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineBaloo : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
His new album is streaming on the Guardian website this week ahead of release and I reckon it's one of the best albums of his career.
Old 13-05-2015, 08:40 PM

Away came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietAway came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I really like Wild Wood, but watching him on Later this week my initial thought was that having lost the weird hard mellowness of his voice which I liked, I found the music a bit pedestrian.

I heard an Annie Lennox gig on the radio a few years ago and I was taken aback at how she had developed new depths to supplant the (lost) virtuosity of her younger voice. I remember thinking that was a mark of a real artist.

Not saying Weller isn't - just that his singing is, well, not the greatest asset now. I will listen more following what people have said here.