Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 03-01-2015, 05:52 PM
Die seife bitte fräulein!

anti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is here
The Pedalboard Thread

Finally, after bloody ages, I decided to build my first pedalboard today in order to actualy make use of some of the effects pedals I actually like, and here it is, my Mk.I version

I say Mk.I because I'll add a whammy at some stage and have to make it all again.

This uses the Z-5 footswitch for my ENGL Screamer 50 tube amp and that is what I mostly use. Has various levels of dirt on it plus reverb and booster switch. The Magicstomp is a great little tool I use because it's portable and has a built in tuner - fantastic little device. I chucked in my 3 fave boss pedals, compressor to DS-1 to fuzz, then to a new delay pedal I bought. I was shopping about for one for ages because the prices have been putting me off and I resented spending £100+ on a feckin delay switch, then I found Joyo - talk about bang for buck - £45 and it has all the tricks

I'll add a whammy at some stage but I play no lead in my band so have little call for one, I leave that to our lead guitarist, but I will get one for my own fun at some stage.
Old 03-01-2015, 06:03 PM

HurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Unfortunately I know nothing about pedals but always find it amusing watching one of my guitar players doing an Irish jig to change several effects when moving between song sections

You found a new band yet?
Old 03-01-2015, 06:07 PM
Just call me sarge!!

Ardent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietArdent Eagle Forever came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-addick View Post
Finally, after bloody ages, I decided to build my first pedalboard today in order to actualy make use of some of the effects pedals I actually like, and here it is, my Mk.I version

Looking at all the electrical kit there, I do hope that the palace rug is fireproof
Don't shoot the messenger, but someone tried telling me in the pub last week that we're close to administration again. I wouldn't have it, but he reckoned he had a 'source' and insisted it was true. I don't believe a word of it, but just hearing the 'a' word is enough to send a shiver down my spine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPFC2010
Ha ha, complete and utter bollocks.
Old 03-01-2015, 06:26 PM

anti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is hereanti-addick Sam the man is here
Sat on kindling

HPP, we played at the beer festy last year but then our bass player buggered off. We broke up but then our drummer had a mate who is a guitarist who fancied playing bass so we reformed recently and will be playing this year. We play grunge covers, love it

My first band, Queeg, just don't bother to play anymore, we jam sometimes but that's it.
Old 04-01-2015, 12:32 PM
legit

foetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is here
I've just had a major pedalboard redesign. New addition is a strange analog delay which looks like part of a control panel from a 1970s power station.

Plans for 2015 include a Strymon Mobius, Death by Audio Apocalypse fuzz, VL 4x4 power supply. I've also got a strong urge for a ring modulator / frequency shifter too.

To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 04-01-2015, 12:36 PM

HurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHurstpierPalace came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Good to hear you're still doing the grunge covers. Keep it up there're not enough bands around doing it especially considering how many people still seem to love AIC, Soundgarden, STP, Kyuss etc. I'm heading back to England around April time and getting going with my band and also want to get back into putting on a few gigs again if possible. Wanna try to organise a gig swap at some point?
Old 04-01-2015, 01:41 PM

Shit yeah we can. If we get one of our local 'festivals' (ie bunch of friends in bands to play a local hall for a party) then I'll ping you. We fancied doing an all-dayer in a field somewhere, something been talked about a few years running - has to happen

Did you see us at the beer festy at all?

Nice kit their Foetus, looks like you've really looked into the sounds you want, no mainstream stuff there. Well put together, very neat and tidy, not like my unfinished firewood look What sort of stuff do you play using those? Also, what sort of jacks are you using there? I used Neutrik angled but they are too big in hindsight, I will look into those very flat ones if I need to make room at all.

Last edited by anti-addick; 04-01-2015 at 01:48 PM.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:54 PM

Cool that'd be great . Nah mate I didn't get along to the beer festival at all. Been travelling a bit since late summer and was saving up before that. How'd it go? Do you guys get out of the local area much?
Old 04-01-2015, 02:00 PM

We're not all that serious, we're happy to play once a month tbh.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:55 PM

Yeah that's fair enough. I'll drop you a message in a few months when I get back to England.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:24 PM
legit

foetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is herefoetus eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-addick View Post
Nice kit their Foetus, looks like you've really looked into the sounds you want, no mainstream stuff there. Well put together, very neat and tidy, not like my unfinished firewood look What sort of stuff do you play using those? Also, what sort of jacks are you using there? I used Neutrik angled but they are too big in hindsight, I will look into those very flat ones if I need to make room at all.
Cheers AA, I've been through a lot of pedals to get to this stage. The board covers a lot of styles but I do get low to medium overdrive from the amp, though the RAT is great at all levels of gain from OD to fuzz.

The patch cables are these, which are brilliant and well worth the investment...

Old 05-01-2015, 12:05 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
I don't have a pedal board these days, just this old stalwart....

Second one I've owned.
I hit the original too hard during a gig years back, and switches, springs and washers flew everywhere..
Old 06-01-2015, 05:14 PM
Bass Man

bunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
So far my pedal board only includes one pedal.

A Electro Harmonix Deluxe Big Bass Muff. Its my first proper pedal and I love it. Never really been into effects being a bass player never saw much point but was given this as a present for being best man for my bands guitarist. Since getting it Ive been making all sorts of plans to get a few more pedals and to make my own train. But will have to wait until funds permit.
Old 07-01-2015, 12:24 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Stellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is hereStellavista Sam the man is here
Some people just don't know when to stop...

Last edited by Stellavista; 07-01-2015 at 10:54 AM.
Old 07-01-2015, 12:25 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunter View Post
So far my pedal board only includes one pedal.

A Electro Harmonix Deluxe Big Bass Muff. Its my first proper pedal and I love it. Never really been into effects being a bass player never saw much point but was given this as a present for being best man for my bands guitarist. Since getting it Ive been making all sorts of plans to get a few more pedals and to make my own train. But will have to wait until funds permit.
Bass?

This what you really want:

Old 07-01-2015, 09:41 AM
legit

You want one of these for bass...

Old 07-01-2015, 09:51 AM
Lurker

zaph_01 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minezaph_01 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minezaph_01 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minezaph_01 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minezaph_01 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minezaph_01 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minezaph_01 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minezaph_01 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minezaph_01 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minezaph_01 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minezaph_01 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Pedals are too expensive for me. I use Rocksmith 2014 on Xbox for all my effects.

It's not really suitable for gigs though, but seeing as I'm absolute dog turd and would never perform in front of people it's all good
Old 07-01-2015, 10:50 AM
The Bringer of Joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by foetus eagle View Post
You want one of these for bass...

Taurus bass pedals. Lovely bit of kit, but a bit expensive, and not much use unless you are into prog....

Chris Squire's tech talks about his bass pedal set up:

'When Chris was playing in the seventies and using the MOOG Taurus Bass Pedals, how do you get that sound today?

Actually, Chris used two bass pedal sounds in the 70's. One being the original Moog Taurus Pedals and the other being an old Italian electronic organ supplemental pedal board that was made by Dutron. Nowadays, Chris' original blend of these two instruments have been sampled and are played from an EMU sampler.'
Old 07-01-2015, 11:32 AM
Bass Man

bunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbunter came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
nice!

Im planning on getting a decent octavia if anyone has any recommendations? Having that with the muff going to try and get my own approximation of the Royal Blood sound.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:41 PM

That's the best thing for bass, pitch shift it up to guitar frequencies....

Stella, that pedalboard is ridiculous, there are about 3 different overdrive pedals on there for a start, it's got to be a joke - surely nobody sets the up seriously!