Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Off Topic The Music Forum

Notices

The Music Forum All things music

Old 26-06-2017, 03:09 PM
rusty body, strong engine

stamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Stand out moments from Glastonbury 2017

Bored of the new manager malarkey already so have been thinking back to the weekend. I always start the Glastonbury weekend feeling less than enthused but end up with a feeling of euphoria from at least some of the music or moments over the course of the festival. And that is just from watching on TV - one day I might even make it there.

Anyway for what it's worth, my 3 standouts this year were:
Junk Food Forever - the Amazons - great ending to a strong first set
3 Wheel-ups - Kano - thought it was a brilliant set with full orchestra and really engaged audience which hasn't always been the case for grime at Glastonbury
Mr Brightside - the Killers - their 'secret' set on the John Peel stage seemed to have half of Glastonbury present. Not a big fan usually but thought it was fantastic.

One other thing I really enjoyed hearing was a track from a new band called the Fedz - To view the link you have to Register or Login

What were your stand out moments from watching on TV or in person?
Old 26-06-2017, 03:13 PM

Sydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineSydenham Eagle : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Only saw yesterday but Nile Rodgers was top drawer and Barry Gibbs's voice clearly deserted him some time ago!
Old 26-06-2017, 09:32 PM
100% CPFC.

Malarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is hereMalarkey Sam the man is here
I'm not the new manager
Old 26-06-2017, 10:00 PM
Jolene Jolene Jolene...

Woosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is hereWoosie Sam the man is here
From watching on TV:

The crowd singing "For a minute there, I lost myself" during Karma Police was pretty awesome (as was the whole song)

Big fan of Sigrid, infectious and so enthusiastic. Not for everyone but really enjoyed her set.

'it would be boring if they won every time right?'

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die, to sleep,
No more; and by a sleep to say we end

Last edited by Woosie; 26-06-2017 at 10:03 PM.
Old 26-06-2017, 10:36 PM

Oli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is hereOli28 Sam the man is here
Only watched on tele, but the whole Radiohead set looked amazing.
Old 26-06-2017, 11:21 PM

nickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietnickgusset came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Kate Tempest gave a very impassioned performance.
Old 26-06-2017, 11:23 PM
Make things happen

furzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefurzy85 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
enjoyed parts of radiohead, loved all of kate tempest, frustrated by the national, lost patience with the foos messing about, thoroughly enjoyed chic on sunday afternoon.
Old 27-06-2017, 12:51 PM

Kevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by furzy85 View Post
enjoyed parts of radiohead, loved all of kate tempest, frustrated by the national, lost patience with the foos messing about, thoroughly enjoyed chic on sunday afternoon.
Similar. I thought Radiohead were fantastic, although started slowly and as a huge The National fan, I was a bit disappointed. I don't think the sound came through on the telly very well for a lot of bands.
Old 27-06-2017, 12:56 PM

Kevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietKevin T came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Royal Blood were the other highlight for me
Old 27-06-2017, 01:00 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin T View Post
Royal Blood were the other highlight for me
Bloody Brighton fans.
Old 27-06-2017, 01:00 PM
43% Burnt

PauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is herePauLo Sam the man is here
Big J Corbz being the support act for Run the Jewels.
Old 27-06-2017, 01:25 PM

Fort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineFort Neef : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Second vote for Kano - criminally underrated
Old 27-06-2017, 03:14 PM

stamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietstamford triumph came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fort Neef View Post
Second vote for Kano - criminally underrated
Agreed - I would urge anyone who hasn't seen him before to watch the last 15 minutes of his set on BBC iplayer - so tight musically, so much energy and all done with a smile too.
Old 27-06-2017, 05:04 PM
wasteman

Ov. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Had a really enjoyable festival, it might have been my best yet rivalling 2013. Radiohead were the main reason for my attendance. A great setlist, however I would've liked them to have dropped Bloom for Reckoner. I also managed to get in the John Peel tent early for The Killers who didn't disappoint, great singalong tunes that I haven't listened to for a long time, will revisit Hot Fuss and Sams Town now. Other artists that deserve a shout are The Moonlandingz and Joe Goddard on the Park stage, Thundercat on the West Holts stage, and Goldfrapp, Real Estate, and Frank Carter in the JP tent. Frank Carter will have won over a lot of new fans with his performance prior to The Killers.
My only disappointment was The National, this was the 4th or 5th time I've seen them and definitely the worst. 5 new songs in an hour long sub headline slot is not the way to win new fans.
I also caught Angel Olsen, The xx, Metronomy, Laura Marling, The Pretenders, plus lots of late night DJ's in Block 9 and Shangri-La.
Other things of note were the staggering amount of drug busts, I've never seen anything like it at Glastonbury. Also just how busy the site has been the last couple of years, they must be squeezing more people in than ever before, it would be ideal if they could cut capacity by 20k people.

Last edited by Ov.; 27-06-2017 at 05:11 PM.
Old 27-06-2017, 05:18 PM
We scored three...

knowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Best of the 5 I have been to - the weather was perfect, I was with a group of 3 others and we are all generally on the same level musically so made the choices easy. Top sets for me were Radiohead, Chic and Father John Misty.

Watched an interview with Ed from Radiohead earlier and he closed it by saying that it is the festival that, when you leave on a Monday, has managed to restore your faith humanity. I just could not agree more.
Old 27-06-2017, 05:57 PM

For those that went, how easy was it to get tickets this year?
Old 27-06-2017, 06:11 PM
wasteman

Ov. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOv. : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
I had no luck from NZ, I don't know if that makes a difference. Luckily a mate grabbed mine. This was the first year everyone of my mates that wanted a ticket managed to get one, quite a few even got tickets in the resales which are notoriously hard.
Old 27-06-2017, 08:29 PM
jft39

west country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is herewest country boy Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickgusset View Post
Kate Tempest gave a very impassioned performance.
She is so awful.
Old 27-06-2017, 09:06 PM
We scored three...

knowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietknowlesyUCLA came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford triumph View Post
For those that went, how easy was it to get tickets this year?
Typically stressful. The main October allocation of 135k went in about 50 minutes though next year being fallow may have had something to do with it.
Old 28-06-2017, 10:05 PM
Selhurst Heaven

chrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is herechrisophiex Sam the man is here
I must be getting too old...the bands on offer were awful in the main.