Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS Crystal Palace Football Club General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 10-09-2017, 03:40 AM
Flapping!!!!

Flappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietFlappy Chicken came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
There is no way he is dropping Puncheon

Vote Moo moo2
Old 10-09-2017, 06:16 AM

srh : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesrh : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesrh : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesrh : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesrh : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesrh : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesrh : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesrh : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesrh : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesrh : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minesrh : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian eagle View Post
This for me!
Delaney over RLC. Not for me
Old 10-09-2017, 06:47 AM

Dodds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineDodds : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Hennessey

Foshu-Mensah Dann Tomkins Schlupp

Milivojevic Cabaye

Loftus-Cheek

Puncheon Benteke Townsend
Old 10-09-2017, 06:48 AM

Pete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPete79 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Burnley are playing with three in midfield. If we play two in the middle we risk being over run. This is especially true if Puncheon is there who will leave Luka exposed and thus hesitant on and off the ball. This causes Lukato try and cover too much space (assuming he's the other midfielder). This, in my view contributed to his poor positioning and mistake for Liverpool's goal.
It will be interesting to see who in our team provide width and support for Benteke. Where will RLC and Townsend play? It will also be interesting to see if Cabaye plays. He was our best player against Swansea when he came on in the second half.
Old 10-09-2017, 07:37 AM

teesdale99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineteesdale99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineteesdale99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineteesdale99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineteesdale99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineteesdale99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineteesdale99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineteesdale99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineteesdale99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineteesdale99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineteesdale99 : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodds View Post
Hennessey

Foshu-Mensah Dann Tomkins Schlupp

Milivojevic Cabaye

Loftus-Cheek

Puncheon Benteke Townsend
I like this Dodds

Given that punch will undoubtedly play, this is probably the best place for him.

Unfortunately I don't think we will set up like this (to begin with)
Old 10-09-2017, 07:40 AM

HorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHorleyStu came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
I fear he will go with this:

....................Hennesey...................... .......
........Fosu-Mensa...Dann...Jairo..................
Ward...Puncheon...MacArthur...Cabaye...PVA
........................RLC....................... ..........
.....................Benteke...................... ........
Old 10-09-2017, 09:45 AM
Danger Zone

Stavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is hereStavros 69 Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorleyStu View Post
I fear he will go with this:

....................Hennesey...................... .......
........Fosu-Mensa...Dann...Jairo..................
Ward...Puncheon...MacArthur...Cabaye...PVA
........................RLC....................... ..........
.....................Benteke...................... ........
Ward as RWB
Old 10-09-2017, 09:55 AM

James SG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJames SG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJames SG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJames SG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJames SG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJames SG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJames SG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJames SG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJames SG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJames SG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJames SG : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcpfc View Post
Hennessy

TFM
Dann
Tompkins
PVA

Luka

Townsend
Cabaye
RLC
Schlupp

Benteke

Hope we will set up like this. Bin the 3-4-3 for now.

Hopefully this. Will be interesting to see if Ward and Punch keep their places.
Old 10-09-2017, 10:00 AM

exiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietexiledeagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Think we need to give Schlupp a chance wide left ,we need a bit of pace and threat there
Old 10-09-2017, 10:09 AM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
If he drops PVA and Puncheon, he might have some kind of idea, if he plays either, he is clueless
Old 10-09-2017, 10:24 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
If he drops PVA and Puncheon, he might have some kind of idea, if he plays either, he is clueless
What about Ward as wing-back? No way he will drop Puncheon.
Old 10-09-2017, 10:28 AM
All views stated are IMHO

glaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is hereglaziers fan Sam the man is here
Right, here's the team I would pick if I was FdB:

---------------------------Hennessey--------------------------------------
---------TFM----------------Dann--------------Tomkins------------------
Townsend----Cabaye----Milivojevic-----Puncheon----------PVA
---------------------RLC-------------Benteke------------------------------

1) You played Townsend right wing back all of pre-season. Play him there. He is too lightweight to play close to Benteke. RLC to play close to Benteke and to help out in midfield

2) COYP
Old 10-09-2017, 10:38 AM

bigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is herebigend1 Sam the man is here
Hennessey
Ward - Fosu-Mensah - Dann - van Aanholt
Luka
Townsend - Cabaye - Loftus - Schlupp
Benteke

Still that for me if they are fit.

Pace of fosu next to Dann gives him the edge over Tomkins

I fear we'll see

--------------------Wayne
----------fosu-------Dann----Tomkins
Ward-------------------------------------PVA
--------------------Luka----------------------
------------rlc-------------punch
-----------Townsend-----benteke
Old 10-09-2017, 10:44 AM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
Right, here's the team I would pick if I was FdB:

---------------------------Hennessey--------------------------------------
---------TFM----------------Dann--------------Tomkins------------------
Townsend----Cabaye----Milivojevic-----Puncheon----------PVA
---------------------RLC-------------Benteke------------------------------

1) You played Townsend right wing back all of pre-season. Play him there. He is too lightweight to play close to Benteke. RLC to play close to Benteke and to help out in midfield

2) COYP
If FDB has said to himself **** it, let's just go for it, and go out with a bang, you might be right. But I would be panicking every time Brady gets the ball because he will give Townsend a torrid time because he battles and unless Luka covers across higher up (as he should but hasn't been) we will be in a mess.

But COYP.
Old 10-09-2017, 12:01 PM

Krise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krise View Post
I'm pretty resigned too. It's dead certain relegation in my eyes, unless the manager or a new manager gets Zaha, Townsend, Sako, Chung Yong Lee, Puncheon, Schlupp running down the wings instead of Ward, Van Aanholt, Fosu-Mensah, Riedewald etc.
There is still hope with FdB after that promising line-up vs Burnley. Chung Yong Lee on the wing (I hope...), Schlupp at left back etc. A lot better than most line-ups here. My hopes are up again. COYP!
Old 10-09-2017, 12:08 PM
Wondering why it matters!

Martin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is hereMartin H Sam the man is here
Gutted we are without Tomkins, RLC and Wilf. Our two best players probably plus a key CB. FFS.
Old 10-09-2017, 12:11 PM

Krise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineKrise : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krise View Post
I believe it will be this, 4-3-3:

Hennessey

Ward - Fosu-Mensah - Dann - Schlupp

Cabaye - Milivojevic - Puncheon/McArthur

Townsend - Benteke - McArthur/Puncheon

The line-up is very close to what I thought it would be on the 3rd of September. Really happy with this. It was always going to be difficult to fill the left wing slot with the current injuries. Puncheon has lost pace, so he's not ideal out wide anymore.

Last edited by Krise; 10-09-2017 at 12:20 PM.