Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 11-03-2018, 01:27 PM

Selhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is hereSelhurst Celtic Sam the man is here
Who gave him the shiner?
Old 11-03-2018, 01:28 PM

Danny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is hereDanny boy Sam the man is here
No surprise his pressing was much better once Zaha was on the pitch.

When Benteke is on the pitch it seems the whole team doesn't bother pressing as they know he isn't willing/can't run.
Old 11-03-2018, 01:38 PM

Anneseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAnneseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAnneseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAnneseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAnneseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAnneseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAnneseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAnneseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAnneseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAnneseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAnneseagles : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by 917L View Post
Well he has been pathetic for an entire season
Amazed that the manager has persisted with him for so long. Match after match he has simply not been good enough and the manager has just refused to see it or do anything about it.
Old 11-03-2018, 01:40 PM
Associate member of AWM

Buglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBuglebob came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny boy View Post
No surprise his pressing was much better once Zaha was on the pitch.

When Benteke is on the pitch it seems the whole team doesn't bother pressing as they know he isn't willing/can't run.
I make that absolutely spot on. First half he looked lethargic and to be following CB's lead (i.e., not that bothered); second half he looked to be relishing the responsibility of leading the line.

Playing 4-4-2 you have to defend from the front. We didn't do it against ManU and they eventually overran us as our midfield was exposed and had run themselves into the ground. Yesterday Chelsea exposed us much earlier (they look a far better team than ManU) and the resultant half time change worked, but was too late. I don't blame Roy for trying it, two big strikers playing together often works; problem was simply that they did not work hard enough.
Old 11-03-2018, 01:53 PM
I'm thinking about it

Eddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is hereEddie McGoldrick's tash Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneseagles View Post
Amazed that the manager has persisted with him for so long. Match after match he has simply not been good enough and the manager has just refused to see it or do anything about it.
Until now we have never had any other option than to play him. It was the decision not to sign another forward in the summer that caused such a big problem.
Old 11-03-2018, 02:05 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buglebob View Post
I make that absolutely spot on. First half he looked lethargic and to be following CB's lead (i.e., not that bothered); second half he looked to be relishing the responsibility of leading the line.

Playing 4-4-2 you have to defend from the front. We didn't do it against ManU and they eventually overran us as our midfield was exposed and had run themselves into the ground. Yesterday Chelsea exposed us much earlier (they look a far better team than ManU) and the resultant half time change worked, but was too late. I don't blame Roy for trying it, two big strikers playing together often works; problem was simply that they did not work hard enough.
I’m sure Chelsea sitting back, letting us push up the pitch an extra 20 yards, and giving our players far more time and space on the ball had nothing to do with the improvement in Sorloth’s, and the whole team’s performance.

Last edited by CP-RJW; 11-03-2018 at 02:07 PM.
Old 11-03-2018, 02:29 PM
Banned by Moderators

bigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietbigGcpfc came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
We have to remember Sorloth is new to the Premiership and he is clearly not the finished product. I like the slight swagger he has but the biggest problem with playing him with that lazy lump Benteke is the laziness will rub off. We were without doubt a better side without Benteke yesterday.
Old 11-03-2018, 02:34 PM

Green Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietGreen Bin came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post
I’m sure Chelsea sitting back, letting us push up the pitch an extra 20 yards, and giving our players far more time and space on the ball had nothing to do with the improvement in Sorloth’s, and the whole team’s performance.
Yeah...we should have left Benteke on so he could have jogged through the whole game
Old 11-03-2018, 02:36 PM

CP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is hereCP-RJW Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bin View Post
Yeah...we should have left Benteke on so he could have jogged through the whole game
How did I know that someone would bring up Benteke despite him not being mentioned in my post?
Old 11-03-2018, 02:40 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP-RJW View Post

Chelsea dropped deep because the pace of Zaha. Having Zaha on the pitch makes teams alter the way they play. After bossing the 1st half... Chelsea ain’t gonna change it for no good reason.
Old 11-03-2018, 02:44 PM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by mushroom View Post
Chelsea dropped deep because the pace of Zaha. Having Zaha on the pitch makes teams alter the way they play. After bossing the 1st half... Chelsea ain’t gonna change it for no good reason.
Yep
Old 11-03-2018, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Zaha helped, but they were saving their energy for the Nou Camp. I was surprised Conte didn’t rest anyone to be honest.
Old 11-03-2018, 03:06 PM
Sing now, godess.

wedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is herewedgetail Sam the man is here
Quote:
This happens every game he plays.
Old 11-03-2018, 03:12 PM
sleep chaser

mushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is heremushroom Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgetail View Post
This happens every game he plays.

Yes... I think RH likes Zaha up top because teams drop deeper, which (should) make CB more dangerous.
Old 11-03-2018, 03:35 PM

Danny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDanny_Cheviot came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Not gonna judge him against Spurs, Utd or Chelsea. I’ll wait until we play our teams in our league within a league.
Old 11-03-2018, 03:38 PM

macstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is heremacstar Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_Cheviot View Post
Not gonna judge him against Spurs, Utd or Chelsea. I’ll wait until we play our teams in our league within a league.
agree, they are miles ahead of us this season.... i can see him giving numerous other teams problems.
Old 11-03-2018, 03:48 PM
People are People

firesign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is herefiresign Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_Cheviot View Post
to be fair he scored a perfectly good goal against Chelsea and I also thought he looked better as a lone striker in those 45 minutes than Benteke has looked all season
Old 11-03-2018, 03:53 PM
Zuffenhausen

917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here917L Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anneseagles View Post
Well, he hasn't really had the opportunity until the last couple of games
Old 11-03-2018, 03:59 PM

DARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is hereDARZET EAGLE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by firesign View Post
to be fair he scored a perfectly good goal against Chelsea and I also thought he looked better as a lone striker in those 45 minutes than Benteke has looked all season
Very true, Sorloth looked a different player in the second half leading the line.
Old 11-03-2018, 04:04 PM
The Spiky One

Hedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is hereHedgehog Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Celtic View Post
Who gave him the shiner?
He had it after the United game on Monday.