Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Crystal Palace Football Club » General Palace Discussion

Notices

General Palace Discussion General Palace talk - please keep transfer talk in the transfer forum.

Old 18-03-2018, 11:10 AM
Hadron Collider

in-exile has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by glaziers fan View Post
I think with same opportunities that AS had against Chelsea, Benteke would have scored.
But he doesn't does he ...
Old 18-03-2018, 11:10 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostrils View Post
And yet he scored a legitimate goal in only his second appearance in his favoured position. He may not be the best striker on our books, but to write him off this early is daft.
Well it wasn’t legit.. but I get what you are saying.

He shouldn’t be written off, he looks to have potential, but I also wouldn’t be getting excited about him. He’s and unknown and has shown glimpses of good, glimpses of not so. He needs to be given time, a decent pre season with the team in summer will help. Hopefully his injury isn’t a bad one.
Old 18-03-2018, 11:15 AM
gumnut cottage

foxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of minefoxinthebox : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
He looks like an honest pro. He chases down, he doesn’t whinge at others. Does look very one footed though.

Want to see him in a full strength side in place of benteke. Done with him.
Old 18-03-2018, 11:15 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
Well it wasn’t legit.. but I get what you are saying.
There was no foul, only the referee's lack of backbone and brain prevented it from being a goal.
Old 18-03-2018, 11:18 AM

Thefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is hereThefunkymonk Sam the man is here
Quote:
There was no foul, only the referee's lack of backbone and brain prevented it from being a goal.
I know. But it didn’t count. So kinda irrelevant
Old 18-03-2018, 11:20 AM

Nostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is hereNostrils Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thefunkymonk View Post
I know. But it didn’t count. So kinda irrelevant
Not if a poster is suggesting he's not good enough to score goals in the PL. He's proved that he's capable of scoring a legitimate goal, regardless of it being given, therefore in this context, it is completely relevant.
Old 18-03-2018, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Not if a poster is suggesting he's not good enough to score goals in the PL. He's proved that he's capable of scoring a legitimate goal, regardless of it being given, therefore in this context, it is completely relevant.
Fair
Old 18-03-2018, 11:42 AM
I'm just cheese

davemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is heredavemorris04 Sam the man is here
Would be nice if one of our strikers would, you know, score some goals.
Old 18-03-2018, 11:50 AM

Penstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is herePenstone Eagle Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by davemorris04 View Post
Would be nice if one of our strikers would, you know, score some goals.
I only bet on Tomkins and Luca to score, I have little faith in anyone else scoring.
Old 18-03-2018, 08:45 PM
Pills wont help you now

Davy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietDavy64 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
I think with same opportunities that AS had against Chelsea, Benteke would have scored.
But that's the point he wouldn't have when he should

'What a divergence from that playoff shambles. Palace beating the Premier League Title Holders, whilst we lose 1-0 at Rotherham FFS. What a gulf.' from NSC 6/4/15
Old 18-03-2018, 09:12 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Hilarious post.

Benteke has had so many golden opportunities yet has consistently failed to score. He's missed more chances than any other player - or is he second behind Salah? Either way he has been criminal in front of goal this season.

What's really surprising is how so many people on here are willing to write off a young striker in sorloth who has just arrived in a new country, in a new league, off the back of the equivalent of a pre season break. And he also played his first four games against top class opposition - and often out of position. Amazing how he is given such little leeway given all the circumstances.

He has made a decent start and I'm sure he will get better.
Old 18-03-2018, 09:37 PM

Michael G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMichael G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMichael G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMichael G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMichael G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMichael G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMichael G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMichael G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMichael G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMichael G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMichael G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Palace View Post
Hilarious post.

Benteke has had so many golden opportunities yet has consistently failed to score. He's missed more chances than any other player - or is he second behind Salah? Either way he has been criminal in front of goal this season.

What's really surprising is how so many people on here are willing to write off a young striker in sorloth who has just arrived in a new country, in a new league, off the back of the equivalent of a pre season break. And he also played his first four games against top class opposition - and often out of position. Amazing how he is given such little leeway given all the circumstances.

He has made a decent start and I'm sure he will get better.
You missed out the bit about how he didn’t own any boots and had to borrow some and how he got here as a stowaway.
Old 18-03-2018, 09:40 PM

Mr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is hereMr Palace Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G View Post
You missed out the bit about how he didn’t own any boots and had to borrow some and how he got here as a stowaway.
Eh? Maybe best to leave the jokes to others mate
Old 18-03-2018, 09:51 PM

Michael G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMichael G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMichael G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMichael G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMichael G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMichael G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMichael G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMichael G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMichael G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMichael G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineMichael G : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Eh? Maybe best to leave the jokes to others mate
Slightly funnier than your Salah quip.
Old 18-03-2018, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Slightly funnier than your Salah quip.
What, the fact I referred to? That wasn't intended as a quip - just stating what I had read somewhere.
Old 18-03-2018, 10:02 PM

Quote:
What, the fact I referred to? That wasn't intended as a quip - just stating what I had read somewhere.
Yes but it’s all geared up to your anti Benteke agenda.
Old 18-03-2018, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Old 18-03-2018, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Well, it's a fact so not sure what's in dispute.

I don't have an anti-Benteke agenda. I just wish he wasn't so bang average. The more he scores the better we do, so I want him to succeed again. I watched him closely again yesterday and he's not doing enough. But I guess it's all about opinions and you're entitled to yours.
Old 18-03-2018, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Well, it's a fact so not sure what's in dispute.

I don't have an anti-Benteke agenda. I just wish he wasn't so bang average. The more he scores the better we do, so I want him to succeed again. I watched him closely again yesterday and he's not doing enough. But I guess it's all about opinions and you're entitled to yours.
Look I won’t cry my eyes out if he’s not here next season. But imo he is our best bet up top by quite a margin. I don’t quite understand why the goals have not gone in but I still think he links play well especially when our better players are around him. Maybe not having another striker for so long has been a reason together with his injury. Sorloth will hopefully be an asset but it has to be Benteke from now till the end for me.
Old 18-03-2018, 11:10 PM
Wheelie McWheelface

A Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is hereA Wooden Fish On Wheels Sam the man is here
Neither Sorloth nor Benteke are the answer to the question.