Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 10-06-2015, 06:31 PM

Aguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Asturias

Mrs AL & I have decided to spend 3 weeks near Oviedo next month, instead of the annual pilgrimage to the costas.
Anyone know the area well, and could recommend places to visit/eat etc?
We quite like off the beaten track type of things, so any help would be much appreciated.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:34 PM

GreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is hereGreatGonzo Sam the man is here
Juan Mata is there at the moment - message him on twitter?
Old 10-06-2015, 06:37 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
What a great idea.
I cycled from Oviedo to Santiago two summers ago, along the coast. Breathtakingly beautiful views, great food and kind, welcoming people everywhere - they don't get mass tourism so they're not blasé.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:45 PM

Aguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineAguila Lakes : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Thanks El Aguila,
I was keen to take the bikes but bloody Brittany Ferries wanted una mano y un brazo for the bike rack, barstewards!
Old 10-06-2015, 06:48 PM
Noot! Noot!

FORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is hereFORZA SELHURST Sam the man is here
Stan Collymore.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:49 PM
Middle class left.

El Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is hereEl Aguila Sam the man is here
It's great cycling country.
I'll look up the towns we ate in tomorrow, and pass on some tips. You'll have a car with you, I guess?
Old 10-06-2015, 06:51 PM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguila Lakes View Post
Mrs AL & I have decided to spend 3 weeks near Oviedo next month, instead of the annual pilgrimage to the costas.
Anyone know the area well, and could recommend places to visit/eat etc?
We quite like off the beaten track type of things, so any help would be much appreciated.
Enjoy, I know you will. Maybe 5kilo heavier at the end of the trip. Lol.

Enjoy mate.

Just how many gobs, clambering for his knob? Must be the old chum brigade.

The party on the left, are now the party on the right.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:52 PM
Middle class left.

Cudillero - you need to get down into the bay and hang, and eat and drink.
It's all off the beaten track, really. People don't think of Asturias first.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:54 PM

Yes, got motor.
Some folk reckon weather a bit lousy, sort of Southern version of Wales.
Missus quite keen on buying a place there - I guess property values quite cheap?
Old 10-06-2015, 06:58 PM

I'm a bit of a lard arse anyway Biggus, so looking forward to the local grub. If it's anything like the Basque Country, I'll be well happy!
Old 10-06-2015, 07:27 PM
I'm watching you

biggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is herebiggus mickus Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguila Lakes View Post
I'm a bit of a lard arse anyway Biggus, so looking forward to the local grub. If it's anything like the Basque Country, I'll be well happy!
You w ill be happy, from another lardy barstard, I know.

Old 10-06-2015, 07:34 PM
Middle class left.

Property will be very cheap in most of Asturias to Brits, yeah......it does rain a fair bit, though. Easy to get to as well, there's an international airport.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:17 PM
Wagon Painter

mik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is heremik59 Sam the man is here
I went to Oviedo for work once. Enjoyed it immensely, though I was looked after by a Spanish government rep so that helped. However, besides that, in the old town its easy to find great cider bars and places to eat, so, as far as I can recall, you can't go wrong.

Having transport is good. Someone else I met over there was heading off into the hills beyond. He'd been before and reckoned it was the best bit of Spain. Looking at the map now I'm not sure which bit he mentioned as it was long ago but I reckon the national park to the south west must've been it. I also heard good things about the coast.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:00 AM
Middle class left.

The Picos de Europa.
I haven't been but I believe they are spectacular.
Old 11-06-2015, 06:27 PM

Thanks to you all for the advice.
Taken ages to write this with my left hand, as I came off my bike today trying to avoid a dog whose cretinous owner left the little toe rag off the lead.
Right arm now in plaster!
Old 11-06-2015, 06:34 PM
Middle class left.

Dog gone!
Luarca. Another place to go. And Covadonga.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:01 PM
Middle class left.

Don't know if you've seen this article, but it's rather inspiring, if you like your tuck: To view the link you have to Register or Login
Old 11-06-2015, 07:43 PM
I'm watching you

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Aguila View Post
Dog gone!
Luarca. Another place to go. And Covadonga.
Dog gone!!!!! That is rubbish.

Repped.

Old 11-06-2015, 08:15 PM
Streams, Speedos & beer.

Maidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is hereMaidstoned Eagle Sam the man is here
I go to an Asturian bar in Coin...the cider is a bit special

Join the "Maidstoned for mod!" campaign