Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 10-06-2015, 11:44 PM
Time is running out

Billy Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is hereBilly Rhino Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaga Eagle View Post
Actually the Tavern in the Town was where the Argie/Brazilian steak house is which was the old Croydon Advertiser office and print rooms.Bit further along from Tiger Tiger towards Katherine St.
I'm fairly sure the old Tavern in the Town is now the Dice bar (was also called Townhouse).

The best pub in Croydon for beer selection and quality is The Green Dragon, which I'm pretty sure was called The Three Tuns or something beer barrel related.
Old 11-06-2015, 12:00 AM

GorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is hereGorBlimey Sam the man is here
I really don't know any of these new pub names but feel quite nostalgic about some of the old ones.

I remember being taken to the Tavern in the Town for my first restaurant meal - there's posh!

I know it was a Berni Inn but I keep thinking there was another Steakhouse brand that they took over, which was what it originally was back then. Anyone know or has Alzheimer's set in.
Old 11-06-2015, 12:04 AM
XXVII

RUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRUSSELL came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by GorBlimey View Post
I really don't know any of these new pub names but feel quite nostalgic about some of the old ones.

I remember being taken to the Tavern in the Town for my first restaurant meal - there's posh!

I know it was a Berni Inn but I keep thinking there was another Steakhouse brand that they took over, which was what it originally was back then. Anyone know or has Alzheimer's set in.
I could be wrong, but I seem to remember it being a carvery downstairs and a steakhouse upstairs
Old 11-06-2015, 02:31 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Rhino View Post
I'm fairly sure the old Tavern in the Town is now the Dice bar (was also called Townhouse).

The best pub in Croydon for beer selection and quality is The Green Dragon, which I'm pretty sure was called The Three Tuns or something beer barrel related.
Is that the place on the corner? I was in there a couple of years back but when I worked in Green Dragon House in the early 80's I am pretty sure there wasnt even a pub there?
Old 11-06-2015, 02:38 AM
I DON'T look like SJ

Jim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is hereJim Cannon Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Is that the place on the corner? I was in there a couple of years back but when I worked in Green Dragon House in the early 80's I am pretty sure there wasnt even a pub there?
It is the one on the corner which is relatively new eg been there probably 15 years or so. It did have another name before but I can't recall it
Old 11-06-2015, 03:23 AM
Shields Utd Futsal Club

Location: Between Jamaica and St Maarten but Sutton for the summer
Timbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is hereTimbo Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Cannon View Post
It is the one on the corner which is relatively new eg been there probably 15 years or so. It did have another name before but I can't recall it
To show how old and useless I am, evebn recently I had to use the phone box outside the pub by Millets to make a call to my wife who was at Lunar House. No one uses public phones these days!!
Old 11-06-2015, 05:01 AM

Speron1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietSperon1 came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

Hogshead
Old 11-06-2015, 06:47 AM
45 year supporter

Gary O sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGary O sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGary O sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGary O sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGary O sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGary O sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGary O sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGary O sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGary O sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGary O sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkGary O sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocky View Post
I remember it being called Scamps with the Van Damme Bar next to it then the Focus Cinema there too.
SCAMPS was all built like a red castle inside then was revamped, the castle turned glittery black and name was changed to LAURELS then completely gutted and done again, renamed EASY STREET God Im Old
Old 11-06-2015, 06:55 AM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Wasn't it a bank?
Old 11-06-2015, 07:06 AM
XXVII

little al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is herelittle al Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary O View Post
SCAMPS was all built like a red castle inside then was revamped, the castle turned glittery black and name was changed to LAURELS then completely gutted and done again, renamed EASY STREET God Im Old
Easy Street was great.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:46 AM
Supporting CPFC 2010

Big-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBig-Griff came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANGERMOUSE View Post
Wasn't it a bank?
Spread Eagle??
Old 11-06-2015, 10:07 AM
Troublemaker

EdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is hereEdMan Sam the man is here
This thread is starting to smell like stale wee....
Old 11-06-2015, 12:56 PM
ár lá

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary O View Post
So am I, I went to all of them and the Vanne Dam. And The Focus to watch Virgin Wife which was 8 minutes long after censorship.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 11-06-2015, 01:02 PM
ár lá

Chocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is hereChocky Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
To show how old and useless I am, evebn recently I had to use the phone box outside the pub by Millets to make a call to my wife who was at Lunar House. No one uses public phones these days!!
At 16, a couple of others and myself sometimes used to use the phone box on Scarbrook Road as a mini bar, drinking bottles of wine bought from Grants off license washed down with Ritz biscuits. Before we discovered we could get served in The Bulls Head or The Standard of course.

Who opened their lunch?
Old 11-06-2015, 08:45 PM
Greatest Mouse Detective

Location: In a post box in the heart of Mayfair, and at Lloyd's
DANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is hereDANGERMOUSE Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Griff View Post
Spread Eagle??
Yes, I remember that as a bank, but the Green Dragon building looks bankish in architecture.
Old 11-06-2015, 10:25 PM
has jumped ship.

RickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietRickyB came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
The Spread and the Dragon were both banks before - the Dragon was the Hogshead in between thougj