Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 20-11-2009, 09:19 AM

Owngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is hereOwngoal Sam the man is here
Interesting when I had the jab on Saturday. Doctor in each room which is not the case normally. Given a card detailing which vaccine was given (not the case normally) and how to report side effects (again not the case normally). I've had very little reaction over the years (have a defective immune system) but this time my arm swelled up, very red and hot for 3-4 days. Still not 100% sure what to do when offered to my kids but prevention is better than cure?
Old 20-11-2009, 09:35 AM
Banned by Moderators

Biggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietBiggineagle came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
[QUOTE=Eaglettie]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggineagle
OH Great, just booked my flu and pneumonia jab for tomorrow morning (apparently you cant have flu jab and swine flu jab at the same time)
QUOTE]

I had mine at the same time , one in each arm, the swine flu jab arm aches the day after and feels like you're carrying a brick in it, was quite rough the day after really but it only lasted 24hrs
Thankyou for that Eaglettie had my Flu Jab in one pneumonia jab in t,other this morning
Swine flu in 10 days

Feel a bit like a pin cushion atm
"WE LEAVE THE EU MARCH 2019"

Old 20-11-2009, 09:54 AM
Irish blood English Heart

OscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
The medical establishment doesn't help.

My friend has a two year old with bad asthma and asked her consultant if she should give him the jab. The consultant told her not to as it wasn't safe.

How can parents decide when there’s so much conflicting advice.
“You ever noticed how people who believe in Creationism look really unevolved? You ever noticed that? Eyes real close together, eyebrow ridges, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day" Yeah, looks like He rushed it.”

Amid concrete and clay, and general decay, nature must still find a way...
Old 20-11-2009, 10:07 AM
Stumbling in the dark

Steve M is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandSteve M is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandSteve M is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandSteve M is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandSteve M is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandSteve M is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandSteve M is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandSteve M is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandSteve M is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandSteve M is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised LandSteve M is dancing like John the Baptist, telling me you're gonna take me to the Promised Land
Quote:
Originally Posted by OscillateWildly
One of the things that really struck me when I read the wholly Marvelous Book 'Bad Science' was the lack of training that medics have in how to interpret research evidence.
Old 20-11-2009, 10:07 AM

Harry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:

My friend has a two year old with bad asthma and asked her consultant if she should give him the jab. The consultant told her not to as it wasn't safe.

How can parents decide when there’s so much conflicting advice.

This is my quandary. My son is 3, and healthy with no known problems.

Do I give him this jab?

Just this week he has been poorly, hot to the touch, bit of a temperature, off his food, restless sleep, and only today back to normal, perhaps he has actually had it?

My initial reaction is to not go for it but am devouring every bit of news about it and will remain open minded
Old 20-11-2009, 10:09 AM

OscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineOscillateWildly : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve M
One of the things that really struck me when I read the wholly Marvelous Book 'Bad Science' was the lack of training that medics have in how to interpret research evidence.

Yep that struck me as well when I read it. I would be interested in his views; I'll see if he's written about this.
“You ever noticed how people who believe in Creationism look really unevolved? You ever noticed that? Eyes real close together, eyebrow ridges, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day" Yeah, looks like He rushed it.”

Old 20-11-2009, 10:22 AM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Does it make me a bad parent that I am fretting about this?
Old 20-11-2009, 11:11 AM
Searching the Holy Grail

selhurstparkflyer was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsselhurstparkflyer was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsselhurstparkflyer was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsselhurstparkflyer was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsselhurstparkflyer was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsselhurstparkflyer was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsselhurstparkflyer was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsselhurstparkflyer was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsselhurstparkflyer was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsselhurstparkflyer was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsselhurstparkflyer was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
I would make the vaccine compulsory if I had my way.

Like all health and education (which is also compulsory) issues, human nature dictates that we underestimate the benefits v the costs and wholly negate the external benefits that consumption begets.
Old 20-11-2009, 11:12 AM
Searching the Holy Grail

selhurstparkflyer was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsselhurstparkflyer was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsselhurstparkflyer was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsselhurstparkflyer was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsselhurstparkflyer was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsselhurstparkflyer was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsselhurstparkflyer was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsselhurstparkflyer was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsselhurstparkflyer was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsselhurstparkflyer was in another world, a world of 20,000 girlsselhurstparkflyer was in another world, a world of 20,000 girls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve M
That is why interpretation of statistics should be left to those who understand statistics, not those with pre-conceived professional ideas.
Old 20-11-2009, 11:15 AM

Harry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietHarry Holmesdale came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Originally Posted by selhurstparkflyer
What about the infamous thalidomide episode though?

For me I try to put as little 'drugs' into my body and my childs body as possible, this is another drug that is not, from my research, entirely researched
Old 20-11-2009, 11:16 AM
Back in a Sublime place

Vendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietVendy came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
oops
Old 20-11-2009, 11:19 AM
Got my eagle eye on you.

smileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is heresmileysmith Sam the man is here
Quote:
That is why interpretation of statistics should be left to those who understand statistics, not those with pre-conceived professional ideas.
No offence - but that post deserves a .
Old 20-11-2009, 11:22 AM
The Snot Machine

Sweetpea! has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperSweetpea! has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperSweetpea! has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperSweetpea! has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperSweetpea! has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperSweetpea! has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperSweetpea! has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperSweetpea! has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperSweetpea! has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperSweetpea! has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperSweetpea! has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipper
Quote:
I've had it too and I felt awful for 2 days then not so bad for another few days, so my experience echoes yours.
I'd describe it as worse than that ... A week of feeling awfull, but only 3 days of a temperature. The worst part of it, was that it made me cronically depressed for a few days and I really wanted to be dead. I was a absolute wreck! I'm on day 11 now and left feeling tired, weak and have a snotty cold.

Of course, as someone said, it is going to vary from person to person. My point was, 'normal' flu, which is less comon, tends to be much worse. Do kids have vacs against that? I don't think they do.

If my GP advised me to give it to my son (if he were a little younger), then I'd probably take his/her advice.
Old 20-11-2009, 12:36 PM
The Snot Machine

Sweetpea! has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperSweetpea! has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperSweetpea! has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperSweetpea! has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperSweetpea! has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperSweetpea! has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperSweetpea! has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperSweetpea! has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperSweetpea! has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperSweetpea! has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipperSweetpea! has got bluster enough for the sails of a clipper
Three more people at work are off now with swine flu. Two out of the three of them have received TamiFlu today. Apparently, it' all my fault they are ill . FFS, these bugs spread before you know you have it and the incubation period is up to 7 days!

Reading this on the NHS website, made me wonder, could the use of TamiFlu on healthy adults increase the chances of a stronger more virile strain forming?

NHS Website:
Should we expect a more severe second wave of the pandemic in the winter?
The history of previous flu pandemics suggests that the current viral strain will spread more widely in the autumn or winter, causing more illness and death. It is possible that the virus will mutate (change) into a stronger strain.
Old 20-11-2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea!

. My point was, 'normal' flu, which is less comon, tends to be much worse. Do kids have vacs against that? I don't think they do.
That isn't true where children are concerned. See the links I posted.

Old 20-11-2009, 12:47 PM
Palace chic

kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!kitticat knows there's no such thing as tomorrow, only one-two-three-go!
Quote:

Like all health and education (which is also compulsory) issues, human nature dictates that we underestimate the benefits v the costs and wholly negate the external benefits that consumption begets.
errr howbout allergic types?
Old 20-11-2009, 01:00 PM
TEB & FYP Editor

jazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjazman came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Mrs JM and my son had their vaccine last Saturday. It was suggested they have it because they both suffer from asthma ... so off they went on Saturday and by the time the evening came they both felt quite weird. Mrs JM didn't go to work on the Sunday as her arm was like a balloon and both of them felt quite ill. She didn't go to work Monday as my son couldn't go to school ... do wonder if it was worth it but will never know I guess ...
Old 20-11-2009, 01:04 PM
Searching the Holy Grail

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileysmith
No offence - but that post deserves a .
Why?

Anybody with a remote idea of statistical analysis would never have allowed that silly MMR/autism article anywhere near the medical world's most respected jounal: The Lancet.
Old 20-11-2009, 01:06 PM
The Snot Machine

Quote:
That isn't true where children are concerned. See the links I posted.

Oh OK, I'll read it.

Just going on my own experiance, I had 'normal' flu as a child (age 12?) and it was much much worse!!

Ive come to the conclusion that I am crap. I've been much iller than my son was with swine flu. Then again, parents cant 'stop', unless they are lucky.
Old 20-11-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Why?
Because it was the sort of post Nick Griffin would be proud of?