Home | Forums | Gallery | Twitter

CPFC BBS  

Go Back   CPFC BBS » Off Topic » General Chit Chat

Notices

General Chit Chat Off topic conversations. Please do not post CPFC or sport related threads here

Old 16-08-2004, 09:10 AM
Searching the Holy Grail

selhurstparkflyer sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkselhurstparkflyer sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkselhurstparkflyer sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkselhurstparkflyer sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkselhurstparkflyer sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkselhurstparkflyer sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkselhurstparkflyer sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkselhurstparkflyer sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkselhurstparkflyer sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkselhurstparkflyer sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkselhurstparkflyer sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:
Originally posted by Psychokiller
Depends what sort of agency you are I guess. I work in the search and selection sector. We don't advertise jobs, we headhunt people for them.
That sounds pretty much like a football agent to me.
Old 16-08-2004, 09:11 AM
Searching the Holy Grail

selhurstparkflyer sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkselhurstparkflyer sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkselhurstparkflyer sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkselhurstparkflyer sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkselhurstparkflyer sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkselhurstparkflyer sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkselhurstparkflyer sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkselhurstparkflyer sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkselhurstparkflyer sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkselhurstparkflyer sings up the sun in a dawn so very darkselhurstparkflyer sings up the sun in a dawn so very dark
Quote:
Originally posted by Gatecrasher
Could it be that you are a hypocrite?
Surely not?
Old 16-08-2004, 09:17 AM
You fill me with inertia

James Melody knows where the wild roses growJames Melody knows where the wild roses growJames Melody knows where the wild roses growJames Melody knows where the wild roses growJames Melody knows where the wild roses growJames Melody knows where the wild roses growJames Melody knows where the wild roses growJames Melody knows where the wild roses growJames Melody knows where the wild roses growJames Melody knows where the wild roses growJames Melody knows where the wild roses grow
I work in recruitment, and I feel that you cannot tar the whole industry with the same brush.

I have never posted a non-existent vacancy. I by and large have good relationships with everyone I deal with. But I know I work for an ethical (and successful company)

The reason you will see agencies targeting companies, is because the companies are the ones who pay for the service. A recruitment company gets you a job, it costs you nothing!!
Old 16-08-2004, 09:19 AM
Fresh Vince of Hilaire

Psychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietPsychokiller came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
Quote:
Nice try trying to wind me up about where I live.

I just wonder how you square your anti-capitalistic views with the job you do - buying and selling people. You can go on about head-hunting all you like but it amounts to the same thing. Could it be that you are a hypocrite?
So what should I do? Not work and therefore not feed myself?

I'd rather be doing this than working for companies making weapons or polluting the environment.

How do you that any of the IT companies you've worked for aren't dealing with Israel and therefore funding ethnic cleansing?

Maybe you're a hypocrite too?
Old 16-08-2004, 09:23 AM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Al From Bromley
Don't use them then GC. Be in control of your own destiny rather than leaving it to others to do it for you.

Ladies and gentlemen,

If you let the Al of Bromley be banned, you will miss out on this sort of contribution.

Vote early - vote often... To view the link you have to Register or Login

thanks for you support,

Pidster
Old 16-08-2004, 09:28 AM
Searching the Holy Grail

Quote:

I'd rather be doing this than working for companies making weapons or polluting the environment.

How do you that any of the IT companies you've worked for aren't dealing with Israel and therefore funding ethnic cleansing?

Yes but, as far as I know, GC doesn't go round smashing up Mcdonald's, where some the poorest people in Britain work. They too have to feed their families or is it OK if I come and firebomb your office while you are in it?
Old 16-08-2004, 09:31 AM
CANDUB

Pidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is herePidster Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by selhurstparkflyer
is it OK if I come and firebomb your office while you are in it?

Probably best left, to the BBS's resident arsonist,
Old 16-08-2004, 09:32 AM
You fill me with inertia

James Melody knows where the wild roses growJames Melody knows where the wild roses growJames Melody knows where the wild roses growJames Melody knows where the wild roses growJames Melody knows where the wild roses growJames Melody knows where the wild roses growJames Melody knows where the wild roses growJames Melody knows where the wild roses growJames Melody knows where the wild roses growJames Melody knows where the wild roses growJames Melody knows where the wild roses grow
Psychokiller...the great big bundle of love
Old 16-08-2004, 09:33 AM

Gatecrasher hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceGatecrasher hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceGatecrasher hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceGatecrasher hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceGatecrasher hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceGatecrasher hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceGatecrasher hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceGatecrasher hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceGatecrasher hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceGatecrasher hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceGatecrasher hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really nice
Quote:

I've only worked for two software houses. One that dealt with logistics (trucks carrying stuff from Sainsbury's warehouses to their supermarkets and the like) and the other that sold property management software. Not exactly on a par with what you are suggesting.

I don't suggest what you should do. Do what you like. But if you are going to slag off those who do menial, poorly paid jobs, I think your occupation is fair game for criticism. It's very mean spirited of you; I have no axe to grind with you, in fact I agree with most of what you say (esp. the monarchy).
Old 16-08-2004, 09:37 AM
CMAM

jone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy dietjone-zee came here looking for the peace and quiet; the healthy air and the healthy diet
As a client of a couple of agencies I would say that it depends upon who you deal with. One We use are excellent and the other who are massive across the UK are a pain in the arse for ever pestering dispite being told not to call and even threaten not to pay their temps if we haven't got an order number to them

Mayor of CarshaltON
Old 16-08-2004, 09:42 AM

Location: Skibbereen / Schinken/ Trá Lí/ an Aerbus / But I'm still behind Stav.
JohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mineJohnA : if all you've got to do today is find peace of mind, come round, you can take a piece of mine
Quote:
Originally posted by James Melody
I work in recruitment, and I feel that you cannot tar the whole industry with the same brush.

I have never posted a non-existent vacancy. I by and large have good relationships with everyone I deal with. But I know I work for an ethical (and successful company)

The reason you will see agencies targeting companies, is because the companies are the ones who pay for the service. A recruitment company gets you a job, it costs you nothing!!
Interesting I have a cousin in recruitment in Dublin. I think the firm he works for is called "Headhunters".
Old 16-08-2004, 09:50 AM
jó csávó

Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.Pistike has 10,000 rep points. No prize though; sorry.
Quote:
...trucks carrying stuff from Sainsbury's warehouses to their supermarkets...
You work for supermarkets!!!
Old 16-08-2004, 09:56 AM
Annoyed with ????

gooch1977 dances before me like a million eyesgooch1977 dances before me like a million eyesgooch1977 dances before me like a million eyesgooch1977 dances before me like a million eyesgooch1977 dances before me like a million eyesgooch1977 dances before me like a million eyesgooch1977 dances before me like a million eyesgooch1977 dances before me like a million eyesgooch1977 dances before me like a million eyesgooch1977 dances before me like a million eyesgooch1977 dances before me like a million eyes
Quote:
Originally posted by JohnA
Interesting I have a cousin in recruitment in Dublin. I think the firm he works for is called "Headhunters".
I have a cousin who is a headhunter aswell.... he supports Chelsea....

I don't really
Old 16-08-2004, 10:20 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
My view of recruitment agencies has improved lately as I just have had two job offers as a result of leads from agencies.
Old 16-08-2004, 11:40 AM
A rare visitor

Al From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is hereAl From Bromley Sam the man is here
Quote:
Originally posted by Pidster
Ladies and gentlemen,

If you let the Al of Bromley be banned, you will miss out on this sort of contribution.
Very funny. I was merely suggesting that if, in his experience, recruitment consultants are scum then why use them?

I am qualified to talk about the subject as I have worked with literally hundreds of recruitment consultancies in my time, from the largest in the UK to tinpot little outfits (remember the obnoxious bloke on that tv programme a while back who was rude to his female staff, yet fancied himself as a bit of a ladies man? He used to be a client of mine too), from admin and clerical staff, through to construction, IT, accountancy and insurance. In my experience, they do come in all shapes and sizes and varying degrees of ability. If youve got a job where the skillsets are hard to find, or are in a well paid profession where they can make a few bob out of you, then you are more likely to find the service they provide is more friendly and pro-active. if, however, you are a ten a penny (no disrespect but there are a lot of them around) helpdesk administrator, typist or oddjob admin worker, then you probably will be low down on the list of priorities and treated with a certain level of disdain rather than a prime source of income for them. I've often thought that, just like the majority of estate agents, some recruitment consultants could do an awful lot better if they actually listened to individuals - rather than just see them as a bunch of skillsets, try and match them up to an environment and culture that might mirror their background or their stated preferences instead of sending them to any old company for an interview.

Anyway, thjat's enough from me. i am bound to be criticised for having a view on it, I am on most things, however I felt it was relevant. In short, if youre not happy with a reruitment consultancy, don't use them. Don't let them lower your self esteem or treat you like a piece of shit. Find one that has got a bit of customer and client service about them. They do exist, and thsu rec cons shouldnt all be given the same label.
Old 16-08-2004, 11:44 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

Dave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is hereDave Sam the man is here
Quote:
Very funny. I was merely suggesting that if, in his experience, recruitment consultants are scum then why use them?
If you work in technology, IT, new media or the Internet the chances are that you will only be recruited via agencies as companies refuse to deal directly with candidates.
Old 16-08-2004, 11:46 AM
Lost

ponypunter FFS Murrayponypunter FFS Murrayponypunter FFS Murrayponypunter FFS Murrayponypunter FFS Murrayponypunter FFS Murrayponypunter FFS Murrayponypunter FFS Murrayponypunter FFS Murrayponypunter FFS Murrayponypunter FFS Murray
Everytime i have been unemployed I have gone to these agencies. everytime they have been keen as hell to register me, then i have heard NOTHING.

So everytime I have got my job out the Guardian jobs section.

I agree, they are totally useless. And what's even more annoying is they make shed-loads of cash.
Old 16-08-2004, 11:52 AM

Gatecrasher hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceGatecrasher hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceGatecrasher hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceGatecrasher hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceGatecrasher hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceGatecrasher hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceGatecrasher hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceGatecrasher hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceGatecrasher hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceGatecrasher hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really niceGatecrasher hopes the chip shop isn't closed, 'cos their pies are really nice
They are w@nkers who want stringing up. They are parasites, pure and simple. I mean, one might suggest that the tax payer providing for the Queen makes her a parasite - thinking about it, there is someone on here who says that very frequently... oh, just remembered who.

Irony, such beautiful irony.
Old 16-08-2004, 11:52 AM
Bombay Bad Boy

LOL
Old 16-08-2004, 11:53 AM
It's been emotional.

Bartman is better than Stevie G, more faithful than John TerryBartman is better than Stevie G, more faithful than John TerryBartman is better than Stevie G, more faithful than John TerryBartman is better than Stevie G, more faithful than John TerryBartman is better than Stevie G, more faithful than John TerryBartman is better than Stevie G, more faithful than John TerryBartman is better than Stevie G, more faithful than John TerryBartman is better than Stevie G, more faithful than John TerryBartman is better than Stevie G, more faithful than John TerryBartman is better than Stevie G, more faithful than John TerryBartman is better than Stevie G, more faithful than John Terry
Same as in many sectors, and life in general I'm afraid, that the actions of a minority ruin the reputation of the majority.

A recruitment firm can't be useless and make shed loads of cash - if they were useless then they would go bust (as many do on a regular basis).

All these sweeping generalisations make me laugh (I make them too), but you have to remember that their services are FREE to you, and you can make an informed choice as to whether or not to deal with that company. You can also research the role you have been put forward for in addition to the info that they may have provided you with. Unless you have no initiative and want to be spoon fed everything, in which case cleaning toilets may be the role for you

In dealing with every aspect of industry you will have good and bad experiences. I happen to be going through a bad experience with a solicitor at the moment but I'm not going to brand everyone in the sector as SCUM.